HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montoya update

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2004, 12:38 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Montoya update

according to al's mom, he will be returning to michigan for atleast 1 more year

http://michiganhockey.net/news.php?a...mments=1&id=38

Old
07-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Bure9*

Good news. Time for Blackie to step up

Old
07-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Ocelot

Yeah this is good he is going back to school. I hope he stays for the 2 years.

Old
07-24-2004, 05:38 PM
NYR2

Good, I was hoping he'd go back to school.

Old
07-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Tjan9

Montoya

here's some more on Al's decision.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...ntoya_0247.htm

Old
07-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Edge

Peronally I think Montoya is staying for only one more {esp. if Michigan wins it all}.

Having said that, making one last year is a lot easier to do than making up. He could finish up his final year in back to back summer school sessions probably.

Old
07-25-2004, 03:51 AM
BrooklynCanuck

I'm not high on Montoya. But I'd hate to see him thrown to the wolves.

It's good that he's going back to school. I am a huge Blackburn fan, and I'm still pissed about how they chose to develop him.

Old
07-25-2004, 04:58 AM
Edge

I think there is still time to develop him if they want....but that is ever the eternal question with this team.

Brooklyn Canuck, what was your SN before hand. With 2700 posts i know you've been around a while but i can't place you.

Old
07-25-2004, 06:57 AM
dumpsathernow*

There was nothing that bad about how they developed Blackburn. It wasn't there fault Richter got hurt and Blackburn had to play 18 games in a row. The biggest 2 problems I had with the way the Rangers handled blackburn were the following.

1. They didn't hire a real coach so the defense in front of him remained horrible.
2. They never got him a freakin goalie coach.

Blackburn is as mentally tough as any young goalie I have seen in a long time. Nothing bothers him. Nothing that happened to him his first 2 years will have a negative affect on him. It will only make him stronger on his way to becoming a superstar goaltender. Now that he has this goalie coach I expect him to quickly take his place among the elite goalies in the sport.

Old
07-25-2004, 11:08 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackisback
There was nothing that bad about how they developed Blackburn. It wasn't there fault Richter got hurt and Blackburn had to play 18 games in a row. The biggest 2 problems I had with the way the Rangers handled blackburn were the following.

1. They didn't hire a real coach so the defense in front of him remained horrible.
2. They never got him a freakin goalie coach.

Blackburn is as mentally tough as any young goalie I have seen in a long time. Nothing bothers him. Nothing that happened to him his first 2 years will have a negative affect on him. It will only make him stronger on his way to becoming a superstar goaltender. Now that he has this goalie coach I expect him to quickly take his place among the elite goalies in the sport.
it IS their fault that they didn't have another goalie to step in and help when richter got hurt and it is also their fault that they didn't go get help after he got hurt...you also ignore the fact that richter got hurt every single year for the last 4 years so anyone with common sense would have know that to be on the safe side to protect blackburn, they need to be prepared for another injury...

and you are also ignoring the fact that blackburn shouldn't have been in the nhl in the first place...he should have been sent back to juniors where he could develop properly

Old
07-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
it IS their fault that they didn't have another goalie to step in and help when richter got hurt and it is also their fault that they didn't go get help after he got hurt...you also ignore the fact that richter got hurt every single year for the last 4 years so anyone with common sense would have know that to be on the safe side to protect blackburn, they need to be prepared for another injury...

and you are also ignoring the fact that blackburn shouldn't have been in the nhl in the first place...he should have been sent back to juniors where he could develop properly

I think Blackburn deserved to be in the NHL. He had a great camp and exhibited the poise of an NHL goaltender. It's unfortunate that Richter went down again, but for the thrid year in a row it was a freak accident. That's why I think the Rangers were so ill prepared for it. It's not like Richter had a bum back or something. The injuries that befell him were the result of freak, unforeseen occurrances. I mean, the injuries that knocked him out would have had the same effect on any player in the league. It wasn't like he was Lindros in a sense that he was hurt by something that wouldn't have phased an ordinary player. His SKULL was fractured. You don't plan for that. That's not a injury suffered only by those with injury problems. It wasn't the Rangers fault for not validating the density of Richter's skull. Blackburn showed excellent skills that year, so why change it. He earned the back-up role and it would have been more detrimental to send him back to the juniors his sophmore year. "Sorry kid, Richter might get hurt, so we need something better." I don't think he was rushed the way Malhotra was...but I do think he was the victim of some unlucky situtations. In a perfect world Richter remains healthy and mentors the heir to his throne.

Old
07-26-2004, 07:01 AM
in the hall

I think it's only good news if Blackburn will be ready prior to the season starting.

Old
07-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

Here's a link from the Detroit Free Press...

http://www.freep.com/sports/umich/metro26e_20040726.htm

Closed Thread