HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cgy/ott/clb

Old
12-21-2008, 03:00 AM
*OvechKiN*

vCash: 500
Cgy/ott/clb

To Calgary:
Pascal Leclaire
Jason Spezza
Rotislav Klesla

To Ottawa:
Miikka Kiprusoff
Adrian Aucoin
Michael Cammalleri

To Columbus:
Matthew Lombardi
Martin Gerber
Adam Pardy
Ott 2nd

*OvechKiN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 07:48 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

That's almost as ugly as some of the Oiler proposals of late. Calgary moves a whole bunch of salary, including two no-trade players, and some spare parts for a whole bunch of question marks. I don't see why any of the teams would do any of this. Bad return for each and every team.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Columbus runs away laughing. Laughing at the proposal, I mean.

Allen Degenerate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Kamina
Amok

Closer than what I've seen, but still a bit off, especially with what Columbus is getting.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
BigEyedPhish

As a fan of the Senators and I would like to give you a persona **** u

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
BigEyedPhish

IF you want Spezza then...

Thank you for Iginla..

Old
12-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post

Thank you for Iginla..
If you honestly believe that you could land Iginla for Spezza you are seriously delusional; that would be like an Oilers fan thinking they could land Alfredsson for Hemsky (not meant as a shot at Oilers fans or Hemsky)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Oil View Post
That's almost as ugly as some of the Oiler proposals of late. Calgary moves a whole bunch of salary, including two no-trade players, and some spare parts for a whole bunch of question marks. I don't see why any of the teams would do any of this. Bad return for each and every team.
While the Flames would reduce some salary now, they would add it next season as all of the players headed to Calgary are under contract next season while 2 leaving are pending UFAs... I think overall the Values aren't that far off (Columbus does get hosed a bit)... but like you did say I don't see a reason for any of the teams to do this.

It doesn't make sense for the Flames because Kiprusoff has been playing pretty well despite the numbers (which have improved since the Flames stopped hanging him out to dry)... Ottawa loses even more scoring which is their biggest problem right now... and Columbus losses a very good young goaltender and apretty good defenseman for spare parts... the only thing that really makes sense in this proposal is Lombardi to Columbus

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:02 AM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
If you honestly believe that you could land Iginla for Spezza you are seriously delusional; that would be like an Oilers fan thinking they could land Alfredsson for Hemsky (not meant as a shot at Oilers fans or Hemsky)

While the Flames would reduce some salary now, they would add it next season as all of the players headed to Calgary are under contract next season while 2 leaving are pending UFAs... I think overall the Values aren't that far off (Columbus does get hosed a bit)... but like you did say I don't see a reason for any of the teams to do this.

It doesn't make sense for the Flames because Kiprusoff has been playing pretty well despite the numbers (which have improved since the Flames stopped hanging him out to dry)... Ottawa loses even more scoring which is their biggest problem right now... and Columbus losses a very good young goaltender and apretty good defenseman for spare parts... the only thing that really makes sense in this proposal is Lombardi to Columbus
If you think I am serious then you are ********.. But if Calgary wants Spezza it will take Phaneuf or Iginla, and we know that wont happen.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
If you think I am serious then you are ********.. But if Calgary wants Spezza it will take Phaneuf or Iginla, and we know that wont happen.
No it wouldn't take Phaneuf of Iginla... not even close... if the Senators were going to move Spezza it will be for offensive depth and and a puck moving defenseman... Iginla and Phaneuf are untouchable and Spezza is rumored to be actively shopped by the Sens... you will not be getting a star player in return.

Old
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
HSF

Quote:
No it wouldn't take Phaneuf of Iginla... not even close... if the Senators were going to move Spezza it will be for offensive depth and and a puck moving defenseman... Iginla and Phaneuf are untouchable and Spezza is rumored to be actively shopped by the Sens... you will not be getting a star player in return.
then he aint getting traded.

Hell Murray just said a few days ago he isnt looking to trade SPEZZZA!!!!!

And we sure has hell dont want Kipper and Aucoin with their contracts

and Camilleri is a downgrade from Spezza

if Spezza goes to the Flames then Phaneuf is coming back, if not then we wont be trading him to the Flames

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Hyperkookeez*

just to break it down into who is losing what

sens gain:
kipper
aucoin
cammalleri

sens lose:
spezza
gerber
2nd rounder

flames gain:
leclaire
spezza
klesla

flames lose:
kipper
aucoin
cammalleri
lombardi
pardy
cammalleri

jackets lose:
klesla
leclaire

jackets gain:
gerber
lombardi
pardy
2nd rounder

it doesnt make sense for the jackets to do it seeing as how it doesnt address any of their needs. it also doesnt address the sens need for a puck mover on the back end or for offensive depth

seems like an nhl 09 trade

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 02:29 PM
ComixZone

calgary says hell no. ridiculous.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
bdp

Camalleri
Lombardi
3rd

for

Spezza
Schubert
4th

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
then he aint getting traded.

