HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Boston catchable?

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2008, 01:44 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
I don't think they are overachieving. I think, however, without Claude, they wouldn't be in the same position. Lets not forget, in this decade, when we have played them in the playoffs (and crushed their precious dreams time and time again) we've been 7th or 8th and only last year it was reversed. They've usually been ahead of us in the standings. Not to say I don't want to catch them, but it seems just because we had an amazing season last year (and went 8-0 against them in the reg), both us and the bruins over react to the fact that we are not in first place. I don't really care, as long as we do what we always do and beat them in the playoffs. I want us to finish as high as possible and yes, it is a mark of how capable we will be, but not the be all end all.

Also, it's pretty funny if you look at the first B poster's avatar:
Lucic: "bringing the pain, the cure, to the disease", the disease being us. LOL, now THAT is flattery. They've got such a big bat in the belfry over us that they consider us a disease. Also, wait until the post-season to see how well your antidote works. As you must know, diseases evolve, infections spread, mutate and adapt, so your orgasms over two games (seriously, two games and Lucic is God and we are completely humbled! Look who the Red Wings and Sharks have lost to lately) might stop and you'll have to read cosmo to get them back.

oh yeah...we CAN catch them, definitely, IF Kovy is truly back.

too bad for Bergy though. not something you want to see happen, no matter how much it might hurt their team (although i can't say that feeling was reciprocal when Komi went out, save for a few respectable B fans)

Old
12-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastofHudson View Post
You and the 8,000 Ranger/Hab/Leafs were the ones in the building the last 15 years.
Yes...no problem with the longtime Bruins fans...they know the game.
It's the bandwagoners who have "discovered" hockey and now claim Boston is "the best" US hockeytown that are a joke.

New York's had it much worse and drawn much better over the years...and the Celtics/NBA are bigger than the Bruins/NHL all things equal...so I don't want to hear/see this nonsense about how holy a town Boston is...hence...why the Bruins winning now is so annoying.
Boston drowns out your baseball stadium in the Bronx, so stop with the New York is better crap. I only care about hockey anyways, and 1994 wasn't yesterday, so stop talking like you have the Red Wings playing at MSG every night, you don't.

Edit: We here on this board aren't typical Boston "pink hat" fans. We're the ones who were a joke at public places for wearing B's shirts, we're the one's who were fans after the Thornton "give away" to San Jose, you may resent Bruins fans, but we're the die hards here, and for us Bruins first Boston sports fans, we've overcome alot to be where we stand today.

Last edited by Hnidy Hnight: 12-21-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old
12-21-2008, 03:13 AM
RapidFire

Yes, they are since seeing how 16 of Boston's 23 wins are against non-playoff teams and their record against playoff teams is 7-7, they're clearly producing many wins off subpar teams. Their easy schedule is helping them alot.

Dont worry, they will eventually play how they were destined to this season and they'll start losing as much as they will win. And unsurprisingly, they will play another subpar team Sunday night... currently in last place in the west, the St. Louis Blues

Old
12-21-2008, 01:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's very early in the season, not the right time for this thread. I don't even look at the standings until the new year.

Old
12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's very early in the season, not the right time for this thread. I don't even look at the standings until the new year.
Umm... so in another week?

Old
12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I agree wth you WTK, but you must admit the Ruins have had a very ez schedule so far this year. It seem like they are always playing some southern team and wow today they are playing the Blues again.

Old
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Habs8517

Sure they are, all good things come to a end
After all, we catched the sens last year when everyone on their board said we had no chance

Old
12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
One Trick Pony

Yeah but the bruins have 2 solid goalies unlike the sens had.

Old
12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
MM425

We're not even half way through the season. I'd be shocked if Boston keeps up this crazy pace throughout the entire season. The three remaining games we have against them will be important however.

Even with them established as the number 1 team in the east, I'm always gonna be confident whenever we play the Bruins .

