HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov to Pittsburgh

Old
12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatonRougePen25 View Post
Maybe he sees an opportunity to get paid and Pittsburgh, in need of bigger wingers, has money to spend in the summer whereas they do not right now.

If he is as good as y'all are making him, why isn't Toronto making more of an effort to sign him?
Who knows maybe they are, maybe the new GM is taking time to evauate the team and the old one didnt want to sadle the incoming gm with long term deals. But really Antropov has much more value to a team looking to win now then 1 trying to start a rebuild

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
he definitely wouldn't be our Best Defensive forward.
Given that role, he would be quite easily.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Oh no kidding, I think the original idea of who was supposedly available in odd's eyes was stupid enough. I mean Kennedy? Does he even watch Penguins games or is he like some fake Pens fan posting annoying trade proposals to annoy us?

A first for Antropov? No
Wait till after July 1st and call Antropov? Yes.

That's how I see it with acquiring him.
I dont see him signing with another team in the summer unless he has played there before. He isnt the kinda guy to just go for the money. He loves playing in Toronto and Canada(apparently he loves the fishing in northern Ontario). Really the only teams I see having a good chance to sign him would be Toronto, what ever team h plays with after a trade and maybe Vancouver is they resign Sundin.

Old
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Given that role, he would be quite easily.
Why would the Pens acquire him for that role?

Why is this even a selling point for Antropov coming to the Pens? I mean it's nice to know he's defensively responsible...but he's not as good defensively as Jordan Staal...regardless of what role he's given.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Why would the Pens acquire him for that role?

Why is this even a selling point for Antropov coming to the Pens? I mean it's nice to know he's defensively responsible...but he's not as good defensively as Jordan Staal...regardless of what role he's given.
So every team only can have or needs 1 2 way forward now?

Old
12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
vcx*

Quote:
I d Like to have Antropov but I dont think Shero will give up another First if thats what its going to take.
Unless there was a deal where Shero can acquire a couple of young wing prospects and a stud winger as well, I don't see him throwing away a 1st this year as well. The draft is very deep in potential NHL talent, this is one of those years where you keep that 1st unless that first scenario I pointed out were to somehow present itself.

Highly unlikely, so I hope he hangs on to it.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
So every team only can have or needs 1 2 way forward now?
Like I said "It's nice to know he's defensively responsible"...but let's not pretend to drive his value up by claiming he'd instantly become this team's best defensive forward. He wouldn't.

The Pens need a scoring winger...which Antropov may be...they have enough depth at "2-way forwards" that they it isn't really a deal breaker either way.

But yea...he's not as good as Staal defensively. You can also toss guys like Crosby, Talbot and Dupuis as better...but that's a matter of opinion and I'm sure we see things differently.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:35 PM
vcx*

Quote:
I dont see him signing with another team in the summer unless he has played there before. He isnt the kinda guy to just go for the money. He loves playing in Toronto and Canada(apparently he loves the fishing in northern Ontario). Really the only teams I see having a good chance to sign him would be Toronto, what ever team h plays with after a trade and maybe Vancouver is they resign Sundin.
And he told you this personally? Cool.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
And he told you this personally? Cool.
Fine believe what ever you want. you obviously know more about the team and players I follow and pay atention to on a daily basis.

Old
12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Like I said "It's nice to know he's defensively responsible"...but let's not pretend to drive his value up by claiming he'd instantly become this team's best defensive forward. He wouldn't.

The Pens need a scoring winger...which Antropov may be...they have enough depth at "2-way forwards" that they it isn't really a deal breaker either way.

But yea...he's not as good as Staal defensively. You can also toss guys like Crosby, Talbot and Dupuis as better...but that's a matter of opinion and I'm sure we see things differently.
I have never said he was better defensively then Staal infact if you read up you will see that I corrected the poster that said that. Antro would be a scoring winger but the fact that he is defensively responsible does add to his value.

Old
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
wej20

Malkin and Gonchar like fishing to,so that solves that problem.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Malkin and Gonchar like fishing to,so that solves that problem.
Maybe it does who knows. After he resigns with the Leafs maybe they can go on a fishing trip with him.

there is no credible reason to think that the Pens would be the front runner for Antropov as a free agent. There is reason to think Toronto would be one of the front runners.
And like I said If the pens dont want Antopov one of the other playoff teams will.

Old
12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
ugotmybeef*

a 2nd and a good to top prospect is fair. Ignore the Jordan Staal and 1st round pick crap. He's producing with Matty Stajan as his center, he's putting up points on his own, not leaching from Mats.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
wej20

if he re-signs with the Leafs then Malkin and Gonchar withdraw there offer.

