HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida McCabe Opinions (from a Leaf fan)

Old
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_7 View Post
This was officially the start to the whole Leaf fans hating mcCabe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssOohskwZ7U

And the last mistake that made Leaf fans had enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpfBV...eature=related

Oh yeah...cant forget about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMWLF...eature=related
That took longer than I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
LOL. Oh please, you have obviously bought into the HF fairy tales about McCabe. Go look on the Toronto board and you will notice that most Leafs fans still want him there, and are furious about the return they are supposedly getting. The fans and media also ran Larry Murphy out of town after 96', and he went on to win 2 more Cups with Detroit over the next two seasons, giving him 4 for the decade, the most Cups by any player in the 90's. Toronto's fans and media are relentless and turn even the smallest mistake into the apocalypse. For how bad defensively McCabe supposedly is, he's an even +/- player over the last 3 seasons, where Toronto has missed the playoffs, playing over 26 minutes a night on average. And before last season, where he only played 54 games, he had 3 straight 50+ point seasons. He is not that overpaid by today's standards, in a season or two his contract will be exactly in line with the market, in fact he could be underpaid by then.

I like Ryno, but he never has been nor will je ever be the defenseman that McCabe is. Plus, there is still a great risk of Ryno re-aggravating his wrists. Just because he supposedly looks healthy now, doesn't mean he's in the clear. McCabe is a significant upgrade over Ryno and you'd have to be a fool NOT to make this trade from Florida's perspective.
I see there's a Panther's fan version of Squiffy.

The hell I've been through on the Leaf board defending him, and not just recently. Kinda funny seeing how many people are pimping him out now that he's about to be moved, I coulda used the help over the last two years.

Here MisterBouw, if this trade goes through, you will be inundated on this board with clever posts referring to his own goal last year against Buffalo. I give you exclusive permission to use these arguments.

Quote:
Look, which d-man was in the penalty box after taking a brutal OT penalty setting up the 4 on 3 for Buffalo, and which d-man was in the perfect position to clear a loose puck in the crease while killing a penalty? And who's fault is that loss exactly?
Quote:
The glove thing is a little off, but you can blame Raycroft for the typically brutal rebound he let out on that. Went to far to his right and kicked it out to his left to a gapping empty net.. that puck was going in anyways, Roy was coming to pot it, if McCabe didn't get to it first.. unfortunately it did anyhow.

Who was it in the box in that OT anyhow.. ahh, that'd be Kubina, the heir-apparent to the brutal penalty with Woz gone.
He was, as he should be, trying to clear the puck to the corner, and unfortunately misfired on it.. **** happens. He was the guy there in the proper defensive position.

P.S. HG also has permission to use it... hi HG

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:01 PM
jb**

mccabe

first question is does his no trade clause carry over?

what would florida expect in return if he were to be moved? i think he gets a bad rap but that is just me. how has he played this year?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Acadmus

Moved the above post here instead of the fantasy trades thread, so please keep any discussion of McCabe's 'value' vague (no specific players).

12-19-2008, 07:09 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Moved the above post here instead of the fantasy trades thread, so please keep any discussion of McCabe's 'value' vague (no specific players).
you got it chief. so any opinion from you?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

No move/trade clause is part of his contract. McCabe has to agree to any trade before he can be moved.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Really doubt he gets moved, there's no reason to ask him to waive his clause.