HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prucha or Voros?

View Poll Results: Who should start.. Voros Or Prucha
Voros 18 27.69%
Prucha 47 72.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Prucha or Voros?

Prucha or Voros?

Voros started the season off great but has slowed down tremendously. He is not scrapping in front of the net as effectively and I think was just getting a lucky at the start of the season.

Prucha has the potential to be a decent sniper which is what we really need. He is fast, works hard and should help prevent us from starting off slow. He is a Class A team mate and does his job. He had lost his scoring touch but I think it will come back in time. Just as everyone has been saying give him more then 2 consecutive games...

Anyways, My thoughts where... and I want to see how you guys feel.....

Should Voros be given the start over Voros. Dawes showed up last game and scored a pretty big goal so It seems voros is the only one not producing...

Voros's past 18 games he has...
28 shots
2 goals
(-6) Rating
Averaging roughly 10 min of ToI.
45PiM's.
I think about 4 fights...
Taken numerous bad penalties.

Prucha's 11 games (His only 11 games)
12 shots
1 goal
(-1) Rating
Averaging Roughly 11 min of TOI
1 penalty taken (Fighting 5 min)
Taken NO bad penalties.

However, Prucha has not had a solid line in a long time.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Voros is terrible. He plays hard one game and then does nothing for a week. He should be playing on the fourth line or not at all. I'd rather Prucha play.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 03:52 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Thank you for a thread we can discuss instead of Sundin.

Prucha is my choice.

I know Voros goes to the net, traffic areas. He gets dirty, and hustles. But he's always on his ass. He keeps getting up though.

Wait.

Thats sounds a lot like Prucha...

All that aside, Prucha is a better player no doubt. Voros is slow. He cant win fights decisively or in any way for that matter.

Now that Pruchas name is off the block for the time being, maybe Renney should insert him in and hell score, and then Renney can take him out again for 5 games.

Its no use. Renney just doesnt want to play him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:11 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Our lack of size and physical play is already so much important. I stick with Voros for the moment. We need him. Actually If I had to make a choice that would be between Korpedo and Prucha, not Voros and Prucha.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Thank you for a thread we can discuss instead of Sundin.

Prucha is my choice.

I know Voros goes to the net, traffic areas. He gets dirty, and hustles. But he's always on his ass. He keeps getting up though.

Wait.

Thats sounds a lot like Prucha...

All that aside, Prucha is a better player no doubt. Voros is slow. He cant win fights decisively or in any way for that matter.

Now that Pruchas name is off the block for the time being, maybe Renney should insert him in and hell score, and then Renney can take him out again for 5 games.

Its no use. Renney just doesnt want to play him.

On top of that, Prucha is younger and has high potential. Voros is like 30 so he really isn't getting much better. At least if we let Prucha play and he turns into even a 20 goal scorer we would fit the hole this team needs and it would open up a lot of possibilities for us. We win games 3-2, 2-1. Those 20 goals are a huge asset. If he fails... oh well. Voros can take his spot again but he's not really taking the spot of someone adding much to the team.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff23 View Post
Our lack of size and physical play is already so much important. I stick with Voros for the moment. We need him. Actually If I had to make a choice that would be between Korpedo and Prucha, not Voros and Prucha.
Yeah but Prucha is a goal scorer which we need badly. I know we need size but we can't sacrifice offensive potency for it. We lack both but I would take Offensive potency over size any day. Just look at Detroit. They don't play very physical and it gets the job done.

How does Prucha play in his own end and how does Voros? I never really here much about Voros's play in our own (which might be a good thing) and I have NO idea how Prucha is in his own end.

Old
12-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Celestial Black

No harm trying Prucha since neither are doing all that great.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Still can't see why Prucha is immune from criticism around here.

12-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not fair to criticize someone who hasn't had a fair chance. For one reason or another, us New York fans turn to logic when dealing with Prucha but overlook it for other players.

Old
12-19-2008, 04:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
It's not fair to criticize someone who hasn't had a fair chance. For one reason or another, us New York fans turn to logic when dealing with Prucha but overlook it for other players.
A fair chance? If he's a goal scorer like you claim, why has he not scored goals? Aaron Voros has almost twice as many goals as he does over the past two seasons.