Hell Murray just said a few days ago he isnt looking to trade SPEZZZA!!!!!

And we sure has hell dont want Kipper and Aucoin with their contracts

and Camilleri is a downgrade from Spezza

if Spezza goes to the Flames then Phaneuf is coming back, if not then we wont be trading him to the Flames
Jesus... First I never made this proposal... I think its bad for all teams involved which I stated in a previous post... but if you seriously think Spezza is going to land Phaneuf then you need to put the crack pipe down because you are hallucinating... hell thats the verge of a psychotic break... Spezza's new contract makes him untradable... even those morons on the hotstove last night can see it... Spezza signed a big deal and is now floundering... his value is as low as ever... Phaneuf on the other hand until a few days ago was on pace for another career high in points... has improved his defensive game by leaps and bounds... has already been nominated for a major NHL award... all for less than Spezza is making... even if their salaries were the same Spezza alone wouldn't be enough... Phaneuf is younger, more valuable and plays an all around better game...

I like Spezza and think he is a great #1 center but he is no fit for the Flames... but seriously offering Spezza for Phaneuf is ludicrous... if Spezza is dealt they will not be getting a star player in return... not with how he is playing... perhaps they can get another struggling star player in return... but I think they are more likely to get a package of something like Souray and Nilsson/Gagner for him...

but I think the best fit is seriously the Panthers... Horton supposedly wants out... Bouwmeester is a pending UFA... Vokoun is supposedly available... the Panthers could also use a legit #1 center

so why something like... Spezza, Gerber & a conditional 1st for Bouwmeester & Vokoun... the 1st turning into a 3rd should Bouwmeester not re-sign

Old
12-21-2008, 03:34 PM
HSF

Quote:
Jesus... First I never made this proposal... I think its bad for all teams involved which I stated in a previous post... but if you seriously think Spezza is going to land Phaneuf then you need to put the crack pipe down because you are hallucinating... hell thats the verge of a psychotic break... Spezza's new contract makes him untradable... even those morons on the hotstove last night can see it... Spezza signed a big deal and is now floundering... his value is as low as ever... Phaneuf on the other hand until a few days ago was on pace for another career high in points... has improved his defensive game by leaps and bounds... has already been nominated for a major NHL award... all for less than Spezza is making... even if their salaries were the same Spezza alone wouldn't be enough... Phaneuf is younger, more valuable and plays an all around better game...

I like Spezza and think he is a great #1 center but he is no fit for the Flames... but seriously offering Spezza for Phaneuf is ludicrous... if Spezza is dealt they will not be getting a star player in return... not with how he is playing... perhaps they can get another struggling star player in return... but I think they are more likely to get a package of something like Souray and Nilsson/Gagner for him...

but I think the best fit is seriously the Panthers... Horton supposedly wants out... Bouwmeester is a pending UFA... Vokoun is supposedly available... the Panthers could also use a legit #1 center

so why something like... Spezza, Gerber & a conditional 1st for Bouwmeester & Vokoun... the 1st turning into a 3rd should Bouwmeester not re-sign
Number 1 center who has been top 4 in the league for PPG avg sice the lockout... i think that is fair for phaneuf

but i agree, this doesnt make sense for anyone as Sens would be even more screwed without a top center

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Anasazi

Quote:

Thank you for Iginla..
Yea...

That'd never happen....

I wish...

but no....

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Number 1 center who has been top 4 in the league for PPG avg sice the lockout... i think that is fair for phaneuf

but i agree, this doesnt make sense for anyone as Sens would be even more screwed without a top center
no its not fair for Phaneuf... you will not get Phaneuf for Spezza... its that simple... Phaneuf's trade value is only behind Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin... Spezza's trade value is not anywhere close to that high

Old
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
JorgeRocks!

Calgary gets worse goaltending, gives up 2 d men for 1 d man, spezza is an upgrade over cammalleri, but still? Oh, and Calgary also throws in a very good 3rd line center? no chance

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:48 PM
MonaHan Solo
I am your KING

Calgary gets murdered here...

MonaHan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:52 PM
danishh

we dont need a ****ing goalie

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:00 AM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
no its not fair for Phaneuf... you will not get Phaneuf for Spezza... its that simple... Phaneuf's trade value is only behind Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin... Spezza's trade value is not anywhere close to that high
Don't bother. Those guys are Spezza fanboys who are seriously delusional

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote