HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redden -- early evaluation

Old
12-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Duponttime*

vCash: 500
Anybody who thinks Redden is the worst defenseman on this team should stop watching hockey. It goes Kalinin first, Rosival second.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duponttime View Post
Anybody who thinks Redden is the worst defenseman on this team should stop watching hockey. It goes Kalinin first, Rosival second.
No Redden IS INDEED the worst d-man on the roster.

He sucks, is slow, looks unmotivated, and he simply doesn't care.

Kalinin and Roszival are MUCH MUCH better compared to this bum

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

I'll take Rozsival over Redden anytime. For Kalinin, that's another story. And no, I won't stop to watch hockey.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:42 AM
beastly115

Meh. Not a Redden fan but I'd still take him over Rozsival... In prior seasons I'd take Rozsival, no doubt. This season it's another story but that's for another thread.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:46 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

I don't want to go OT, but we forget too easily Rozsi faced hip surgery during the off season, he needs time, he played better in the last weeks, at least we have seen an improvement in his game. Redden is healthy and not a single inch of improvement showed up recently. Same and consistent sloppy game.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:51 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Rozsival and Kalinin have definately played worse than Redden thus far IMO. If it weren't for his contract Redden would not be garnering anywhere near the amount of negativity he has, and that is Sather's fault not Wade's.

12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff23 View Post
I don't want to go OT, but we forget too easily Rozsi faced hip surgery during the off season, he needs time, he played better in the last weeks, at least we have seen an improvement in his game. Redden is healthy and not a single inch of improvement showed up recently. Same and consistent sloppy game.
Yep. Rozi started playing better a couple weeks ago after his major slump. Redden, while not terrible, is nothing more than average either. Pretty unmotivated play in a nutshell.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Fletch

Redden is about average overall. I've been particularly dissatisfied with his defensive play and his lack of urgency bugs me a bit too.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Nubbin

Redden is complete garbage. I can't believe what we are paying him and how long we have to deal with such a cap hit for such crap.

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:45 AM
McMonster

At first, I though Redden was going to play well for us but now I am convinced that he is useless.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:19 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
At first, I though Redden was going to play well for us but now I am convinced that he is useless.

I ALWAYS knew Redden would be terrible. Unless there is some act of God he will be here for sometime. Redden will get every benifit of the doubt form the orginization, Next year we will hear during Training camp that he had first year blues & trouble adjusting & he works hard in the off season & has come into great shape for camp Blah Blah Blah Blah it's all crap & most of you people out there will buy into it like the sheep you are.

Fact is fact Redden is horrible.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:54 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Redden is about average overall. I've been particularly dissatisfied with his defensive play and his lack of urgency bugs me a bit too.
Pretty much. It isn't that he's terrible, it's that he's completely mediocre at every aspect of the game and doesn't play with any passion. The homers on TV might try to play that off as poise, but that's ********. You can't be great at anything in life, especially not athletic competition if you aren't involved. You need to be passionate about what you're doing, and he never is. If he was, he wouldn't get beaten to pucks on a regular basis, game in and game out.

It isn't his fault that Sather stupidly offered him such an awful contract, but it's a little disturbing when a player doesn't seem to feel bad at all that he's letting down his employers, his teammates or the fans. He's not playing anywhere up to his contract. He's supposed to be an "elite" offensive d-man. Our power play is terrible and he hasn't scored a goal in 30+ games. It's a joke.

I think any GM in this league who would trade for Redden on this contract would be committing career suicide. He is mediocre and average in every possible way. I play with guys in my rec league who seem more committed to playing hard than he does. Yes, Kalinin has been even worse than him this year, remarkably, but that isn't saying much, as Kalinin has just been disgusting.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 04:02 PM
NYR Viper

from what i have seen(and i have seen all of the games this season) redden isnt a flashy type of player. He is a little slower than i would like to see any defenseman be but he is normally positionally sound and the reason I believe people think he is so bad is because he makes hard plays look easy and whenever he makes a bad play thats all you see form him all game. In order for people to truly see him play his game you really have to concentrate on him whenever he is on the ice because he makes small deft plays that make room for others and I believe that if renney would ever open up his system of play redden would have a lot more points.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
The Thomas J.*

Redden is not physical at all, That's a prolbem, opposing players pass him like he is standing still, most of the time Redden looks like he is standing at a bus waiting for one to pick him up.

I just don't get it.

Old
12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Redden is not physical at all, That's a prolbem, opposing players pass him like he is standing still, most of the time Redden looks like he is standing at a bus waiting for one to pick him up.

I just don't get it.

I wanted BROOOOOOOOOOOKS ORPIK to sign instead.

Old
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
John Torturella

Wade Redden has been simply terrible. He is the softest defenseman ever. Everything he does is soft. Hits(if he hits), slap shots, wrist shots, clearing on attempts on PK, his stupid little dump pass attempt that cost us the game last night.

This guy just looks like he does not care. How we give this guy a contract at nearly 40 mill in a salary cap era is inexcuseable.

Malik was a better at 1/39th of the cost of Redden. Sure he was more susceptible to a terribly blatant turnover in our zone, but his passes, his shot and his ability to break up plays is far greater than Reddens. We have a guy who is worse than Malik for a superstar contract. Just disgusting.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 05:00 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Malik was a better at 1/39th of the cost of Redden. Sure he was more susceptible to a terribly blatant turnover in our zone, but his passes, his shot and his ability to break up plays is far greater than Reddens. We have a guy who is worse than Malik for a superstar contract. Just disgusting.
This is all just wrong...

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Bury Your Head

Redden is not as bad as Kalinin, but is definitely worse than Rozsival.

Overall, Redden has sucked ass.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 05:21 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post

I just don't get it.
During the SJ game, did anyone else see him skate right into a check and get leveled? I lol'd

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 05:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff23 View Post
I wanted BROOOOOOOOOOOKS ORPIK to sign instead.

So did I, but Orpik did not want us.