HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Boston catchable?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
T.T. is lucky? please explain. And I'm pretty sure M.F. is also lucky? Please, What ever keeps your hopes up. The Hab's are closer to being out of the playoffs than catching the top spot in the east.

You should be worrying who behind you at this point. The B's are not your only problem.
The Bruins are not a problem at all. I dont think that there is a team in the east that can realy feel comfortable. Montreal, Boston, New-York Washington and Phladelphia are all possible 1st seed. Remain lucid please.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:42 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Why dont you try and best the team in the more than once every 40 years or so (not to mention complete ownage since the lockout) before you state no fear of said team. This the best hockey your team has played in 30 years, and all you can muster is a 9 point lead with 50 games to go?
As i said "first time" not being concerned. This will be similar to all the Yankee fans bringing up the past. Blah Blah Blah. Stop living in yesteryear.

One could argue how the Hab's have been lucky getting every conceivable brake going their way over the years.( I really don't have three days to list them all).

I know, when the Hab's win it's pure greatness all skill and that uniform. No luck at all!

It should be fun and interesting to see how the season ends. Right know I like the B's chances.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
As i said "first time" not being concerned. This will be similar to all the Yankee fans bringing up the past. Blah Blah Blah. Stop living in yesteryear.

One could argue how the Hab's have been lucky getting every conceivable brake going their way over the years.( I really don't have three days to list them all).

I know, when the Hab's win it's pure greatness all skill and that uniform. No luck at all!
We dont know about your urban legends here, you have to be more excplicit when you use your made out platitudes.

Quote:

It should be fun and interesting to see how the season ends. Right know I like the B's chances.
Oui, it shall be fun to watch!

Old
12-20-2008, 03:47 PM
sheed36

Don't really care if they can be caught or not...If the Habs can get the 4th or 5th seed in the East I will be happy.Let the Bruins finish first in the East...It will be even sweeter when they fall in the playoffs after being favorites just to disappoint the Bruins fanbase yet again... I will be very surprised if they can keep up this pace throughout the entire season but they are playing some great hockey right now.Their kids have really stepped up this year....

Old
12-20-2008, 03:48 PM
AH

Quote:

Why dont you beat us once and then perhaps start thumping your chests. I am sure you were pumping your fists the minute Aaaron Boone launched the winning home run in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS in preparation for 2004.....

Come on, give me a break, beat us once this lifetime, just ONCE in the playoffs.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:48 PM
emb24*

Quote:

unfortunately your post went flaky with that last line - but of course not unusual from the mouth of a ruins fan. the B's have been great. their young guys have emerged and the goalies have been hot. guess we'll see where u end up. i want habs to finish in top 4 to get home ice in the first round. am i worried about the B's no, not really.

habs have had a lot of injuries this year, and now it seems B's are starting to get them too. guess we'll see what happens in the next while.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
They are 9 points ahead right now and have played the same amount of game as us. I know last year Ottawa was ahead by a similar margin but they had trouble winning and had a lousy locker room atmosphere. Boston on the other hand have great team chemistry and keep winning by comfortable margins. It's going to be tough to catch them for the division...I hope we can get home ice but it's going to be tough to get a top 3 seed.
nope... They're just way better than us, by a pretty fair margin. Their young players are a huge notch better than ours, and ... well they're just a plain better team, period.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:52 PM
inferno94*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
What's Kessel's point streak at? 18? What a year this kid's having.
17 games now

Old
12-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Lone Rogue

I don't know whats worse, 4ORRBLACKHAWKS coming here and trying to tell anyone something we want to hear, or dumb Hab fans actually arguing like we're in a bar.

The Bruins have a fantastic thing going on right now, and that's great. Fans of the team need this since their tears are still dried to their faces from last playoffs.

I just wonder when they are going to realize that they are cursed and that is all there is to it.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I dont think the Bruins are overachiving on the ice. They are playing really well.

I however believe they are overachiving on the scoreboard (if it makes any sense).

As good as they have been playing, they arent closing this season with 130 pts...
They will loose a few, will have, like every team a little slump. That doesnt need to be much... A few breaks here and there and you're 2-6-2 in the last 10 in this league.

A 10 pts gap after 30 games is nothing.
____

With that been said, i dont really care for 1st place. People are prasing the Flyers for their play and putting down the habs as if we were going to be 13th by the end of the year... yet we are even in pts. I just want a top 6 finish, ideally a top4 (but with the 3 divisions slots, that's hard).

Old
12-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I don't know whats worse, 4ORRBLACKHAWKS coming here and trying to tell anyone something we want to hear, or dumb Hab fans actually arguing like we're in a bar.

The Bruins have a fantastic thing going on right now, and that's great. Fans of the team need this since their tears are still dried to their faces from last playoffs.

I just wonder when they are going to realize that they are cursed and that is all there is to it.
Around our 30th Stanley Cup.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Roulin

Quote:
T.T. is lucky? please explain. And I'm pretty sure M.F. is also lucky? Please, What ever keeps your hopes up.
Don't call it luck, then. Call it an unsustainable streak of hot goaltending, from two veteran goalies who will gravitate towards their career averages as the season goes on.