Old
12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Yeah but the bruins have 1 solid goalie and a Mahi Mahi unlike the sens had.
fixed

Old
12-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Any team is catchable, its the NHL....well except for the Sharks\Red Wings, if neither of those teams are tops in the West, I will be SHOCKED....in the East...its so tight...

I mean begining of year, I picked for tops in East, either Philly, Habs, Pens (maybe) Rangers....and all of those teams still have a shot to catch the Bee's.... its really a crap shoot, what I feel bad for, is whoever ends up in the 4 and 5 spot... those teams will be so close come playoffs it will be scary... i picked boston to make the playoffs, not squeek in, but somewhere in the 6-4 spot, not to tear it like they have

I do not think they are over achieving however as many do, I just think Claude is a good coach, has a good system... and they have 2 good goalies if one happens to go cold.

Old
12-21-2008, 02:58 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
It doesnt take much for a team to hit a slump.

anyone is catchable
indeed...

the sens last year ...

Old
12-21-2008, 06:09 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Why dont you beat us once and then perhaps start thumping your chests. I am sure you were pumping your fists the minute Aaaron Boone launched the winning home run in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS in preparation for 2004.....

Come on, give me a break, beat us once this lifetime, just ONCE in the playoffs.
How old are you nine?

88, 90, 91, 92 and 94 were all in my lifetime.

I'm not discounting what has happened over the past 10 years but at least be accurate.

There are people who post here who are over 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I don't know whats worse, 4ORRBLACKHAWKS coming here and trying to tell anyone something we want to hear, or dumb Hab fans actually arguing like we're in a bar.

The Bruins have a fantastic thing going on right now, and that's great. Fans of the team need this since their tears are still dried to their faces from last playoffs.

I just wonder when they are going to realize that they are cursed and that is all there is to it.
Are your tears dried after choking against an inferior Philly team last year?

Or have you, like us gotten over it and moved on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidFire View Post
Yes, they are since seeing how 16 of Boston's 23 wins are against non-playoff teams and their record against playoff teams is 7-7, they're clearly producing many wins off subpar teams. Their easy schedule is helping them alot.

Dont worry, they will eventually play how they were destined to this season and they'll start losing as much as they will win. And unsurprisingly, they will play another subpar team Sunday night... currently in last place in the west, the St. Louis Blues
How does a team with only 5 losses have a 7 and 7 record against playoff teams?

Also, you are aware that in the last 2 Bruins wins vs. The Habs, the B's were on the back end of back to back games while the Habs were off the night before.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-21-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old
12-21-2008, 06:18 PM
ReVeuF

One thing i hope, to not see Boston in first round of playoff... i am tired to always meet them in first round...

Old
12-21-2008, 06:28 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
How old are you nine?

88, 90, 91, 92 and 94 were all in my lifetime.

I'm not discounting what has happened over the past 10 years but at least be accurate.

There are people who post here who are over 25.
There is a moratorium on bragging about wins and championships...

As far as I know, this decade is a lot more relevant to the discussion than any of those years listed above.

So please stop acting like the ownage has somehow stopped because your team beat the Habs 20 years ago or because you won a couple of games in November.

Old
12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Are your tears dried after choking against an inferior Philly team last year?

Or have you, like us gotten over it and moved on?
If theres one thing a Bruin cannot do, is move on. You guys are stuck in a time warp. The miserable truth is that the only way a Boston Bruin player can win the Stanley Cup is by wearing someone elses sweater. Ask Ray Bourque.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-21-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old
12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
AH

Quote:
How does a team with only 5 losses have a 7 and 7 record against playoff teams?
Shootout losses...

Old
12-21-2008, 06:34 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
If theres one thing a Bruin cannot do, is move on. You guys are stuck in a time warp. The miserable truth is that the only way a Boston Bruin player can win the Stanley Cup is by wearing someone elses sweater. Ask Ray Bourque. See ya sweetie.
This.

