HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win 4-2...oh wait nvm

Old
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Everything is said about the refs. After this many years, it ain't going change especially against the Canes.

As for the team. Again a mix bag of effort and hard work.

Lapierre and Begin played well. Lappy penalty definitely stupid though.

Laraque is all but useless most of the time. If the game started in down low in the offensive, he'd be useful.

Tanguay has this knack of being invisible and put up points. He kinda floats around, then bang makes a nice play on goal.

Skost, kovy, and Pleks were amongst the quiet and ineffective Canadiens. Had a few moments but other than that, not what you want out of a top line. Frankly, even with the goals by Kovy, its not enough possession nor chances of a top line.

Montreals D was backing up all night. They were just giving the blue line away and allowing one on one shots at Price from the slot. Completely unacceptable.

Price. Good but shaky at times. His D definitely didn't help him out.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
totalrecall

Please forgive me everybody,
But from now on, if something bad happens to the Cans, such us

a) Injury
b) Not making playoffs
c) Piano ... wait.. make it 5 pianos falling on Staal

I am going enjoy it ok? and nobody

NOBODY

Going to take that away from me!!

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Dubé is so plain wrong on his analysis of his 2 disallowed goals....saying that on the first, well they were right 'cause they didn't know where the puck is.....OK so based on that, they could keep whistling all game long and it will never be their fault....And on the 2nd one, he says that the goalie took possession of the puck before we scored which is again not true 'cause that wasn't what made the ref whistle....

I guess even Dubé could be human....
He sometimes looks like he hates the Habs.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I dislike the Canes. They are an unlikable team with few redeeming features, and it has nothing to do with the market they play in. They dive, their playing style is annoying, and they are living on the glory of a fluke Cup run (I mean, miss playoffs-miss playoffs-Cup-miss playoffs-miss playoffs. What do you want to call it?). And they seem to be the beneficiaries of far too much fluky officiating. Rather like the Leafs at the ACC.

Well, at least we're rid of them for the year, it seems doubtful they'll make the playoffs...
Canes won post lockout year.....everything was ****ed up that year.
Didn't they win the Cup and then not make the playoffs the following year? How sad is that.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canadian_Brewtality

Besides the ref pulling a bag over there heads, everyone here fails to mention that it wasnt exactly a good game either.

Granted we got 0 breaks, but the first period was terrible, and our offence was lacking throughout most of the game.

Our D to forward transition was terrible, no real forecheck, we didnt test Ward all that much and no speed in the neutral zone. We should have put it to them especially since the team has 5 days off.

Before the refs, i blame the team for once again not setting any sort of tempo at home and lack of any intesity.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze

What sucks the most is that nothing will ever change...

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
And when you exclude referees from this 12 people list they only have 2
lol...thanks, I needed the laugh.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Randomhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post

a) Injury
b) Not making playoffs

NOBODY

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Pascal

Quote:

a) Injury
b) Not making playoffs

NOBODY

I sure enjoyed it when he fell on the ice in the 3rd. He has a Spezzaesque grin (also known as the McGrin) that makes me want to punch his chicklets out really bad.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

a) Injury
b) Not making playoffs

NOBODY

Don't worry with all the diving going on, somebody's bound to pull something.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
zx81

Quote:
And on the 2nd one, he says that the goalie took possession of the puck before we scored which is again not true 'cause that wasn't what made the ref whistle....
I thought it was because Ward touched the puck with his stick .
Are you saying it was because of another reason ?

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
People maybe should stop to expect Tanguay to be a player that he is not. He's a passer and a setupper. He's not a guy like Kovalev, Ovechkin or elsewho will control the puck for entire shifts and who will put in a show. He's not the most spectacular, but he's still effective and backchecks pretty well.
I like Tanguay and if you've seen, I've said he should be signed before Kovalev. I just don't think he was that good tonight. I think he disappeared for most of it but was around for when it counted (D'Ago and Lang's goals). That's all. Again, I want him on the Habs next year.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

I hope Eric Staal gets an STD after sleeping with a Montreal girl. He probably will escape it though diving over the girl.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Canes won post lockout year.....everything was ****ed up that year.
Didn't they win the Cup and then not make the playoffs the following year? How sad is that.

lol the playoffs they blatantly injured roloson who was burning hot for the oilers and still went to game seven with jussi 'freakin' markannen as the opposing goalie

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Dubé is so plain wrong on his analysis of his 2 disallowed goals....saying that on the first, well they were right 'cause they didn't know where the puck is.....OK so based on that, they could keep whistling all game long and it will never be their fault....And on the 2nd one, he says that the goalie took possession of the puck before we scored which is again not true 'cause that wasn't what made the ref whistle....