Can we stop making excuses for the guy?

As an attempt to answer my own question: I think some people are in love with the idea of Prucha.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Shake and Bake

Voros.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Duponttime*

There is no way I would take Voros out of the lineup. Players like him score dirty goals in the playoffs. Prucha has gotten opportunities and he's failed. He can't play effectively vs. big teams. He doesn't score any longer. He doesn't kill penalties. He can't score any longer on the PP. On this team he has no spot.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duponttime View Post
There is no way I would take Voros out of the lineup. Players like him score dirty goals in the playoffs. Prucha has gotten opportunities and he's failed. He can't play effectively vs. big teams. He doesn't score any longer. He doesn't kill penalties. He can't score any longer on the PP. On this team he has no spot.
The only way I'd give a go to Prucha, would be by dressing him instead of Korpikoski, at least for a couple of games. Even though he doesn't score much, he needs ice time badly, that would be an opportunity. We don't risk much on a couple of games.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
A fair chance? If he's a goal scorer like you claim, why has he not scored goals? Aaron Voros has almost twice as many goals as he does over the past two seasons.

As an attempt to answer my own question: I think some people are in love with the idea of Prucha.
People don't want to let go of his past. The guy got hurt, he lost something, his confidence got shattered, and best case scenario for him is he needs a change in scenery. Worst case he will never be the same.

When Voros isn't scoring he is doing other things. When Prucha isn't scoring, and that's become common, he's essentially worthless.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:

Trust me...I am not on the Prucha train either.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:07 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I'd rather have Prucha's speed and skill in there.

Voros seems to take at least one stupid penalty per game. He started off being productive, but he has 3 points in his last 18 games. But he has 45 penalty minutes in that span.

But, it isn't going to happen that way. Renney has really soured on Prucha. I don't get it personally, but what are you gonna do.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

I think people are in love with the idea of a former 30 goal scorer sitting in our press box.

I can't say he should be given every opportunity to showcase himself, but it's definitely not fair to say he's been given a legitimate chance this year. Renney's use of Prucha has been questionable at best.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
I would like to see (not jump on me too quickly) but:

Prucha - Gomez - Zherdev

or maybe Dubinsky if he picks up his play a bit more. Like it or not, prucha deserves a spot. Send Korp back down and put Voros on the fourth.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Still can't see why Prucha is this team's scapegoat.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Balej20*

I would take Prucha over a lot of guys on this team right now. Not just Voros.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Larry Melnyk

Voros ....But Voros needs to be on the 3rd/4th line and the entire line needs to bang...We need his size and type of game in the line up...

I don't get this infatuation with Prucha..All the guy does is spin his wheels really...the effort is there but nothing else.and ahsn't been for a long time...And I don't put that in for Voros...

However, i would give him another shot and sit out either Orr (his only skill is not needed every night) or the dreadful Sjostrom another guy who skates and does little---Christ, the guy is playing 10-15 mins every night and all all we get is goose eggs, except in the +/- category where he's like a MINUS 11 in the last 15...I know, +/- doesn't matter..but the end result does, and I wouldn;t mind seeing Prucha in for Renney's boy...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 05:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Still can't see why Prucha is this team's scapegoat.
I don't see anyone putting any blame on him.

Old
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:

Voros played great the first 8 games. He played like a superstar and I thought for Rangers did something great with getting this guy. He had 5 goals in 8 games, two of which game off the Powerplay. He was a +4 and doing great. He took barley any bad penalties and our Z-Dubi-V line looked pretty awesome.

Ok lets make that the past for the time being. We can Call it a hot streak or maybe just luck. He won us some games and kept us in others during that time.

Ignoring that 8 game period, lets look at the stats.

Goals:
Voros: 3 Goals (1 on PP)
Prucha:1 Goal

Assists:
Voros:2
Prucha:1

+/- Rating:
Voros|(-9)
Prucha|(-1)

They Both have equal ToI/Game. However, Voros gets 1:53/g on the PP and Prucha has gotten 0:23/g so Voros has had the chances to get those assists on the PP.

