HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win 4-2...oh wait nvm

Old
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
cottoneye

vCash: 500
Seriously, does anyone understand the difference between the second disallowed goal and the overtime winner? I honestly don't get it.

Except for that, I'm pretty happy with the three last games. We are playing with 3 of our top 6 forwards injured after all.
Latendresse I thought played a great game, as did his linemates.

cottoneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Didn't they win the Cup and then not make the playoffs the following year? How sad is that.
The Hurricanes failed to make the playoffs 2 consecutive years before winning the Cup, and 2 consecutive years after. And we all know HOW they won it.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You're right. Just heard the explanation from Carbo. Seems that Ward touching it was the reason for the whistle. So question is this? Don't understand why Dubé says it's the right call and doesn't say it wasn't when Price did touch it as well.....
I guess it's because Ward actually pushed the puck in front of him while Price just couldn't make the save.

But Ward never actually got a real control of the puck, he barely touched it.

IMO both goals should have been allowed.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I hope Eric Staal gets an STD after sleeping with a Montreal girl. He probably will escape it though diving over the girl.
The guy doesn't deserve to spend a night with a hot Montreal chick.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
But then see I don't see it. He fitted perfectly with Calgary since they had non-perimeter guys all-around him unless he was playing with Huselius....So depending on the team we're going to have in place, the guy can or can't be part of this team. We need non-perimeter players to play with him. Tanguay and Plekanec will never work. That's not soft....that's Cottonnelle soft....
Among all the perimeter players we have, I'd take :

The youngest possible one who is actually producing and who is the most complete player.

That's why Tanguay fits in the team's plans in my opinion. I even think Gainey already told him that he planned to extend him before July 1st, as in the interview yesterday at "L'après-match", at the beginning, he was speaking like if he was sure he was going to stay here for a long time, as he alluded that "He's going to get more and more aboarded in the shopping centers, etc... in the next few years".

Most of the prospects pushing in the minors however, are grinding players who are actually willing to drive the net. Just take a look at D'agostini, Pacioretty and cie...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hickles46

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Please forgive me everybody,
But from now on, if something bad happens to the Cans, such us

a) Injury
b) Not making playoffs
c) Piano ... wait.. make it 5 pianos falling on Staal

I am going enjoy it ok? and nobody

NOBODY

Going to take that away from me!!

<3

hickles46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottoneye View Post
Seriously, does anyone understand the difference between the second disallowed goal and the overtime winner? I honestly don't get it. \
don't bother trying to understand. the only explanation is that NHL refs SUCK ASS.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:13 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Who said she had to be hot.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:14 PM
zx81

Quote:
But that's exactly it. Refs should indeed whistle when they lose sight....but you shouldn't lose sight of something as obvious as this play, should not happen, it's not like it was under 10 players....

I don't understand the Ward's possession either, totally don't....
That makes me laugh because have you noticed that it's always the ref behind the net who actually blows the whistle in these situations ?

Of course he's going to lose sight of the puck, he's behind the freaking net. It's IMPOSSIBLE for him to see if the goalie has frozen the puck or not.

That's something I never understood.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:14 PM
cottoneye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
don't bother trying to understand. the only explanation is that NHL refs SUCK ASS.
Heh. That'll teach me. I should know better than to try and find logic to NHL rules.

cottoneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Who said she had to be hot.
Take a look at Staal's face. He looks so dumb that I'm not even sure if he could actually make the difference between a monkey and a chick.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Hot Montreal chicks surely don't deserve an ugly ******* like him either.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
But then see I don't see it. He fitted perfectly with Calgary since they had non-perimeter guys all-around him unless he was playing with Huselius....So depending on the team we're going to have in place, the guy can or can't be part of this team. We need non-perimeter players to play with him. Tanguay and Plekanec will never work. That's not soft....that's Cottonnelle soft....
When I say non-perimeter I mean guys that drive to the net and can actually score.....like Dagger.

Calgary wanted every player to be a crasher/banger, which is ridiculous.....obviously Tanguay's not that kind of player, and will never become that kind of player.

He's a passer, who needs to play with at least 1 shooter....I'm actually surprised he looks as good as he does with Koivu, since they both prefer passing to shooting.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:16 PM
JrHockeyFan

Irritating night all around.

To start with freaking Rogers has a "this channel not available" message up, "please try again later" where the Habs game is supposed to be on. The other 3 games were there. just not the Habs game.

Then this result. I hate it when something controversial happens and I am stuck listening to those wishy washy guys on CJAD instead of judging for myself. Are those guys afraid to make a stand on an issue or what? "Maybe this" or "coulda that" or "oh well".

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
He's a passer, who needs to play with at least 1 shooter....I'm actually surprised he looks as good as he does with Koivu, since they both prefer passing to shooting.
It's because Koivu brings a ton of attention to himself when he is on the ice. He does everything so players gravitate toward him, which makes them forget this incredible playmaker Tanguay just hungry for someone to feed him the puck. That's why Tanguay's goals look like anyone could have scored them, but in reality, you need serious hockey brains to find those slots.

