HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Boston catchable?

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
One of those 4 times one of your cheap shot artists broke Richer's wrist with a dirty slash. You won in OT game 7. You would of never seen game seven with the way Richer was playing that year. Karma is a ***** though as the Bruin's tried to cheat only to have Neely meet Samuelson and the rest is history.
Hahaha.

When we retired Boom Boom's number 5, we should have also retired Ulf's

Old
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
One of those 4 times one of your cheap shot artists broke Richer's wrist with a dirty slash. You won in OT game 7. You would of never seen game seven with the way Richer was playing that year. Karma is a ***** though as the Bruin's tried to cheat only to have Neely meet Samuelson and the rest is history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Hahaha.

When we retired Boom Boom's number 5, we should have also retired Ulf's
Wow, if you guys are happy about players getting injuries....wow.

I'm a Bruins fan and don't like the Habs franchise, but I would never wish an injury on a player. That's just disgusting.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
bobbyz04

Roy

That is true ,the great Patrick Roy actually has a losing record against the Bruins in the playoffs. That is because the Neely,Bourque teams were top notch, just like these Bruins are. A one lined team with no goaltending lead by Joe the ***** Thornton was ripe for the picking. However it is a long year 10 points can be made up pretty quickly.The trade dealine could prove to be important.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:37 PM
SilverSeven

You can catch any team this early.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Wow, if you guys are happy about players getting injuries....wow.

I'm a Bruins fan and don't like the Habs franchise, but I would never wish an injury on a player. That's just disgusting.
Take a joke.

And I wish injury on Steve Downie every day I hear he is playing hockey.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I don't think this is entirely a natural progression -- breakouts, sure, but I expect them to scale back a bit. The leap for all three of them from last year is excessive. One of them will probably keep it up (my money is on Kessel), but I'd say two of them will slow down eventually.
Maybe, but from my side it appears that Kessel has broken out, Krejci (who has scored at every level he's played, including PPG+ at 20 in the AHL) is simply doing what he does, and Lucic is Lucic, a 60 point banger. Add in Wheeler, who looks better every game, and that's some solid youth.

Quote:
The Habs will get their wins and I expect them to get better as they go -- their PP seems to be heating up, which would make them very scary -- but they have been very inconsistent. They need to get into a real, long-term roll... but they tend to do very well near the end of the season historically.
People keep quoting the Bruins easy sched, but to me the big difference is that the Habs aren't beating the teams they should, see Carolina tonite. If they were, it would be a damn close race right now.

As I said before, the Bruins are benefitting from a very easy December sched. If the Habs can't beat those bottom dwellars though, it won't matter. What's the deal? Motivation? Consistency?

Old
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Please don't shoot the messenger, I'm just stating the facts. But Montreal is 5 points closer to missing the playoffs all together, then they are of catching Boston.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Please don't shoot the messenger, I'm just stating the facts. But Montreal is 5 points closer to missing the playoffs all together, then they are of catching Boston.
After game 33.
The Habs are in no danger of missing the playoffs.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
suprez

After 12-13 game we had 10 or so point ahead of them .The bruind had a sloppy start and we had a strong start.

There's 49 Games left in the season and they have 5 more win than the habs.

Yes i repeat 5 not 100.

Do you remember last years? We won our last 10 game and that the reason we finished 1 and not 5-6-7-8.

Ug .... Thing can be decided at the end.

Habs if we continue to play exactly the same until the end we could finish with 104 points and the bruins with 129 points.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
After 12-13 game we had 10 or so point ahead of them .The bruind had a sloppy start and we had a strong start.

There's 49 Games left in the season and they have 5 more win than the habs.

Yes i repeat 5 not 100.

Do you remember last years? We won our last 10 game and that the reason we finished 1 and not 5-6-7-8.

Ug .... Thing can be decided at the end.
The Bruins went 6-3-3 in their first 12 games for 15 points.
The Habs went 8-2-2 for 18 points.
A difference of 3 points.

Oh, and the Bruins actually have 6 more wins than the Habs.

Carry on.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

in order for the Habs to catch Boston, they'll have to stop sleeping the 1st period of every game against non contenders.

Old
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Boston has been way better. There is no skewing this unless you truly hate them beyond reason. They don't remind me of the 06-07 Habs or 07-08 Habs, more like the 88-89 Habs (who managed 115 pts. without SO or OT losses and stuff).

Old
12-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Boston has been way better. There is no skewing this unless you truly hate them beyond reason. They don't remind me of the 06-07 Habs or 07-08 Habs
They remind me of the Boston Bruins, meaning no matter how good their season is, its going to end in disappointment.

Old
12-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Have anyone of you saw Boston playing lately? This team is almost invicible. Best offence and best defence.

Old
12-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Have anyone of you saw Boston playing lately? This team is almost invicible. Best offence and best defence.
no no no no... hab fans can't say this!!!

we are just on a hot streak damnit! am i rite? tell me i'm rite

Old
12-22-2008, 12:24 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

What the hell is it with all these ****ing Bruins fans on our board?!

I just can't wait to see them hit a slump... So funny though to see their fans jump like little kids in a candy store. Enjoy it Bruins fans... hot sequences always have to end some day, and I'm going to be the first one to laugh at you when you come back to earth. Before this, well keep on fapping altogether...

And, by the way, it's correct to laugh at Eric Lindros concussions, but we should all be praying for Bergeron since he's playing for you?

I wish all the best to Patrice since he seems like a great guy and all, but I'm so happy for some reasons... Bruins fans were the first ones to laugh at Komisarek and to be all happy after their gorilla hurt him (wow! keep on hitting on a guy who just dislocated his shoulder! Tough guy!). Karma.

Keep on cheering for your "classy" little future Neely racist punk (who imitates a monkey after being challenged by Laraque. wow! classy! learn us more about class Bruins fans!).

I don't care how your team performs, I'm indifferent and I don't mind your players (minus Lucic, Ward, Ryder and your coach), but your fanbase is a total joke.

33 games don't win you a Stanley Cup. You should know this better than us... *cough* 2002 *cough* 2004.

Old
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
emb24*

the B's are good, BUT like the habs in many ways they are only as good as their 'sophomores'. they have some great young players with kessel, kreijci, lucic, wheeler, etc...

and will only go as far as these guys. savard and chara are fine...

but it will be the young guys. they also better pray the goaltending stays hot. but who cares? everyone dismissed us as paper tigers when we finished first last year. let's get better as the season goes along and make the playoffs and get a first round at home. it would be good to finally meet the B's in a semi final or final. not the quarters anymore.

and as mentioned there's still about half the season to play and the b's are done beating up on the southwest.

do i think they have more talent than habs? absolutely not. what cannot be argued right now however is that they are playing a far better team game...which means more character, better special teams and more toughness.

btw i've probably watched portions of every bruins games this year

Old
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
They remind me of the Boston Bruins, meaning no matter how good their season is, its going to end in disappointment.
Well to be fair though, they weren't this good in 2002 and 2004 and were one-dimensional. Now, their goaltending's good, their defense is solid and their offense is even better than ours from last year (3.7 GPG doesn't lie!). If the season ends in disappointment in the 2nd round, we are free to mock them but anything better and we imply the 07-08 Habs were losers too. It'd be funny to see them lose in the 1st round again, but I guess our bragging comes from our recent fortunes vs. them, plus how they've only got one series victory since 1992 and we have a cup after that (or even since 1993 we've won 4 playoff series vs. 1 by the Bruins).

Old
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
cneely

Most Bruins fans are realists. I'd be very happy to get 2, maybe 3 rounds deep into the playoffs, just to get the youngsters some experience in that intense atmosphere.

Are we better than the Habs? I don't know, we're certainly more consistent. I've said it before, but if the Habs don't pull out some stinkers versus very weak teams, we're in a tight race right now. The Bruins are simply beating the teams they should beat.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Right now there is no way we will catch up to the Bruins,they are playing great hockey for 60 minutes and we can't do that.We have a hard time scoring goals and they are scoring 5 goals a game.I really doubt we will catch them up but we will need to beat them the 3 x we play against them in order to hope

Old
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post

I just can't wait to see them hit a slump... So funny though to see their fans jump like little kids in a candy store. Enjoy it Bruins fans... hot sequences always have to end some day, and I'm going to be the first one to laugh at you when you come back to earth. Before this, well keep on fapping altogether...

And, by the way, it's correct to laugh at Eric Lindros concussions, but we should all be praying for Bergeron since he's playing for you?

I wish all the best to Patrice since he seems like a great guy and all, but I'm so happy for some reasons... Bruins fans were the first ones to laugh at Komisarek and to be all happy after their gorilla hurt him (wow! keep on hitting on a guy who just dislocated his shoulder! Tough guy!). Karma.

