HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Sticks

Old
11-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Danglin98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
So I'm thinking about buying a new stick and was wondering about the Warriors. I use Easton Synergy's now I have an ST and an SL but have been having bad luck, seems like about 2 weeks in I can notice a fair amount of wear on the blad

i hav the easton stealth now but i used to have the dolomite. its a really good stick it felt good in my hands, was comfortable when i shot, very smooth, but it seems as though the blades crack quickly. me and my brother both had warriors the broke in the blade after less than a year, same with a friend of mine. if your not playin 3-4 times a week every week you'll have for a while, but its an all around good stick

Danglin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Forsberg214

i wouldn't really know about the warrior, i played on a friend's team where he went through dolomites every month it seemed but i use the s17, it's a really good stick if you're lookin to improve your shot release and power wise..also does anyone know how to get the black on the shaft like some pro's do?

Forsberg214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:04 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Thing is, your $20 stick will last a few weeks while our $100 stick lasts a while.

I play inline and my sticks last over two years; idk about ice and how you guys hack eachother but in inline our sticks last a lifetime and i am one hell of a shooting gallery player who puts a lot of force into their shots. My Synergy has lasted over two years and still works perfect in 100+ games.

I dont see what people are saying about easton being fragile. The only time i broke a easton stick was smacking it on the groung in frustration and easton still replaced it. Ill stick with them over any company by far. (i didnt have a reciept either).
Because for the most part they are fragile. They have some serious durability issues and always have.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:02 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Because for the most part they are fragile. They have some serious durability issues and always have.
And what he's saying is that he's never had any issues with durability.

My experience is that the synergy shafts are tough as nails, but the blades can be a crapshoot, but I love the feel. Thus, I use a Synergy 2 piece.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:19 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
And what he's saying is that he's never had any issues with durability.

My experience is that the synergy shafts are tough as nails, but the blades can be a crapshoot, but I love the feel. Thus, I use a Synergy 2 piece.
I understand that he hasnt had issues but a large percentage have. Ive seen way too many Eastons break to even consider buying one. Had a teammate break 2 brand new ones in the same game, had another teammate break one that was a week old. Both have sworn off Easton. When $150 plus stick break time after time after time somethings wrong.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:46 AM
lotus

I back the Dolomite 100%. Contrary to what most people say, I think the feel is much superior in comparison to my Synergy ST.

The grip on the shaft is nice too, not too tacky. If you choose to go that way.

Wide range of flexes too. Feels great to shoot with.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 06:43 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
I'm currently using a dolomite shaft, but was taking a look at the blue-mac daddy to switch to an OPS. Aside from the nipple grip, how does this stick compare to the original? Do they break easily? I use to have the original but the stick was too light and the blade cracked right in the middle.

Thanks in advance.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
RaoulDuke2k

I like the feel of a 2-piece stick to the 1 piece - a bit less reactive when catching passes.

RaoulDuke2k is offline   Reply With Quote