HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Snow Day- Finals Cancelled

Old
12-19-2008, 04:48 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

vCash: 500
It's been getting cold at night here for our standards.

The other day I was leaving for work and my entire windshield was covered in a huge layer of ice. I didn't have anything to scrape it off with, as that never happens here and had to end up using the case for my stereo faceplate in my car to scrape the windshield.

Reminded me of being in Canada (Victoria, BC) when it snowed for a week and I had to scrape my windshield every morning. Sucked for me because I don't have snow tires and I had never driven in the snow before that time. It was an adventure to say the least.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 08:52 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

I'm in Boston and my flight home got canceled! You have no idea what I had to go through to get to the airport too...

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
It's been getting cold at night here for our standards.

The other day I was leaving for work and my entire windshield was covered in a huge layer of ice. I didn't have anything to scrape it off with, as that never happens here and had to end up using the case for my stereo faceplate in my car to scrape the windshield.

Reminded me of being in Canada (Victoria, BC) when it snowed for a week and I had to scrape my windshield every morning. Sucked for me because I don't have snow tires and I had never driven in the snow before that time. It was an adventure to say the least.
If a layer of ice builds up on the car windshields, my dad usually fills up an empty milk one-gallon jug with hot water and then dumps the water over the windshields.

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 01:47 AM
matt trick

Sorry for not getting an update you

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
you go to Gonzaga?!

Yep, I am assuming as a USF student you're not a fan. #8 in the nation. We got a good game coming up against UConn. I recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
That was one of the schools that I looked into going to.

How is it up there?
Right now it is beautiful with all the snow. It is pretty cold all winter- I don't think we have been above 10 in a week or so.

As far as the education goes, it is very good. Small classrooms (which some see as a disadvantage), but I really like that and there are very good professors. Also, with it being a Jesuit school they are big on being well rounded- so you have to take a lot of GE. That definitely has its pros and cons. I would have never taken religion, but it turned out to be pretty interesting. In contrast, philosophy makes me want to jump off my balcony.

Athletics are fantastic. The students, faculty, John Stockton, and the community are really into the games, which makes it pretty cool. We have plenty of club sports, and some teams other than our basketball team are good as well. With that said, the greatest flaw at Gonzaga is a lack of D-1 football team. For me personally, a D-1 hockey team would sweet, but the Spokane Chiefs are awesome.

The surrounding city leaves something to be desired. South of Gonzaga is pretty nice, I really like the downtown area, but up North is ugly/ ghetto/ ect. Of course a lot of schools have this flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
Snow Day? I've never understood how a little snowfall can cancel a school day.
To be fair, we did get three feet in about 40 hours.

The problem isn't getting to class, all the students are near enough to walk. The problem is the icy roads. The professors couldn't get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskatoon View Post
Yea I'm pretty used to it now, when it hit -20Cish for a bit that one day it felt pretty nice haha. The worst was the stretch in January last year that saw temperatures consistently in -50C's
Just for the record, we hit -28.3 C with wind chill the other day, so while it can't compare with Saskatoon, it is cold, especially for a californian.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 01:15 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
So, I took a very unique final in my Music Appreciation class. The fina was a 75 ? multiple choice test. The first 10 were listening questions that the teacher would play a song and we had to choose who the song was by. So we did that part and then the professor goes to hand out the test with 65 ?'s on it. He couldn't find it. After searching his office and car and everywhere, he deemed it completely lost. So instead of 65 multiple choice ?'s, we had 15 ?'s that he made up on the spot (no multiple choice). They were are easy and made the final much easier. I think it is funny because a bunch of students took the final early to get it done with and took the real one.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
bbrown42

^^ Lucky...I was hoping that would happen on my engineering geology exam. Let's not talk about it. In fact, the way we went out yesterday-I hardly remember the Detroit game

bbrown42 is offline   Reply With Quote