It's funny I rag on Tanguay being a ghost this game when he has been great for us when teams don't pay attention to him, but Tanguay has a ton of offensive skills and I just wasn't seeing them tonight. I also don't think he was skating as hard as he could. I think he and the rest of the team were exhausted after last nights game. However, he made it count where he always makes it count, on the scoreboard.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:20 PM
le_sean

I've never seen a wimp as big as Plekanec. He's worse than ****ing Ribeiro.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:22 PM
suprez

They probably today wanted to show to the habs fan that we can't influence them.Especialy in the overtime.It's was so obvious the tripping and holding sequence.

Plus 2 goal not allowed . Add to this the previous game and the famous playoff.hell i still remember when they won the cup and everyone was yelling it's was a steal.

Something is realy fishy with them.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
They probably today wanted to show to the habs fan that we can't influence them.Especialy in the overtime.It's was so obvious the tripping and holding sequence.

Plus 2 goal not allowed . Add to this the previous game and the famous playoff.hell i still remember when they won the cup and everyone was yelling it's was a steal.

Something is realy fishy with them.
Karmanos has a lot of money + Bettman trying to push Hockey into Carolina?

Nah, that'd be X-Files stuff..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
This "ghost" is our team's first pointer with 26 points in 31 games. Set up D'agostini perfectly and helped the transition game a lot. His line was the most dangerous in my opinion.

People maybe should stop to expect Tanguay to be a player that he is not. He's a passer and a setupper. He's not a guy like Kovalev, Ovechkin or elsewho will control the puck for entire shifts and who will put in a show. He's not the most spectacular, but he's still effective and backchecks pretty well.

Blame those who have to be blamed. Not those doing the job.

Price was not at his best, and half of our d-men were awful. This is why we lost.
let me just say there's a reason why Carbo only played him 13:13 minutes, and that's with few PK's. I laugh when on talk radio french people call in saying Carbo is racist toward his own for playing the Russians more than Tanguay. Since the first 5-10 games, he's been very disappointing imo. I get mad thinking it's pretty much a lock he'll get re-signed because he's from around here.

We'd be much better off throwing 10 million at injury-prone Gaborik than giving 5 million each to Tanguay and Kovalev.

oh and the crazy thing is Tanguay would have 35 points if all his passes didn't end up in his teammates skates. His cross-ice passes have been down right inaccurate this year, and that's IF they get through.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
We'd be much better off throwing 10 million at injury-prone Gaborik than giving 5 million each to Tanguay and Kovalev.
I can't see either of them getting $5M, especially Kovalev but to a lesser extent Tanguay.

Tanguay is likely going to take a pay cut to stay here because he knows this is where he can play the best hockey. I'd peg him at $4.5M. Kovalev, he deserves more (same to Tanguay) but he'll take a cut if he wants to stay as well. If he wants more, theres always the KHL. Either way, I'd rather take Kovalev and Tanguay combining for 40-60 goals than Gaborik. Especially since Gaborik is super streaky.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
let me just say there's a reason why Carbo only played him 13:13 minutes, and that's with few PK's. I laugh when on talk radio french people call in saying Carbo is racist toward his own for playing the Russians more than Tanguay. Since the first 5-10 games, he's been very disappointing imo. I get mad thinking it's pretty much a lock he'll get re-signed because he's from around here.

Yeah because clearly, Gaborik and all the highly rated UFAs will jump on a single opportunity to sign in Montreal... We've succeeded so much with high-end UFAs anyway in the last few years...

Let's keep our players and get what's missing on the trade market. Don't count on the UFA market to attract great players. Not in Montreal. We must have great drafts and find the missing pieces in other teams in trades.

And stop trying to find an answer in ice time, D'agostini only got 14 minutes and Lang 15 minutes. Plekanec got over 20 minutes as well as Kovalev. You really think they were good tonight? You really think Lang, Tanguay and Dagger played worst than Kovalev Plekanec and Kostitsyn?

Just don't even try to find any logic in Carbo's decisions... Each defenseman has played with the 5 others tonight... there was just no structure in line changes and defensive pairings tonight.

Oh, and by the way, he's our best pointer.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:35 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
You sir i agree with 100%, and this is why he is going home for the holidays to spend the night with a hot dude from Thunder Bay !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Please forgive me everybody,
But from now on, if something bad happens to the Cans, such us

a) Injury
b) Not making playoffs
c) Piano ... wait.. make it 5 pianos falling on Staal

I am going enjoy it ok? and nobody

NOBODY

Going to take that away from me!!
hahahah...that one made me laugh...

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
What I don't understand is, when the referees canceled the goal of Latendresse, Brunet said they have to blow to whistle as soon as the goalie touches the puck on a delayed penalty.. Would make sense since no Carolina players touched the puck after the penalty was called.

NOW, what bugs me is, using that same reasoning, why didn't they blow the whistle in OT when Carey Price touched the puck (Because there was a delayed penalty), before the Carolina player scored???

*Sigh* @ referees
even if the whistle goes, a Carolina PP in OT against Montreal is a guaranteed goal. Years of this has shown us

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Oh don't know how we even got a point...

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote