HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3rd line C?

Old
12-21-2008, 01:24 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
i would have rather sather pikced up jussi jokinen and sent korpikoski back down and traded prucha/fritsche for a pick to anyone.....

although this team needs some size, i still think armstrong from ATL would be a good addition for the third line if they deem the callahan-dubinsky-drury line is wirth keeping together and they need a center.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
He could replace B Betts as 4th line center with Sjo and voros/Orr on the wings and definitely bring up the squandering production on that unit while still bringing very nice defensive assets into the game...
Betts has produced more than Lundqvist and he's making less money. Does Betts really need replacing?

12-21-2008, 01:48 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Why does this team need a 3rd line center? We have one of the best (most overpaid) 3rd line centers in the game. Our Captain, Chris Drury.
So true.

Remember when we used to say that Matt Cullen was a good, expensive 3rd line C? Seems like a bargain now.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so when the deadline comes and they deal Kalinin and also get a 3rd line C i will say i told ya so,haha.............tick tock :-)
Dont hold your breath. The most glaring need all season has been another winger that can score.

Renney has recently been quoted as saying that they may need to bolster the blue line as well.

Adding a 3rd line center does not and will not fit into any equation.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Fletch

Singn' - I agree on Betts. Why is everyone looking to replace this guy? I agree that his offense isn't there. We all know that. We all know he doesn't have a creative bone in his body. But that's not what he's here for and when the team employs Gomez, Drury and Dubi as its top three centermen, we notice Betts' shortcomings a bit less. I also agree that when he plays 12+ minutes per night the expectations are raised, but honestly, I can't blame Betts if this team is short wingers so a centerman has to play wing or if this team's top three lines can't put the biscuit in the basket. Ideally, Betts plays 8-10 minutes per night and scores 5-7 goals per season. That's what a fourth liner does. If he's not playing in his role, I can't put the blame on him and call for his replacement.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
I would love to get Joel Lundqvist on this team, but he far from the only thing that we need. We still need a second line winger. And we need to get rid of Kalinin!
why would we love to have Joel Lundqvist? We need SCORING...he has 6 goals in 101 NHL games. I had to post this in the Tkachuk thread too where Lundqvist was suggested. I dont understand what it is about this guy, besides having a famous brother.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

A good offense is a good defense, and a good defense is a good offense.

So let's just call our offense our defense and our defense our offense, then our offense can stop their defense and our defense can stop their offense.

Now if our defense can't stop their defense, then we should call them our offense.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 01:14 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
A good offense is a good defense, and a good defense is a good offense.

So let's just call our offense our defense and our defense our offense, then our offense can stop their defense and our defense can stop their offense.

Now if our defense can't stop their defense, then we should call them our offense.
Our defense can't stop their defense...hence all the SH goals against

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote