HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov to Pittsburgh

Old
12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
yes, he would be.
No he wouldn't. But feel free to beat this dead horse all day.

Quote:
Antropov is better than any forward on your team not named Crosby or Malkin.
I never said he wouldn't be.

Quote:
yes, he's better than all of those guys defensively.
If he's so awesome...keep him. He's not the type of player that the Pens are willing to overpay for. If the price is right...fine...but his career nothingness in the playoffs is duly noted.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 08:12 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
One more year at 2.1m after this one.
he has averaged 20 goals a season over the last 3 years and is on pace for 25 goals and 58 points this year.
I'd think he would be worth about the same as Hal Gill was last season. A second and a later rounder or a second and a average prospect a bit more if you want the leafs to take back salary.(nothing long term)
Thanks again! Salary wise the guy that it would help to move would be Mark Eaton, who has one year left at 2m. I'd prefer Antropov but I think Ponikarovsky would be a decent pickup for the Pens. Oh yeah is Alex a righty or lefty?

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 08:26 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Thanks again! Salary wise the guy that it would help to move would be Mark Eaton, who has one year left at 2m. I'd prefer Antropov but I think Ponikarovsky would be a decent pickup for the Pens. Oh yeah is Alex a righty or lefty?
I think Poni shoots left and plays left wing. I think he can both wings tho.
Antropov is the much better player but he would cost more.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 08:43 PM
AgentM

Quote:
I think Poni shoots left and plays left wing. I think he can both wings tho.
Antropov is the much better player but he would cost more.
That works for us, we are a lot weaker on the LW than on the RW. And I agree that Nik would more expensive. What would a packaged deal of the two players cost us???

Old
12-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Bills09

1st and a 2nd would git er done

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
1st and a 2nd would git er done
no it wouldn't. Although you have our 2nd this year I do believe so your first and that 2nd would be a starting point.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:22 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
no it wouldn't. Although you have our 2nd this year I do believe so your first and that 2nd would be a starting point.
We would need to move some salary with these two also coming in, either to Toronto or to someone else in another trade.

Our best trading pieces are offensive defensemen so we would need to move one of them plus. Are you guys sure you don't want Dupuis?!? . Haha

Old
12-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
I agree, the Pens need to upgrade their wingers now and I think Antropov is a good target. He's the big body that we need, is in his prime, good defensively, and wouldn't break the bank to re-sign.

Ponikarovsky is a big guy too, Leafs fans how would you describe his game? Is he as physical as Antropov?
Watched some youtubes of them both..Both are big and strong on the puck..They room together on the road also. one is neat and one not so much..Really either would be nice to have on the team with the Pens...

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:37 PM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
Watched some youtubes of them both..Both are big and strong on the puck..They room together on the road also. one is neat and one not so much..Really either would be nice to have on the team with the Pens...
both of them picked up 3 points tonight and they're on pace for 66 and 72 points respectively.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
Poni is a physical presence as well. He's not as sound as Antro defensively but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's strong in both ends. They have always been road roomates. There best friends so it wouldn't be bad to make a move for both of them. Not to mention them on a line with Malkin in the middle would be insane IMO. As to your dmen situation I'd be interested in Goligoski for sure. Whitney is nice but I'm really concerned about his health so I'd rather avoid him.

Old
12-22-2008, 09:55 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Poni is a physical presence as well. He's not as sound as Antro defensively but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's strong in both ends. They have always been road roomates. There best friends so it wouldn't be bad to make a move for both of them. Not to mention them on a line with Malkin in the middle would be insane IMO. As to your dmen situation I'd be interested in Goligoski for sure. Whitney is nice but I'm really concerned about his health so I'd rather avoid him.
Well we brought in a pair of Islanders, why not do the same with a couple of Leafs?

I would definitely be interested in a package starting with Goligoski, even though Whitney's cap number would make more sense.

As for our lines I actually like Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora right now, so I would start these two with Sid, can they keep up with him?

And With these two being such good friends and Alex being under contract for another year that might entice Nik to stay with the Pens after the season. I'm liking the sound of this...

Old
12-22-2008, 10:00 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
That works for us, we are a lot weaker on the LW than on the RW. And I agree that Nik would more expensive. What would a packaged deal of the two players cost us???
both together in a package I dunno. Id want a first and above average prospect for Antro + more if he resigns and a second + for Poni. I dont know what to expect as a return for them in a package.
They do have great chemistry together and you would have a much better chance to resign Antro in the off season if you had poni on the team.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:02 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Antropov and a Malkin combination would be deadly for Pittsburgh (Nikolai is on pace for 30+ goals and ~70 points).