Old
12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
if he re-signs with the Leafs then Malkin and Gonchar withdraw there offer.
LMAO ok that really did make me laugh

Old
12-22-2008, 04:07 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark144 View Post
If we gave up a first for Antropov Shero should be fired. Antropov? We want Antropov? Why?????????? He sucks

I'm sure you noticed that sucky player racking up a goal and 2 assists whilst we ***** you guys on saturday.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
yes, he would be.

Quote:
Antropov is better than any forward on your team not named Crosby or Malkin.

Quote:
yes, he's better than all of those guys defensively.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Ugene Malkin
Because....

Quote:
Antropov's a natural center isn't he?

I don't see him being the right fit in Pittsburgh...especially at his inflated value right now. I'd rather look at other options before overpaying for Antropov.
He makes 1.450 less than Satan while having the around the same amount of points and a prediction of 60+ points..He is an up grade Cap wise for either Feds or Satan...I think if they wont take a body on to get us under the cap, we just do the deal and give Eaton away for a 5th and be done with it..

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
He makes 1.450 less than Satan while having the around the same amount of points and a prediction of 60+ points..He is an up grade Cap wise for either Feds or Satan...I think if they wont take a body on to get us under the cap, we just do the deal and give Eaton away for a 5th and be done with it..
Antropov has the around the same points as Satan without the greatest player in the world passing him the puck. And the Leafs will take salary back as long as it isnt a long term deal.

And Antropov can play both wings which helps with your team weak on the left side.

Old
12-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Ugene Malkin
Because....

Quote:
Oh no kidding, I think the original idea of who was supposedly available in odd's eyes was stupid enough. I mean Kennedy? Does he even watch Penguins games or is he like some fake Pens fan posting annoying trade proposals to annoy us?

A first for Antropov? No
Wait till after July 1st and call Antropov? Yes.

That's how I see it with acquiring him.
Go back and read the OP!.....and he is not a untouchable on this team. Not if it is an upgrade....just has to warrant giving him up...

Go wait at home till july then, the rest of us would like them to be deep in the playoffs this year. Antropov is a decent player to go after and not give up the farm to do it.. with this deal, there is still a deadline deal that can be done after this one. thats how small this deal is...Look at his cap hit at only 2.050, its better than Feds or Satans...If you are one of the lets wait till summer kinda guys, it will come early!!!

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 05:18 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
yes, he would be.

Antropov is better than any forward on your team not named Crosby or Malkin.

yes, he's better than all of those guys defensively.
I ll agree that he would most likely become our third best forward on the Pens, but to say he is better than all those guys defensively is just stupid, he probably would be one of of our top defensive guys but I think your ridiculous underating Crosby,Dupuis,Talbot and Staal.Toronto PK is 28th in the league right now so lets not make Antropov out to be a defensive Juggernaught.

Old
12-22-2008, 05:49 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
Go back and read the OP!.....and he is not a untouchable on this team. Not if it is an upgrade....just has to warrant giving him up...

Go wait at home till july then, the rest of us would like them to be deep in the playoffs this year. Antropov is a decent player to go after and not give up the farm to do it.. with this deal, there is still a deadline deal that can be done after this one. thats how small this deal is...Look at his cap hit at only 2.050, its better than Feds or Satans...If you are one of the lets wait till summer kinda guys, it will come early!!!
I agree, the Pens need to upgrade their wingers now and I think Antropov is a good target. He's the big body that we need, is in his prime, good defensively, and wouldn't break the bank to re-sign.

Ponikarovsky is a big guy too, Leafs fans how would you describe his game? Is he as physical as Antropov?

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I agree, the Pens need to upgrade their wingers now and I think Antropov is a good target. He's the big body that we need, is in his prime, good defensively, and wouldn't break the bank to re-sign.

Ponikarovsky is a big guy too, Leafs fans how would you describe his game? Is he as physical as Antropov?
Poni is kinda a poor mans Antropov. He does most of the stuff Nik does just not as well. He is good on the borads and in the corners, he is good in his own end, he is ok about getting in front of the opposition goalie. He doesnt have the greatest shot or nearly the same hockey sense as Antro. but he is still a decent player. Better then alot of the options you have at forward right now.

Old
12-22-2008, 06:38 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Poni is kinda a poor mans Antropov. He does most of the stuff Nik does just not as well. He is good on the borads and in the corners, he is good in his own end, he is ok about getting in front of the opposition goalie. He doesnt have the greatest shot or nearly the same hockey sense as Antro. but he is still a decent player. Better then alot of the options you have at forward right now.
Cool, thanks man. What's his contract situation? And if you were the GM of Toronto what would you ask for in return for Alex?

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Cool, thanks man. What's his contract situation? And if you were the GM of Toronto what would you ask for in return for Alex?
One more year at 2.1m after this one.
he has averaged 20 goals a season over the last 3 years and is on pace for 25 goals and 58 points this year.
I'd think he would be worth about the same as Hal Gill was last season. A second and a later rounder or a second and a average prospect a bit more if you want the leafs to take back salary.(nothing long term)