HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Maxwell

Old
12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
When the big guns have no support, they get much more attention from the opposition. We have no superstar, so it's important that every single player gives something. At the beginning of the year, Tanguay gave us some wins. Kovy gave us some wins. Koivu too. Lang has lately as well. But when these 4 players are not having big games, there's nobody to step up. Nothing against the Kostitsyns, Higgins, Plekanec and cie., but they've been playing with good players so far this year and still have not stepped it up. Sergei is an NHL player and has to give the team something at some point. Right now, he is not giving the team anything. No matter how low his salary is, he has to take it to another level.

Even if he's not playing on the same line as Tanguay and Kovy, if he's not doing anything, the opponent will not lose any energy on him and will focus on Tanguay and Kovy.

Lapierre has given more to this team than Latendresse, Higgins, Plekanec, and both Kostitsyns so far this year. He has contributed to the success much more than these players, no matter how many points he has. This is not normal.
Big guns don't produce enough and blaming losses on Kost bros or Tender because the big guns don't score is just stupid.
As for Sergei is just a matter of time, it is not because he is not talented (see last year), or not working hard enough it's just a matter of confidence and for that the needs more minutes and good teammates. Trust me he will be back if he is used properly.

Read Kriss E post above he explained it better than me.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
To make room for Komisarek and Laraque who are both official for tonight, the Habs have sent back Ben Maxwell to the AHL.

Lines for tonight

A.Kost-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Lang-D'Agostini
Latendresse-Lappierre-Kostopoulos
Laraque-Bégin-S.Kost

The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.
I agree with your assesment of Kosto's offence skills or rather ...limited skills. He is a poor passer with little vision to see the open space to put the pass into.

And so...once again S. Kosti is put on a line with two guys who are grinders which all teams need and value but....who is going to get open to receive a beautiful pass from S. Kosti between Laraque and Begin?????? the thought .....nobody ....comes to my mind.

What a waste of his great passing talent. Why not put him on the 3rd line with some guys who have some talent on offence.

And put Kosto on the 4th line. The 4th line can be the shutdown line that Carbo likes to use so much.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.

What are you smoking? Playing with Lapierre and Latendresse isn't putting him in an offensive role. Even though Lapierre's offensive patience is exciting me this year

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

YES!

Thank you. I hate it when they keep changing the lines, as if its going to make a difference. They should try to stick to lines for a little while before changing everything up.

Then we wonder why the habs lack consistency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Danm it..

I don't care who plays on which line, just stick to the same line please!! It's like for the PP, stop changing everything every game! Stick to on lineup and try it for 5 games.

Same for line ups.. if they don't work out today, so what, give it time merde.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Um, without Koivu and Higgins in the lineup, we ARE NOT rolling 3 offensive lines, so Kostop isn't technically playing on an offensive line if he's playing 3rd line duties.

I am getting sick of hearing how S. Kost. deserves minutes and promotion, like he has prove ANYTHING in this league yet. Look at his career NHL stats....

79games 12goals 24assists 36points

.....hmmm, I'm surprise he hasn't won a boat load of Hart trophies yet!

Pavel Datsyuk's first 70 games:
2001-02 Detroit Red Wings NHL 70 11 24 35

***Not bringing that up to suggest Skost deserve a promotion to the top 6 or that he's earned/deserves anything more than what he's getting right now (in other words i completely agree with you)...
but when I saw those numbers, I thought I remembered Datsyuk having similar production to start his career, i was surprised to see how similar it was...

i hope that the organization keeps their patience with him, of course hoping that he maxes out to an all-star level is wishful thinking, but we never know...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Mue

And he is back....

http://habsinsideout.com/main/12810

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good stuff,liked what I saw and could become a decent NHLer.Keep working hard down there Ben

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
WUT?

awesome

we missed him

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Mue

Someone might want to change the title of the thread.

He was never actually sent back to Hamilton. He was a healthy scratch last night.

Last edited by Mue: 12-19-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:11 PM
zzoo

Anyone has an update of Chipchura injury status ? I prefer to see him in the line-up than Maxwell.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Someone might want to change the title of the thread.

He was never actually sent back to Hamilton. He was a healthy scratch last night.
correct and practiced with the team this morning

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/265651.html

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Anyone has an update of Chipchura injury status ? I prefer to see him in the line-up than Maxwell.
No but I should hear something if I catch the dogs pregame interview with Coach Lever.

I edited the title as well since Maxwell isn't going to Hamilton at least for now. If I hear he's going down, I'll re-edit the title.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:24 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

http://habsinsideout.com/main/12810

To clarify: Ben Maxwell was a healthy scratch last night. He was not demoted to Hamilton; head coach Guy Carbonneau said only that he might be sent to the Bulldogs. Which, finally, he wasn't.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
http://www.thespec.com/article/483262

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

AK46's bad luck is Maxwell's gain.... it's good for him to be around the team after a victory like the one last night. Glad he's not back in the top 6 though, he isn't ready for that challenge just yet.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:48 PM
CanadienErrant*

Maxwell was drafted just ahead of Lucic...

A,Kostitsyn was drafted just ahead of Carter... and Parise...and Richards... and Getzlaf...

Lucic + any of those four drafted in 2003, and we would have a real Stanley Cup contender

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 09:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Maxwell was drafted just ahead of Lucic...

A,Kostitsyn was drafted just ahead of Carter... and Parise...and Richards... and Getzlaf...

Lucic + any of those four drafted in 2003, and we would have a real Stanley Cup contender
And if we picked Brule over Price or Hugh Jessiman over Kostitsyn, etc..

What about finding gems like Halak, Streit, S.Kostitsyn in the 200's?

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

I had a hunch the Habs would pick Jessiman in the first round in 2003. Was I ever wrong! That was worse than taking Chouinard in 1998.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote