DownInFlames

vCash: 500
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
sonetlumiere

hilarious. peace to blogging, ek should be a comedian.

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Wouldn't go that far. If the org feels that Boyd and Pardy are adequate replacements for Lombardi and Vandermeer, then it's not totally impossible that those names are being discussed. My personal take is that Lombardi's speed and Vandermeer's toughness are valuable assets, and their less-experienced teammates aren't ready to step up with more expanded roles yet.

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob View Post
Wouldn't go that far. If the org feels that Boyd and Pardy are adequate replacements for Lombardi and Vandermeer, then it's not totally impossible that those names are being discussed. My personal take is that Lombardi's speed and Vandermeer's toughness are valuable assets, and their less-experienced teammates aren't ready to step up with more expanded roles yet.
I was more or less referring to Ek getting something right.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 01:38 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
this would be a horrible horrible trade for the Preds, no way would anything closely resembling this happen

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Lunatik*

from what I keep hearing from Preds fans he gets stuff about them quite often... that is one place he really does have a source... I'm not so sure about the pieces... but I believe there is talks

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Noori

Why do we need Rinne? McE proved in Detroit that he's an adequate backup... unless Sutter wants to give Kipper a finnish friend lol?

Why do we trade Vandermeer for DeVries? Well, actually, this is the only piece of the trade that makes sense for the Flames.

Why do we want the right's to a Russian who's already bailed? Doesn't make sense to me so Sutter probably would have just laughed.

And I'm not interested in giving up Lombo. He's a solid two-way player with a decent contract. After that contract is up and we don't need him, then we can let him go.

It also looks like an 'meh' deal for the Preds. They give up a solid goaltender and a solid defensemen for a solid two-way forward, a solid enforcer/defensemen, and a pick.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 04:49 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Just doesn't make any sense to me. Goaltending depth is one of the strong points in this organization so why add a guy like Rinne. On the other side why would Nashville trade him? Isn't he there goaltender for the future.

Supposedly Radulov would need to clear waivers to come back so I don't why we'd trade for his rights when he'd get claimed if he wanted to come back to the NHL. I'm not an Eklund hater like the majority of people, but this trade makes zero sense to me from either side.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Lunatik*

I can't believe some of you would say no to that trade... Nashville would get absolutely sodomized

Old
12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
PIMking

Why in the hell would anyone do this?

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Just doesn't make any sense to me. Goaltending depth is one of the strong points in this organization so why add a guy like Rinne. On the other side why would Nashville trade him? Isn't he there goaltender for the future.

Supposedly Radulov would need to clear waivers to come back so I don't why we'd trade for his rights when he'd get claimed if he wanted to come back to the NHL. I'm not an Eklund hater like the majority of people, but this trade makes zero sense to me from either side.
actually it does makes sense for the Flames in a way... we have both Bertuzzi and Cammalleri headed for free agency... there is a chance the cap is going down... Radulov is not eligible to play this season but I think he could owe a year on his contract should he return to North America next season... so the Flames could essentially replace Cammalleri for 1 season with a guy making less than a million... it sheds Vandermeer's contract for next season... its frees up salary and a roster spot by moving Lombardi... and more importantly it really makes one of out goaltenders expendable so we could use one as a key piece in a trade to land a good rental player...

you know if you want to look at it logically

Old
12-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I want no part of Radulov, nor do I want to give up Lombardi and a pick to do so.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
actually it does makes sense for the Flames in a way... we have both Bertuzzi and Cammalleri headed for free agency... there is a chance the cap is going down... Radulov is not eligible to play this season but I think he could owe a year on his contract should he return to North America next season... so the Flames could essentially replace Cammalleri for 1 season with a guy making less than a million... it sheds Vandermeer's contract for next season... its frees up salary and a roster spot by moving Lombardi... and more importantly it really makes one of out goaltenders expendable so we could use one as a key piece in a trade to land a good rental player...

you know if you want to look at it logically
Except you missed the most important part in the fact that Radulov would need to clear waivers and there is no chance he hell he would.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Miko

*sigh*This deal makes no sense .