So Voros playing on a Great line through all his games has only 2 more goals then Prucha(1 of which was on the PP which Prucha is not so fortunate to get despite being known his rookie season for racking points up on the PP Don't we need a player like that ?)

Lets use those number for the year..

Voros playing 82 games with this 27 game period
(9-6-15) a -27 rating. 40 minors on the year.

Prucha Playing 82 games with his 11 games.
(3-3-6) a -1 rating. 0 minors on the year.

Obviously, Prucha hasn't yet had a chance to do much offensively and build chemistry. He takes no bad penalties and has drawn a few in the games I've seen him. Prucha also has a chance of regaining his old form which would fit the need of this team. Something that's a little higher on priority then the size Voros brings. (Although that is a need as well, however not a necessity)

Old
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
DutchShamrock

Voros, and I say Voros because he belongs on the 4th line and no where else. Prucha would be pointless on the 4th. If we're talking 2nd line, I say Prucha but come on, he's not getting anywhere near the 2nd line.

But good lord has Voros taken an absolute dump since his hot start. He does little more than nothing. If Prucha is immune from critizism around here, Voros is immune from being scratched by Renney and he has more than justified a benching. This guy doesn't have to score but he does have to battle and grind. It's nice to see that pretty much every goalie is starting to hate Aaron but I still think we need something beyond what a 5 year old can bring.

My theory on Prucha is that Renney just hates him. He sees no use for him but upper management sees something or would like to get some value for him. Renney is forced to have him on the roster, but not forced to play him. When Prucha plays, Renney is looking for the bad, justification for benching him. So are errant pass or a late backcheck and Renney's instincts are confirmed. I don't think Renney is looking for the good, because he would see someone that skates hard, hits anything, creates chances (which may or may not turn into goals if he was in a game groove) and I like his forechecking. He might see justification to keep him in the lineup if he was really looking for reasons to keep him in the lineup. This doesn't add up to someone who should play every game, but it should justify him playing more than 11 games. Especially with the efforts that Voros, Dawes and Fritsche have put forth.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:09 PM
bumrusherer

It doesnt really matter, IMO. Both work hard but never quite end up being productive at the end of it.

I guess I'll side with Voros because I hope he can re-create what he did at the start of the year.
I think it will be easier for him to do that, than it will be for Pru to get to where he was 2 years ago.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Voros played great the first 8 games. He played like a superstar and I thought for Rangers did something great with getting this guy. He had 5 goals in 8 games, two of which game off the Powerplay. He was a +4 and doing great. He took barley any bad penalties and our Z-Dubi-V line looked pretty awesome.

Ok lets make that the past for the time being. We can Call it a hot streak or maybe just luck. He won us some games and kept us in others during that time.

Ignoring that 8 game period, lets look at the stats.

Goals:
Voros: 3 Goals (1 on PP)
Prucha:1 Goal

Assists:
Voros:2
Prucha:1

+/- Rating:
Voros|(-9)
Prucha|(-1)

They Both have equal ToI/Game. However, Voros gets 1:53/g on the PP and Prucha has gotten 0:23/g so Voros has had the chances to get those assists on the PP.

So Voros playing on a Great line through all his games has only 2 more goals then Prucha(1 of which was on the PP which Prucha is not so fortunate to get despite being known his rookie season for racking points up on the PP Don't we need a player like that ?)

Lets use those number for the year..

Voros playing 82 games with this 27 game period
(9-6-15) a -27 rating. 40 minors on the year.

Prucha Playing 82 games with his 11 games.
(3-3-6) a -1 rating. 0 minors on the year.

Obviously, Prucha hasn't yet had a chance to do much offensively and build chemistry. He takes no bad penalties and has drawn a few in the games I've seen him. Prucha also has a chance of regaining his old form which would fit the need of this team. Something that's a little higher on priority then the size Voros brings. (Although that is a need as well, however not a necessity)
Production vs. Excuses.