Bruins fans have not forgotten how many times we have beat them in the playoffs or during the season and that is why they are so frustrated with the Habs.

Old
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM
sarge88

Quote:
There is a moratorium on bragging about wins and championships...

As far as I know, this decade is a lot more relevant to the discussion than any of those years listed above.

So please stop acting like the ownage has somehow stopped because your team beat the Habs 20 years ago or because you won a couple of games in November.
When the humble phrase "not to discount anything that has happened in the past 10 years" is used in

a post that is made in response to one of yours, you kind of look like you're looking for an argument when you make accusations of bragging.

Quote:
Shootout losses...
My bad, I misread. Going on 3 hours sleep right now.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-21-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old
12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Well, with Bergy gone for a while (who knows how long?) and the schedule will tighten with for them with more matchups with playoff bound teams, the Ruins will probably lose some more than they've had since the beginning of the season.

Ruins of this year remind me so much of the Habs of 06-07........

Old
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
AH

Quote:
When the humble phrase "not to discount anything that has happened in the past 10 years" is used in

a post that is made in response to one of yours, you kind of look like you're looking for an argument when you make accusations of bragging.
Well, I was only responding to the previous poster who was ummm let's say thumping his chest for no absolute reason. If you call that bragging, well then I guess it is...

Old
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Are they catchable? Only if they cooperate. Seems to me that Julien's won't let them....

Old
12-21-2008, 08:59 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Well, I was only responding to the previous poster who was ummm let's say thumping his chest for no absolute reason. If you call that bragging, well then I guess it is...
I thought you were saying that I was bragging about the 80's - early 90's success.

I was just pointing out that it hasn't been all Habs in my time following the B's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Are they catchable? Only if they cooperate. Seems to me that Julien's won't let them....
The job he's done has been top notch and he's still not getting the recognition he deserves.

Of course it is early but if the B's end up top 3 in the conference I don't see how he isn't coach of the year.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-21-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't think they are overachieving. I think, however, without Claude, they wouldn't be in the same position. Lets not forget, in this decade, when we have played them in the playoffs (and crushed their precious dreams time and time again) we've been 7th or 8th and only last year it was reversed. They've usually been ahead of us in the standings. Not to say I don't want to catch them, but it seems just because we had an amazing season last year (and went 8-0 against them in the reg), both us and the bruins over react to the fact that we are not in first place. I don't really care, as long as we do what we always do and beat them in the playoffs. I want us to finish as high as possible and yes, it is a mark of how capable we will be, but not the be all end all.

Also, it's pretty funny if you look at the first B poster's avatar:
Lucic: "bringing the pain, the cure, to the disease", the disease being us. LOL, now THAT is flattery. They've got such a big bat in the belfry over us that they consider us a disease. Also, wait until the post-season to see how well your antidote works. As you must know, diseases evolve, infections spread, mutate and adapt, so your orgasms over two games (seriously, two games and Lucic is God and we are completely humbled! Look who the Red Wings and Sharks have lost to lately) might stop and you'll have to read cosmo to get them back.

oh yeah...we CAN catch them, definitely, IF Kovy is truly back.

too bad for Bergy though. not something you want to see happen, no matter how much it might hurt their team (although i can't say that feeling was reciprocal when Komi went out, save for a few respectable B fans)
I know when Neely played the Bruins owned you guys Beat ya out 4 times in 5 years,so now its Lucic ,You guys don't scare the Bruins anymore,FACT!

Old
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
I know when Neely played the Bruins owned you guys Beat ya out 4 times in 5 years,so now its Lucic ,You guys don't scare the Bruins anymore,FACT!
One of those 4 times one of your cheap shot artists broke Richer's wrist with a dirty slash. You won in OT game 7. You would of never seen game seven with the way Richer was playing that year. Karma is a ***** though as the Bruin's tried to cheat only to have Neely meet Samuelson and the rest is history.

Closed Thread