Dube isn't human and doesn't make mistake... he has bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Everything is said about the refs. After this many years, it ain't going change especially against the Canes.

Laraque is all but useless most of the time. If the game started in down low in the offensive, he'd be useful.

Tanguay has this knack of being invisible and put up points. He kinda floats around, then bang makes a nice play on goal.

Skost, kovy, and Pleks were amongst the quiet and ineffective Canadiens. Had a few moments but other than that, not what you want out of a top line. Frankly, even with the goals by Kovy, its not enough possession nor chances of a top line.

Montreals D was backing up all night. They were just giving the blue line away and allowing one on one shots at Price from the slot. Completely unacceptable.

That's the player he is. He is much more clever than anyone could think he is. We can't expect him to be an Ovechkin or a Kovalev, he's a different type of player. He kinda works more in the shadow, but he's very effective. He's almost always getting out the corners with the puck and his passing abilities make the opponents nervous. He's the type of player that is not very spectacular, but will always get the job done. Always one of the first ones to back in the defensive zone and helps his defensemen a lot.

5 points in the last 3 games. He's back on the right track. I want him with this team for a while. You just can put him anywhere and he'll get the job done. I also loved him on the PK.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM
axman88

It begs to question the last two times the habs played the hurricanes in the playoffs....

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:00 PM
MayorFord

i swear to god we better never get another french referee. they always do everything in their powers to screw the habs just to make themselves look unbiased for the boss.

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I thought it was because Ward touched the puck with his stick .
Are you saying it was because of another reason ?
You're right. Just heard the explanation from Carbo. Seems that Ward touching it was the reason for the whistle. So question is this? Don't understand why Dubé says it's the right call and doesn't say it wasn't when Price did touch it as well.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

Tanguay is a perimeter player, no surprise there....but he came as advertised, a playmaker who can chip in and score. As long as he is kept with non-perimeter guys (which is hard to find on the Habs roster) he's an excellent asset.

It's not hard to see why he didn't fit in Calgary.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

The refs did the right thing with blowing the whistle when they lose sight, but it speaks to their positioning when making the calls since they messed up multiple times.

I dont understand his rationale for ward having possession. How could that constitute having possession of the puck?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:

Quote:
Tanguay is a perimeter player, no surprise there....but he came as advertised, a playmaker who can chip in and score. As long as he is kept with non-perimeter guys (which is hard to find on the Habs roster) he's an excellent asset.

That's why I like him with Dagger. He also would be effective with guys like Higgins and Latendresse.

As for the game itself, well everybody, let's remember Koivu, Andrei Kostitsyn and Higgins are missing. However, we found a way to get 5 points in the last 3 games (on a possibility of 6). It's great, we're gotta be all right. I love my Habs. We're one or two changes away of being even better. Add in a good passing D-Man and we're set for a good playoffs run.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
But then see I don't see it. He fitted perfectly with Calgary since they had non-perimeter guys all-around him unless he was playing with Huselius....So depending on the team we're going to have in place, the guy can or can't be part of this team. We need non-perimeter players to play with him. Tanguay and Plekanec will never work. That's not soft....that's Cottonnelle soft....

Old
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Peacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I'm sure their 12 fans are very excited.
Let's not go overboard here.

They probably have no more than 6.

Well at least we got a point, and we don't have to play them ever again (this season). Youd think that with two fast skating teams, canes habs games would be more entertaining but they're not. They always seem to be a boring trap affair.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:08 PM
superstar436

btw
staal is the type of star forward we have been missing for years in here.

watch and get jealous

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
The refs did the right thing with blowing the whistle when they lose sight, but it speaks to their positioning when making the calls since they messed up multiple times.

I dont understand his rationale for ward having possession. How could that constitute having possession of the puck?
But that's exactly it. Refs should indeed whistle when they lose sight....but you shouldn't lose sight of something as obvious as this play, should not happen, it's not like it was under 10 players....

I don't understand the Ward's possession either, totally don't....