HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Boston catchable?

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
If all Bruins fans made sense as much as you do, we'd be living is paradise

Lucic imitated a monkey after being challenged by Laraque. Which is not a really clever thing to do. Call us classless as much as you wish, I don't care if the mods give me a warning, I saw him do this from my own eyes and some medias even re-played the tape after the game, so call me crazy as much as you wish, I saw it very well.

Oh, and by the way, you my dear are not helping the Bruins fans' reputation around here. Stay on your boards, and we'll not disturb you. However, when you come on OUR board to brag and say the Habs have no chance to beat the all mighty Bruins, well don't expect to be applauded.

If I get a warning for calling Lucic racist, this is a joke.
No one in this thread is bragging. In fact, it's called a serious discussion, something that seldom happens on HF anymore (this place used to be awesome 4 years ago).

The problem is, fans of both teams are unable to have an adult discussion with other fans, and that's depressing. I hate when both Bruins and Habs fans quickly dismiss other people as trolls, but what can you do?

Old
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
I can't believe you agree with him. Lucic never made a monkey gesture - that's his normal posture for **** sake. He looks like that after every fight. Are you going to make fun of him for his disease too?
I was talking about the game after Komisarek got hurt, where he was doing like a gorilla screaming with his mouth going back to the bench after being challenged by Laraque. Everybody saw it, don't fool yourself.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
cneely

Quote:
Many do, you just seem to have some very selective memory.

Quote:
Lucic imitated a monkey after being challenged by Laraque. Which is not a really clever thing to do. Call us classless as much as you wish, I don't care if the mods give me a warning, I saw him do this from my own eyes and some medias even re-played the tape after the game, so call me crazy as much as you wish, I saw it very well.
I saw it, as he was skating to the bench. Like I said, you see what you want to see.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, you my dear are not helping the Bruins fans' reputation around here. Stay on your boards, and we'll not disturb you. However, when you come on OUR board to brag and say the Habs have no chance to beat the all mighty Bruins, well don't expect to be applauded.
Is there one reply from a Bruins fan in this thread that says that?
If so, I missed it. There are in fact, several Habs fans saying that though...

Quote:
It's a serious charge, and I don't think it's true, but given his actions, I could understand someone feeling like that was his intention.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

I'm out of this thread.

Wake me up when fans stay on their boards.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
I was talking about the game after Komisarek got hurt, where he was doing like a gorilla screaming with his mouth going back to the bench after being challenged by Laraque. Everybody saw it, don't fool yourself.

That does not look like a gorilla to me. You are really reaching by calling that a racist action. Wow....

Old
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
cneely

Quote:

That does not look like a gorilla to me. You are really reaching by calling that a racist action. Wow....
Not what he's referring to Vic.
It was in the next game after being challenged by Laraque, while skating back to the bench.

Old
mcphee

Quote:

He's refrring to a different incident in the Mtl game where he did a little act on the way to the bench. I was told that he wasn't poking fun at Laraque by someone I believe, so I left it at that.

Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

over ,500

Boston 3-4 Minnesota L
Boston 3-4 Montreal L (SO)
Boston 1-2 Pittsburg L (SO)
Boston 2-3 Buffalo L (SO)
Boston 1-0 Vancouver W
Boston 2-3 Calgary L
Boston 3-1 Buffalo W
Boston 2-1 Chicago W (SO)
Boston 6-1 Montreal W
Boston 2-3 New York L (SO)
Boston 7-4 Buffalo W
Boston 4-2 Florida W
Boston 3-2 Montreal W (SO)
Boston 2-3 Buffalo L
Boston 4-1 Detroit W
Boston 4-0 Florida W
Boston 1-3 washington L
Boston 4-2 Carolina W

10-4-4 54 GF (3.00 GFPG) 39 GA (2.17 GAPG)

,500 and under

Boston 5-4 Colorado W
Boston 4-2 Ottawa W
Boston 2-4 Toronto L
Boston 5-4 Atlanta W
Boston 1-0 Edmonton W (OT)
Boston 5-1 Dallas W
Boston 5-2 Toronto W
Boston 3-2 Toronro W
Boston 7-2 Long Island W
Boston 3-1 Tampa Bay W
Boston 5-3 Tampa Bay W
Boston 7-3 Atlanta W
Boston 4-2 Atlanta W
Boston 8-5 Toronto W

13-1-0 64 GF (4,57) 35 GA (2.50)

We'll see what Boston is really made of after the ASG, they will go up against Washington, New Jersey, New York, Montreal, Philly, Ottawa (weakest team in that run), Philly, San Jose, New Jersey, Nashville, Carolina, Florida

Only one team out of 12 is under ,500 in that stretch.