Regardless, the Bruins are still very good. Apply a mere mortal save% of .915, and they'd still have a goal differential of 118 to 89. Marc Savard is an incredible player. The Bruins should be a top team for the rest of his contract.

Old
12-20-2008, 03:59 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
nope... They're just way better than us, by a pretty fair margin. Their young players are a huge notch better than ours, and ... well they're just a plain better team, period.
Wow...nothing like a clear concise generalization based on nothing at all to make a point.

They are playing well now and that is an easy admission to make but to say that things can't turn around for them with a few injuries is ridiculous. Do you seriously believe they will finish the year this way? I don't. There a re almost eight months left in the season and 50 games so it could all turn around for anybody in the East or West.

If Detroit couldn't hold off a losing streak last season do you really believe the ruins can?

Old
12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
JrHockeyFan

catchable? Of course

The Bruins are better than last years edition. That is true. But meanwhile we have been playing very inconsistently and are still in the thick of things.

I have my doubts about Thomas and Fernandez. They are bucking history with their current numbers. I also have doubt about Mr Julien. He strikes me as a good coach when everything is going well.

having a lead is an advantage, but things can change quickly

Old
12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

This doesn't look like the Habs' year. IMO the Bruins have a better coach and their team is executing his game plans very well. The Habs, on the other hand, have often looked ragged and their injuries have hurt. In addition, a glance at the statistics would show that the Bruins have the more dangerous individual scorers.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007-08 Bruins Fan View Post
This doesn't look like the Bruins' year. IMO the Habs have a better coach and their team is executing his game plans very well. The Bruins, on the other hand, have often looked ragged and their injuries have hurt. In addition, a glance at the statistics would show that the Habs have the more dangerous individual scorers.
Just saying, sounds like something a Bruins fan would say last year

Old
12-20-2008, 04:10 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:

Amazing how teams with no past to speak of are so dismissive when it comes to teams that have a rich history. But Bostonians never go on and on about the Celtics history I guess? Ditto with the Pats?

By the way when discussing luck versus greatness, have a look see at the Hall Of Fame members that come from the great Habs teams. Lots of lucky guys in the hall I imagine? It would likely take you 3 days to list them

Old
12-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Amazing how teams with no past to speak of are so dismissive when it comes to teams that have a rich history. But Bostonians never go on and on about the Celtics history I guess?
Pats fan: "We won the Superbowl recently."
Celtics fan: "We won the Championship recently."
Red Sox fan: "We won the World series recently."
Bruins fan: "I LIVE IN THE PRESENT, WE'RE CURRENTLY LEADING THE EAST WITH LESS THAN 50 GAMES LEFT TO GO, WHOOOO!"

Old
12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
One Trick Pony

All we need to do is win and stop worrying about what Boston does and eventually it will pay off.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

Your talking like you beat us in a meaningful game or in a playoff series, in which you did neither.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:18 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Pats fan: "We won the Superbowl recently."
Celtics fan: "We won the Championship recently."
Red Sox fan: "We won the World series recently."
Bruins fan: "I LIVE IN THE PRESENT, WE'RE CURRENTLY LEADING THE EAST WITH LESS THAN 50 GAMES LEFT TO GO, WHOOOO!"
Bruins fans must really hate the other Boston teams living in the past

Old
12-20-2008, 04:19 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Of course, we are struggeling and injuried and only 9 points back..
You make it seem as though Boston has been healthy.two of their top 4 Dmen out long time and now 2 thirds their second line,One of which has played 1 min in a month.Its alright to be a homer but at least be fair.Anyways,enjoy the game tonite vs Sabres,,by the way,I know that their are many very nice posters over here.And many who really feel for patrice.Thanks to all of u.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:22 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
This doesn't look like the Habs' year. IMO the Bruins have a better coach and their team is executing his game plans very well. The Habs, on the other hand, have often looked ragged and their injuries have hurt. In addition, a glance at the statistics would show that the Bruins have the more dangerous individual scorers.
I agree sort of, but it's still too early to say. This season we've had a really favorable schedule so far. So many times this season we play a tired a team in our first game in a double header. Like tonight we play Buffalo who already played last night. Then we play Carolina tomorrow but Carolina also plays tonight. But, we've had many injuries this season as well. So it's a tough call really. As for playoffs, I'm not sure how well we will do. I didn't think Detroit had enough toughness to win it last season. We play a similar style to them except we don't have their prolific scorers

Old
12-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Was Ottawa catchable last year after their hot start?
The Bruins have continued their hot streak far deeper into the season than the Senators did in 2007.

Old
12-20-2008, 04:28 PM
mucker*

Yes...the Bruins are catchable.
I am not a Montreal fan...but please...please...catch them and put the Bruins in their place.

You have no idea how obnoxious and arrogant their fickle fans are.
Last year they were about as popular as soccer...this year the papers are claiming Boston is the best US hockey town.
I think they need another invasion by you Habs fans to put them in their place.

For a town so fickle that abandoned them for two decades they act like they can come back in two months and just like be the best US fanbase.

As a Ranger fan I know you guys NEVER are able to invade MSG or dominate us like you did to them...and frankly...they need to be reminded.
Go Habs Go!

Closed Thread