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Except you missed the most important part in the fact that Radulov would need to clear waivers and there is no chance he hell he would.
if such a thing happened radulov wouldn't join the team until next season then he wouldnt have to clear waivers unless he plays a pro game over there next season

Old
12-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Split98

I'm getting pretty worried and frustrated about all these Lombardi trades. I'm a HUGE Lombardi fan (one of my favorites... was a rookie jersey purchaser) but my bias aside... I honestly think we're sitting on an egg. Sure, I agree the egg could be a non-hatcher... but it's a good egg to sit on none the less.

I would loose my mind if this trade happened. The only player on that entire team I have any interest in seeing in red is Weber. Everyone else can stay there.

Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 02:24 PM
AndersEriksson*

Poor sodomized Nashville losing all those KHL goals

Maybe we could do Rene for Zaripov and sign Morozov too eh loony? Lord knows nothing spells Flames hockey like a greedy Russian floater.

Last edited by AndersEriksson*: 12-25-2008 at 02:30 PM.
AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Nope, Jeremy Smith and Chat Pickard are their go-to-guys.
With Jeremy Smith developing slower than expected respectively making a step backwards this year, though, it seems, that the Preds' goaltending hopes rely on Chat Pickard.

As for the trade, I would do it in a heartbeat, as I don't see Lombardi cracking the top-six anytime soon. Our depth on C is great, while a top-six winger of Radulov's calibre wouldn't hurt the team. Radulov is a heart and soul player and although people try to depict the picture of the greedy Russian and tag him as another hustler, I can see him fit nicely into the Flames' system.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Nope, Jeremy Smith and Chat Pickard are their go-to-guys.
With Jeremy Smith developing slower than expected respectively making a step backwards this year, though, it seems, that the Preds' goaltending hopes rely on Chat Pickard.

As for the trade, I would do it in a heartbeat, as I don't see Lombardi cracking the top-six anytime soon. Our depth on C is great, while a top-six winger of Radulov's calibre wouldn't hurt the team. Radulov is a heart and soul player and although people try to depict the picture of the greedy Russian and tag him as another hustler, I can see him fit nicely into the Flames' system.
If you don't think Rinne is their goaltender of the future then you are seriously delusional. I mean really... they have been waiting and waiting for Rinne to be ready thinking he could be the next all-star Preds goaltender. Now he is starting to look like that is the case, he is NHL ready and is ever improving, this kid is going to be a star in this league and the Preds know it.

Old
12-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Drafting Smith and especially Chat Pickard in last year's draft seems to prove otherwise. Rinne's emergence is a nice and welcome side effect for the Preds.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 06:01 PM
OffTheCrossBar*

Its Ecklund..does any of his rumors come true?

OffTheCrossBar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Drafting Smith and especially Chat Pickard in last year's draft seems to prove otherwise. Rinne's emergence is a nice and welcome side effect for the Preds.
drafting goaltenders doesn't prove anything... you should draft the best available player regardless of position... and goaltenders usually take 4-5 years to be ready... in 4-5 years Rinne could be an all-star and due for a big raise they can't afford... or perhaps he blows out a knee and has to retire... or maybe he will just need a decent backup... teams always need more goaltenders

Old
12-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheCrossBar View Post
Its Ecklund..does any of his rumors come true?
read below... or maybe just read a whole tread they aren't long in the Flames section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
from what I keep hearing from Preds fans he gets stuff about them quite often... that is one place he really does have a source... I'm not so sure about the pieces... but I believe there is talks

Old
12-27-2008, 12:49 AM
AndersEriksson*

Read below for smart statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersEriksson View Post
Poor sodomized Nashville losing all those KHL goals

Maybe we could do Rene for Zaripov and sign Morozov too eh loony? Lord knows nothing spells Flames hockey like a greedy Russian floater.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote