HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Boston catchable?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2008, 03:16 PM
ShaneJazz

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ShaneJazz
Not likely. Great team chemistry and depth. But it's a long season. Perhaps even the Sharks could get caught out west.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Lone Rogue

Very possible, but I don't see it happening. I'd prefer the 4th/5th seed anyway.

There are things about them that are not just streaks. This is Kessel's year, same to Savards. There are other things, like Thomas, as much as I love the guy, that are gonna sting them in the long run. Fernandez is the best back-up money can buy, but he isn't going to do it all either. When the playoffs come around, all that pressure is gonna crash on them, like it always does, because everyone knows that when it comes to Boston, only bears cry at the end of the season.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Was Ottawa catchable last year after their hot start?

Old
12-20-2008, 03:24 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

All we have to do is keep winning, don't worry about the division. Last year the team was just focusing on winning and it payed off at the end. The year before they focused too much on Buffalo in December and it came crashing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Was Ottawa catchable last year after their hot start?
Ottawa was playing bad even when they were winning. Boston is playing amazing.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-20-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old
12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Ottawa was playing bad even when they were winning. Boston is playing amazing.
Ottawa started the season something like 15-2 and they were playing amazing hockey.

I do not believe that Thomas can keep up his luck in the long run. Although they do form a good team, they're also not as good as what we've seen. With Bergeron out now with what I'm guessing is another concussion, everything is possible.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Ottawa started the season something like 15-2 and they were playing amazing hockey.

I do not believe that Thomas can keep up his luck in the long run. Although they do form a good team, they're also not as good as what we've seen. With Bergeron out now with what I'm guessing is another concussion, everything is possible.
Wrong. Ask any Sens fan, they will tell you they were lucky to win half of those.

Heck I remember 2 Habs game in Ottawa where we dominated in October-November but they won with late 3rd period goals.

Won 4-2 today, now 11pts up.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-20-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, they're catchable.

But no, I doubt we will pass them.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
ranold26
The real Gahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveFor25IsAlive View Post
Yes, it's simple, they're overachieving right now.
You're in for a rude awakening. This isn't overachieving, my friend.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:33 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Unfortunately I have to agree.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Wrong. Ask any Sens fan, they will tell you they were lucky to win half of those.

Heck I remember 2 Habs game in Ottawa where we dominated in October-November but they won with late 3rd period goals.
Sometimes luck is on your side. I didn't follow them, never did, but the habs were lucky to win a lot of games this year, and some teams are unlucky other times. 15-2, luck or not, is pretty impressive, whether they dominated each game or not, I still give them props for a great start.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I do believe that they are. I had predicted that they'd finish second in the division, close to Montreal. But they're definitely overachieving right now and they'll come back down to earth.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I think they are overachieving a bit. In the sense that they are on pace to finish with 127 points. Other than that, Boston is proving they can consistently put a good effort and win. So there's no reason to assume(besides my first phrase) that they won't remain a top team in the east.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:

Keep on calling it luck and and guessing all you like, This team is not going to fade. Will they stay as hot as now? Not so sure but do not forget the B's have played the least amount of home games to date, And after this five game road trip the B's will have the Most home games in the second half. The Sharks have had the most to date.

Considering how they just HAMMER the visiting team, that has to be in their favor in the second half on trying to stay on top.

And from a B's fan's perspective this is the first time in years i have Zero fear of the Habs. They are just not that good (my opinion). What you see is what you WILL be seeing all year long. Win a few lose a few.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
5 man unit

The Bruins are a good young team playing very well right now. But to say anyone is uncatchable in December is foolish and shortsighted. The season is a marathon. Many teams in 1st place in December have not finished there. Would I bet on the Habs cathing them? probably not. But that's not the question. You're asking if they are catchable, and I don't even think it's debatable. OF COURSE THEY ARE!!!!

Old
12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Keep on calling it luck and and guessing all you like, This team is not going to fade. Will they stay as hot as now? Not so sure but do not forget the B's have played the least amount of home games to date, And after this five game road trip the B's will have the Most home games in the second half. The Sharks have had the most to date.

Considering how they just HAMMER the visiting team, that has to be in their favor in the second half on trying to stay on top.

And from a B's fan's perspective this is the first time in years i have Zero fear of the Habs. They are just not that good (my opinion). What you see is what you WILL be seeing all year long. Win a few lose a few.
You may have misread the post that you quoted. I did not say that the Bruins were lucky, I said that Thomas was. The Bruins form a very solid team and I had predicted them to be one of the most improved in our conference. Thomas is playing over his head and he is lucky and THAT will change as what goes around comes around. Now with Bergeron out with what I suspect to be another concussion, they're very much catchable.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Shred

They are catchable if we can start beating Tampa, Atlanta and Islanders like the rest of the league.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
They are catchable if we can start beating Tampa, Atlanta and Islanders like the rest of the league.
BINGO! If we found a way to remain focussed against bottom dwellers, we'd be with or ahead of them.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:

Do you mean Zero habsfear (that special fear that had nothing to do with hockey) or zero fear of the Habs, like you're not taking them seriously? Because if you're not taking them seriously you will be surprise during those three games left in the season, and also by the seond half of the season.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:12 PM
AH

First half winning streaks are for dogs.

The Ruins are no different. Even then, April is too far away and that's when they usually start choking.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:15 PM
AH

Quote:

Why dont you try and best the team in the more than once every 40 years or so (not to mention complete ownage since the lockout) before you state no fear of said team. This the best hockey your team has played in 30 years, and all you can muster is a 9 point lead with 50 games to go?

Last edited by AH: 12-20-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
capebretoncanadien

Are you friggin serious? Of course they can. Nine points is nothing. Five losses in a row for the Bruins.....five wins in a row for the Habs. DONE. Not saying that will happen but it isn't that much of a stretch.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

*Stares at TV*

...very catchable. Important man down on the other side.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:32 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
BINGO! If we found a way to remain focussed against bottom dwellers, we'd be with or ahead of them.
T.T. is lucky? please explain. And I'm pretty sure M.F. is also lucky? Please, What ever keeps your hopes up. The Hab's are closer to being out of the playoffs than catching the top spot in the east.

You should be worrying who behind you at this point. The B's are not your only problem.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:35 PM
5 man unit

Quote:
T.T. is lucky? please explain. And I'm pretty sure M.F. is also lucky? Please, What ever keeps your hopes up. The Hab's are closer to being out of the playoffs than catching the top spot in the east.

You should be worrying who behind you at this point. The B's are not your only problem.
The question was are tyhe Bruins catchable, wasn't it? The obvious answer is yes. In December any team is catchable.

By the way, I'm not sayint the Bruins are lucky or anything. They're damn good. But it is December, and a lot can change.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

its too early to be asking this question. Alot of things happen during the course of a season. Its rarely a smooth and non-bumpy road for an entire 82 game season.

I dont really look at how many points the bruins are ahead at this point. I really dont care about the regular season because this team has different expectations this year. I'm more concerned with certain habs finding their niche within the team. I'm also more concerned with the habs peaking at the right time, and coming together as a team at the right time.

At the end of the day, when april rolls around, we wont be remembering december 20th.

Closed Thread