HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sundin to Vancouver (All Talk Here)

Old
12-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Slapshot_11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdnsx View Post
Yep, his meaning of "perfect fit" is the most money obviously. Win a Cup in Vancouver with the team they have? Good luck with that.
The Canucks are a better team. Sundin went to the team that fits him the best. Simple as that.

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
The Canucks are a better team. Sundin went to the team that fits him the best. Simple as that.
Not really. The Sharks and Red Wings>>>Cancuks

I can't wait till we go further then the cancuks in the playoffs and shove it down $undin's throat

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Guys, the thing we are all forgetting is that the only reason Sundin wanted to return to the NHL is because he wanted to play with Kyle Wellwood again . Our Rangers really never had a chance.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 02:20 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Reread my Saga on Page 5
That sums it up
I will call Mats on it next time I go fishing with him (which I am hoping to do this summer here in Iceland with my bro)
His BS is quite interesting here
But it is what it is
I wanted him in New York
No denying that
But it is definitely time to move on

Shanny anyone?
Keith Tkachuk?

Cant wait til the Kovalchuk, Jay Bo and Gaborik rumours strike us with Gale force

And btw - I wish everyone a very Merry Xmas and a Ranger victory tonite!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
"Rangers were never an option"

*Bla bla bla bla, a bunch of history talk that is irrelevant. Now to the interesting part...*

[...] The latest weeks he has totally dominated the news flow on Canadian web pages and newspapers. It has been wildely speculated which franchise he would choose. But Mats himself knew the answer the whole time.

- Yes, Vancouver was #1 on my list already from the start. It's only fourteen days since I really made up my mind to continue and no other team was never present.

Most placed you in the Rangers, but that was never even close?

- No, I don't know where that came from. Probably because I was there last weekend with PokerStars and watched a game in MSG. Simultaneously I had the opportunity to meet their GM Glen Sather. But it was never anything more than that. And it was more clubs than Rangers that showed interest, but it was never a possibility with any of those either.

Why Vancouver?

- It felt best the whole time. They have a good team and already since july they've shown me they've really believed in me. That I could contribute to the team in some way. That was a big confidence. At the same time, I must say it has been a very special situation. I haven't exactly got used to be able to sit and choose which team to play for. But Vancouver is a fantastic hockey town and I've spent my entire NHL career in Canada. It felt right to remain there.

- But what I like about Vancouver is that they had an open spot for me. Nobody had to move or be traded for me to arrive. Additionally, I believe they have a good chance to win the Stanley Cup.

But if it was the Stanley Cup you were after, why not choose a lower salary in San Jose, Detroit or Boston? The teams that feel the strongest right now?

- Yes, but it's never so simple. You can't pick a team and then expect them to win the Stanley Cup. It's a long journey there and history has shown alot can happen. But I believe Vancouver has a team that can fight for the Stanley Cup title.

How big role did money play?

- I'm a professional hockey player, so of course money mattered. But it was absolutely not the most important. Vancouver's effort feels damn professional, at the same time as I feel I can contribute something to the team. At least I think so.

It will be a huge pressure, especially since you will be one of the highest paid players in the NHL?

- Yes, but the biggest pressure comes from myself. Right now I have a huge respect for everyone I will play with and against and are in absolute top shape. I haven't been practicing or played on elite level for the entire season. Now I must get up in match tempo and practice properly. It is about to find the shape as soon as possible.

When will you play your first game?

- I don't know, but I head over to Vancouver dec 27th.

[...] Some journalists are mad about that you didn't leave Toronto already this spring, when the team wanted to trade you to a Stanley Cup challenger and get something in return for the future. But then you said no and pointed at your NTC that said you couldn't be traded against your will. Now you're heading to Vancouver for the same reasons Toronto already had last winter. What is your response to that?

- That I still feel what I did then felt right. It became an unhappy situation and I understand the business side of it all. I also understand the franchise tried to do what they felt was best for the future. But I felt it wasn't right to leave the team at that time. We still had a chance to reach the playoffs. And I never regret that decision.

----

Geeh Mats, couldn't you have said a little bit earlier it was all about Vancouver or nothing? Thanks for the false hopes. Mats you turd.
Um it came out of your agents mouth you idiot! How many times did his agent say the Rangers were one of the teams? How many times did we read from the agent he had to pick between NY or Vancouver? Please Mats stop your bs.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 02:39 PM
ThisYearsModel

mats is not to blame. He is no different than any player..........go to the money. Slats is to blame for his moronic contracts to crappy defensemen.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
mats is not to blame. He is no different than any player..........go to the money. Slats is to blame for his moronic contracts to crappy defensemen.
The guy is a flat out liar, I am so glad the Rangers didn't get him now. Lied about what he said in the offseason and lied in that interview he just did.

LIAR!

Old
12-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
"Rangers were never an option"

*Bla bla bla bla, a bunch of history talk that is irrelevant. Now to the interesting part...*

[...] The latest weeks he has totally dominated the news flow on Canadian web pages and newspapers. It has been wildely speculated which franchise he would choose. But Mats himself knew the answer the whole time.

- Yes, Vancouver was #1 on my list already from the start. It's only fourteen days since I really made up my mind to continue and no other team was never present.

Most placed you in the Rangers, but that was never even close?

- No, I don't know where that came from. Probably because I was there last weekend with PokerStars and watched a game in MSG. Simultaneously I had the opportunity to meet their GM Glen Sather. But it was never anything more than that. And it was more clubs than Rangers that showed interest, but it was never a possibility with any of those either.

Why Vancouver?

- It felt best the whole time. They have a good team and already since july they've shown me they've really believed in me. That I could contribute to the team in some way. That was a big confidence. At the same time, I must say it has been a very special situation. I haven't exactly got used to be able to sit and choose which team to play for. But Vancouver is a fantastic hockey town and I've spent my entire NHL career in Canada. It felt right to remain there.

- But what I like about Vancouver is that they had an open spot for me. Nobody had to move or be traded for me to arrive. Additionally, I believe they have a good chance to win the Stanley Cup.

But if it was the Stanley Cup you were after, why not choose a lower salary in San Jose, Detroit or Boston? The teams that feel the strongest right now?

- Yes, but it's never so simple. You can't pick a team and then expect them to win the Stanley Cup. It's a long journey there and history has shown alot can happen. But I believe Vancouver has a team that can fight for the Stanley Cup title.

How big role did money play?

- I'm a professional hockey player, so of course money mattered. But it was absolutely not the most important. Vancouver's effort feels damn professional, at the same time as I feel I can contribute something to the team. At least I think so.

It will be a huge pressure, especially since you will be one of the highest paid players in the NHL?

- Yes, but the biggest pressure comes from myself. Right now I have a huge respect for everyone I will play with and against and are in absolute top shape. I haven't been practicing or played on elite level for the entire season. Now I must get up in match tempo and practice properly. It is about to find the shape as soon as possible.

When will you play your first game?

- I don't know, but I head over to Vancouver dec 27th.

[...] Some journalists are mad about that you didn't leave Toronto already this spring, when the team wanted to trade you to a Stanley Cup challenger and get something in return for the future. But then you said no and pointed at your NTC that said you couldn't be traded against your will. Now you're heading to Vancouver for the same reasons Toronto already had last winter. What is your response to that?

- That I still feel what I did then felt right. It became an unhappy situation and I understand the business side of it all. I also understand the franchise tried to do what they felt was best for the future. But I felt it wasn't right to leave the team at that time. We still had a chance to reach the playoffs. And I never regret that decision.

----

Geeh Mats, couldn't you have said a little bit earlier it was all about Vancouver or nothing? Thanks for the false hopes. Mats you turd.
I Hope he gets hurt in the first game, due to lack of conditioning. What a doosh.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Well Mats every shred of credibility you had has now gone

1 -His comments on why he wouldnt accept a trade from the Leafs, that he later showed were lies by joining a team 30+ games in.

2 -Saying Vancouver felt best all the time, but never signed the deal that was on the table from the off season, why the wait if he knew all along?

3 -Money wasnt the most important thing? ok keep telling yourself that, good luck getting passed San Jose and Detroit.

4 -Well done on wrecking your legacy in Toronto, you could have helped that team even more by accepting a trade away at the deadline, the picks and prospects obviously could have lead to a bright future for the Leafs, instead he choose to leave for nothing and now is hated by a section of fans who once worshipped the ice you skated on.

5 -He will retire without winning a cup and i for one really hope that he does, i didnt want him here to start with but now i just hope he is terrible for the Canucks.

He better re-sign in Vancouver or retire next year because i really dont want to have to here his name all through the off season again.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Radek27

It's pretty obvious he used our team to keep Vancouver interested till he was ready. I'm not mad at him that he took the money
I don't care that he picked Vancouver
But don't use my franchise to fit your agenda you bald **********!

Old
12-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Rangerfan4life90

**** Sundin!

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
beastly115

Wow, what a piece of ****. Glad that ******* isn't on our team.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 05:17 PM
beastly115

By the way, there's a nice "Screw you Mats" thread in the Maple Leafs forum. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=585025

Nice place to vent.

Old
12-20-2008, 05:23 PM
DrewN

...so he pretty much knew Vancouver was the only team he'd sign with all along. So why did he wait so long to decide? Was he trying to squeeze more money out of Vancouver by feigning interest in other teams?

DrewN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 05:27 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervedriver82 View Post
...so he pretty much knew Vancouver was the only team he'd sign with all along. So why did he wait so long to decide? Was he trying to squeeze more money out of Vancouver by feigning interest in other teams?
He wanted to see how well they performed before he signed. He didn't want to sign with a team that wasn't going to make the playoffs. So he watched and waited. If it looks like the Nucks will miss the PO's, he signs somewhere else. If they're playing well, he signs. Simple as that. He said he didn't want to be a hired gun; wanted to be with a team from the start. Sure you do, Mats.

Old
12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
HAPPY HOUR

So basically by reading between the lines its clear. Mats did to the Rangers what Sean Avery said about Elisha Cuthbert.

We know Mats it's business. Nothing personal.

Hope you tweak your groin on your first shift big boy. Nothing personal.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Sticky Fingers

"Naslund to convince Forsberg to join Rangers", heīs saying that the team been talking about the possibility to get Forsberg...
Forsberg also said the other day in swedish television that "itīs a dream to every hockeyplayer to play for the NY Rangers..."

http://www.hockeyexpressen.se/nhl/1....-valja-rangers

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohf View Post
"Naslund to convince Forsberg to join Rangers", heīs saying that the team been talking about the possibility to get Forsberg...
Forsberg also said the other day in swedish television that "itīs a dream to every hockeyplayer to play for the NY Rangers..."

STOP!!!!!! Please no!!!! Forsberg is done! He is so damn fragile and that damn foot is **** up.

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:15 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:

This sounds like a bunch of crap

I wouldn't discount him altogether though, but he should definitely be somewhere around last on the priority last.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:18 AM
beastly115

Quote:

Old
12-21-2008, 09:29 AM
The Thomas J.*

Please NO Forsberg.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:57 AM
beastly115

Don Cherry pretty much sums up this entire thread in Coach's Corner. Well said, Don.