Keep on cheering for your "classy" little future Neely racist punk (who imitates a monkey after being challenged by Laraque. wow! classy! learn us more about class Bruins fans!).

I don't care how your team performs, I'm indifferent and I don't mind your players (minus Lucic, Ward, Ryder and your coach), but your fanbase is a total joke.

33 games don't win you a Stanley Cup. You should know this better than us... *cough* 2002 *cough* 2004.
Who laughed at Lindros? I can safely say I've never "laughed" when someone got a concussion.

How is Lucic a racist by the way? That's a claim that's going to have to go through the Mods....

Also, how is the fanbase a joke? You're basing it off <0.01%(HFboards), and making a faulty generalization.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
How is Lucic a racist by the way? That's a claim that's going to have to go through the Mods....
He just said, he made a monkey gesture toward Laraque. Did you see the word racist and ignore the rest of the post?

Old
12-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
He just said, he made a monkey gesture toward Laraque. Did you see the word racist and ignore the rest of the post?
I can't believe you agree with him. Lucic never made a monkey gesture - that's his normal posture for **** sake. He looks like that after every fight. Are you going to make fun of him for his disease too?

Old
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
No idea if you're taking about me, but I believe that I'm the Bruin fan with the most responses on this thread, so I'll take a shot.
I come here often because it's interesting to me to see the POV from the other side. Aside from that, there are several bright, articulate Habs fans here that I like conversing with.

Quote:
I really don't know what you're trying to say here, but can you honestly blame us for being excited about a 24-5 hockey club?

Quote:
Who was laughing at Lindros? I think it's a shame, the guy had all the talent to be one of the all time greats. I don't think it's funny personally, and if someone does it's their personal shortcoming, it's not because they're a Bruins fan.

Quote:
I'm to lazy to go dig it up, but there was a thread on the Bruins board right after the fight in which pretty much every poster on the Bruins board expressed respect for Komisarek for standing up for himself, and regret that he was injured. I won't lie to you, if it hurts the Habs, and their quest to pass us in the standings, I don't mind Komisarek missing some games, but I don't like seeing anyone get hurt.

Quote:
I guess you see what you want to see. I saw Lucic imitate a gorilla, because that's what George is, a big gorilla. No racist undertones whatsoever. If you knew anything about Lucic, you'd know he's not that kind of person.
And yes, many posters on the Bruins board could teach you (specifically, not Habs fans in general) a little about class.

Quote:
Way to generalize. It's really too bad. I hear it all the time on the Bruins board:

"Your board is that way"
"Why are you posting on the Bruins board"
"Get lost Scabs fan"

and I think that a lot of people are missing out on some intelligent conversation from some very bright articulate Habs fans.
Not you, specifically, but many others.

Quote:
I don't think you see anyone with half a brain cell planning the parade. It is what it is, a good start that gives us a leg up on getting home ice advantage throughout the playoffs, and that's certainly not a bad thing.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Most Bruins fans are realists. I'd be very happy to get 2, maybe 3 rounds deep into the playoffs, just to get the youngsters some experience in that intense atmosphere.

Are we better than the Habs? I don't know, we're certainly more consistent. I've said it before, but if the Habs don't pull out some stinkers versus very weak teams, we're in a tight race right now. The Bruins are simply beating the teams they should beat.
If all Bruins fans made sense as much as you do, we'd be living is paradise

EDIT: Should have read your other post before writting this... calling Laraque a gorilla

Quote:
Who laughed at Lindros? I can safely say I've never "laughed" when someone got a concussion.

Also, how is the fanbase a joke? You're basing it off <0.01%(HFboards), and making a faulty generalization.
Lucic imitated a monkey after being challenged by Laraque. Which is not a really clever thing to do. Call us classless as much as you wish, I don't care if the mods give me a warning, I saw him do this from my own eyes and some medias even re-played the tape after the game, so call me crazy as much as you wish, I saw it very well.

Oh, and by the way, you my dear are not helping the Bruins fans' reputation around here. Stay on your boards, and we'll not disturb you. However, when you come on OUR board to brag and say the Habs have no chance to beat the all mighty Bruins, well don't expect to be applauded.

If I get a warning for calling Lucic racist, this is a joke.

Last edited by HamrlikTheStud*: 12-22-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Closed Thread