Until then, 9 of their next 14 are against teams over ,500

So the next 26 games will really show us if the Ruins are good or just good at banking off weak teams.

Oh yeah, and Lucic is a monkey faced poooooossy who runs away from a fight.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:01 AM
cneely

Quote:
I'm out of this thread.

Wake me up when fans stay on their boards.
If that's enforced, we'll all be worse, off.
Like I said, many fans of rival teams can carry on intelligent conversations, and repect each others opionions. I enjoy seeing the other perspective.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:01 AM
BlackGoldandSilver

Can the Habs catch the Bruins?

I come in peace.

At some point this season, the Bruins' key injuries (Bergeron, Sturm, Ferrence, Ward) added to the youth of this team will catch up with them. The pace at which we are winning has alot to do with great play from our young forwards-but it also has alot to do with our schedule. We beat the teams we should beat. Since beating Detroit, we have played TB twice, ATL twice, FLA once, CAR, STL and TOR. We have won all these games. The only game that we lost, was to the only real formidable opponent in the Caps.

Having said that, our offense is very deep. Our goalies are both excellent. If the Habs are to catch the Bruins, which is definitely possible this early in the season, the B's will have to slow down. No matter how well you guys play, if we continue to handily beat these teams the way we have been, it doesnt look likely.

Big couple games against NJ and PIT in the next 2 weeks. Should tell alot about our young squad

Old
12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
over ,500

Boston 3-4 Minnesota L
Boston 3-4 Montreal L (SO)
Boston 1-2 Pittsburg L (SO)
Boston 2-3 Buffalo L (SO)
Boston 1-0 Vancouver W
Boston 2-3 Calgary L
Boston 3-1 Buffalo W
Boston 2-1 Chicago W (SO)
Boston 6-1 Montreal W
Boston 2-3 New York L (SO)
Boston 7-4 Buffalo W
Boston 4-2 Florida W
Boston 3-2 Montreal W (SO)
Boston 2-3 Buffalo L
Boston 4-1 Detroit W
Boston 4-0 Florida W
Boston 1-3 washington L
Boston 4-2 Carolina W

10-4-4 54 GF (3.00 GFPG) 39 GA (2.17 GAPG)

,500 and under

Boston 5-4 Colorado W
Boston 4-2 Ottawa W
Boston 2-4 Toronto L
Boston 5-4 Atlanta W
Boston 1-0 Edmonton W (OT)
Boston 5-1 Dallas W
Boston 5-2 Toronto W
Boston 3-2 Toronro W
Boston 7-2 Long Island W
Boston 3-1 Tampa Bay W
Boston 5-3 Tampa Bay W
Boston 7-3 Atlanta W
Boston 4-2 Atlanta W
Boston 8-5 Toronto W

13-1-0 64 GF (4,57) 35 GA (2.50)

We'll see what Boston is really made of after the ASG, they will go up against Washington, New Jersey, New York, Montreal, Philly, Ottawa (weakest team in that run), Philly, San Jose, New Jersey, Nashville, Carolina, Florida

Only one team out of 12 is under ,500 in that stretch.

Until then, 9 of their next 14 are against teams over ,500

So the next 26 games will really show us if the Ruins are good or just good at banking off weak teams.
I've been saying for a while, they've benefitted from a very weak December sched. Remember though, they've played far more road games than home, and are in the midst of a 5 game road trip. Their chance against those better teams is much better at home.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and Lucic is a monkey faced poooooossy who runs away from a fight.
Heh. The Habs have one one player who could likely take Lucic in a fight, and he's a 4th line goon who averages 7 minutes a night while Lucic plays 15.
He's a pooosy all right, a poooosy who leads the league in hits while putting up more points than all but 3 of your forwards.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGoldandSilver View Post
I come in peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGoldandSilver View Post
no troll
It took just two posts, his first and his second, for the "I'm being mature here, no trolling" attitude to wear off. Unbelievable.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidFire View Post
Yes, they are since seeing how 16 of Boston's 23 wins are against non-playoff teams and their record against playoff teams is 7-7, they're clearly producing many wins off subpar teams. Their easy schedule is helping them alot.

Dont worry, they will eventually play how they were destined to this season and they'll start losing as much as they will win. And unsurprisingly, they will play another subpar team Sunday night... currently in last place in the west, the St. Louis Blues
Wow thanks for the stats, I didn't know that. But to be honest who cares if we dont catch the Ruins.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
cneely

Quote:

EDIT: Should have read your other post before writting this... calling Laraque a gorilla

Gorilla, bear, hippo, whatever. The point is a big strong fighter. Problem?

Old
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
He's a pooosy all right, a poooosy who leads the league in hits while putting up more points than all but 3 of your forwards.
...And Komisarek lead the league in hits last year as well as blocked shots, and that didn't stop Bruins fans from calling him a *****...

Please stop. Lucic is a *****. He wants to fight Komisarek who is not a good fighter, but won't drop 'em against Laraque because he knows he will get killed, especially after taunting him.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
...And Komisarek lead the league in hits last year as well as blocked shots, and that didn't stop Bruins fans from calling him a *****...
Not this one. Komisarek is tough as hell, and any intelligent hockey fan knows that.

Quote:
Please stop. Lucic is a *****. He wants to fight Komisarek who is not a good fighter, but won't drop 'em against Laraque because he knows he will get killed, especially after taunting him.

Wow. So you see no difference between Lucic wanting to fight Komi, and Laraque wanting to fight Lucic? Was it Thornton who wanted to fight Komisarek all year last year? Um, no.

FWIW, Lucic's dance card includes guys like Boulton, Ivanans and Brookbank. He's no heavyweight, but he certainly doesn't back down from anyone.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Not this one. Komisarek is tough as hell, and any intelligent hockey fan knows that.

Wow. So you see no difference between Lucic wanting to fight Komi, and Laraque wanting to fight Lucic? Was it Thornton who wanted to fight Komisarek all year last year? Um, no.

FWIW, Lucic's dance card includes guys like Boulton, Ivanans and Brookbank. He's no heavyweight, but he certainly doesn't back down from anyone not named Laraque.
Fixed

Old
12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
smon

Boston is definitely catchable.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Fixed
We'll see. I fully expect that they'll go at some point, but like Komisarek, Lucic is a very important piece of our hockey club, so it'll have to be when a game is out of reach one way or another.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Yes they are catchable and they did have a weak December. They did have a tough schedule with 7 games in 10 days with some back-to-backs but there will be some tough games coming.

Washington, Philly are teams I akm keeping my eye on. They look pretty solid.

Pittsburgh will get going when their D come back.

NYR....I don't think they are as good as they appear.

MTL...always a threat. Need some consistency. It will happen and its just a matter of when. Carbo sure juggles his lines alot.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
LyleOdelein

If this team gets healthy and rolling, I fully expect a second half similar to last year's. If that happens, they will be close to Boston.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:

EDIT: Should have read your other post before writting this... calling Laraque a gorilla

Lucic never immitated a monkey, Lucic just immitated the crowd booing him, everybody knew it. I was realy embarassed by the journalisy who brought that up, for me he was the racist guy. Actualy Lucic was realy funny when he taunted the crowd.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Sharp Skates

Quote:
FWIW, Lucic's dance card includes guys like Boulton, Ivanans and Brookbank. He's no heavyweight, but he certainly doesn't back down from anyone.

Komisarek's includes Brashear, Hartnell, Neil, Handzus and Godard while not being as good a fighter as Lucic and probably knowing it.

So really, it's hard to say Lucic has more guts than Komisarek since it's the other way around.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Lucic never immitated a monkey, Lucic just immitated the crowd booing him, everybody knew it. I was realy embarassed by the journalisy who brought that up, for me he was the racist guy. Actualy Lucic was realy funny when he taunted the crowd.
as much as i disliked what he did after he fought Komi, the league needs more players like him.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Skates View Post
Komisarek's includes Brashear, Hartnell, Neil, Handzus and Godard while not being as good a fighter as Lucic and probably knowing it.

So really, it's hard to say Lucic has more guts than Komisarek since it's the other way around.
I'm not sure where you read someone saying Lucic has more guts than Komi??? :shrug

Komi's a tough customer, I have a lot of respect for him. Never mind the fights, the fact that he leads the league every year in blocked shots is enough to tell you how tough he is.

Closed Thread