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
No health issues there..He had a deformitty fixed in his foot that bothered him...

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
chef223

How about Kaberle , Poni , Antropov to Pittsburgh Whitney, Staal and a mid pick to Toronto.

Last edited by chef223: 12-22-2008 at 10:35 PM.
chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
AgentM

Quote:
both together in a package I dunno. Id want a first and above average prospect for Antro + more if he resigns and a second + for Poni. I dont know what to expect as a return for them in a package.
They do have great chemistry together and you would have a much better chance to resign Antro in the off season if you had poni on the team.
What if the package started with Whitney after he's proven that he is healthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
How about Kaberle , Poni , Antropov to Pittsburgh Whitney, Staal and a mid pick to Toronto.
The value is pretty even there, I'd really hate to move Staal now though. He's such an important piece of the puzzle and while I think he's overrated by some people I still think he'll be a really good player for us for the next 5 years or so. And the Pens get a lot older in this deal which doesn't excite me.

Old
12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
Waaaay too much of a risk for Toronto. What if Staal truly had a fluke year? Then we lose all our offense and best defender for a younger but not as good defender and a checking line forward. I wouldn't do this at all...

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
What if the package started with Whitney after he's proven that he is healthy?
Whitney is a good player but he doesn't really solve the Leafs needs.
Maybe if they trade Kaberle and Kubina in separate trades.

Old
12-22-2008, 11:09 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Waaaay too much of a risk for Toronto. What if Staal truly had a fluke year? Then we lose all our offense and best defender for a younger but not as good defender and a checking line forward. I wouldn't do this at all...
That's the fun of trades, they're like gambling

Staal is on pace for about 25 goals and 45 to 50 pts I believe. I don't think he'll ever be your prototypical play making center, but he should be a great 2nd line center at worst in his prime.

Quote:
Whitney is a good player but he doesn't really solve the Leafs needs.
Maybe if they trade Kaberle and Kubina in separate trades.
I understand that. Maybe if those rumors are true about the Stars looking for a #1 d-man are true that could help this trade out. Or if the Pens packaged a forward prospect with Whitney?

Old
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

If we added in Kaberle this would just start to get messy. It would be too many players leaving Pittsburgh which could hurt the chemistry there.

As to the concerns of getting older well you do but it's not like these guys are on the back end of there careers their 30, 28, 28 so it's not like there waiting to retire.

Now don't get mad but for the 3 guys I'd be looking at Staal, Whitney if needed to make it work but would prefer Goligoski, Caputi and a first. It's steep but your getting our best players and we sure aren't getting your best. Now obviously your pool of talent is deeper then ours but this makes your team better today. It makes the leafs deeper down the road.

Old
12-23-2008, 12:01 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Whitney and Gonchar are untouchable. Once they come back the Penguins will need them come for the playoffs. Without them they'll crumble.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Bills09

Nik Antropov and Alexei Ponikarovsky for Luca Caputi and a 1st

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:37 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Nik Antropov and Alexei Ponikarovsky for Luca Caputi and a 1st
and your a leafs fan. We would need more then that.

Old
12-23-2008, 06:26 AM
AgentM

Quote:
If we added in Kaberle this would just start to get messy. It would be too many players leaving Pittsburgh which could hurt the chemistry there.

As to the concerns of getting older well you do but it's not like these guys are on the back end of there careers their 30, 28, 28 so it's not like there waiting to retire.

Now don't get mad but for the 3 guys I'd be looking at Staal, Whitney if needed to make it work but would prefer Goligoski, Caputi and a first. It's steep but your getting our best players and we sure aren't getting your best. Now obviously your pool of talent is deeper then ours but this makes your team better today. It makes the leafs deeper down the road.
Hey I understand you have to give to get, I don't expect the Leafs to give up their two best forwards for nothing. As for Staal I don't think he'll be leaving Pittsburgh unless he asks for too much money and then he'd probably get moved after the season ended. But what do I know???

Old
12-23-2008, 08:04 AM
DougGilmour93

To Pit:
Nik Antropov
Alexei Ponikarovsky

To Tor:
1st in 09
2nd in 10
Ryan Stone