HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hainsey must be maturing..........

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Although Hainsey's attitude (the very little we've been able to notice from interviews and hearabouts) leaves something to be desired in terms of maturity, I'd also say that this isn't something that cannot be straighten out with time and proper mentoring from a good veteran presence (Souray comes to mind here for obvious reasons, as he kind of followed the same path, being a big party guy, preoccupied with "scoring" outside of the rink more than inside, according to his own words).

Old
07-26-2004, 02:12 AM
puckstrike2k

Send a message via AIM to puckstrike2k
I'm glad to see this happen for Ron. He finally gets a chance to make a full time leap to the NHL. I played Junior hockey with him about 6 years ago. He's a great guy and I wish him a lot success in the NHL.

Also, how mature can you expect a 24 year old with money and some fame to be? I know if I was in his shoes, I'd be living it up while I could.

Old
07-26-2004, 10:17 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Look at the successful "young" players on the Habs right now. Komo has just made his break through and was eased into the lineup over the last year and a half. His good play at season end and in the playoffs essentially made Quintal expendible. Komo cracking the lineup at 22 is very rare in Habland.

Previous to last season, Ribeiro was getting 4th line duty and was a healthy scratch for a number of games before finally getting regular ice time and 2nd line ice time last season. After being on the "bubble" and with most fans saying the 03-04 season was his make it or break it year, Ribs finally showed what he can do with good ice time and decent line mates. There were a few folks on this and other boards labelling him a bust at this time last year. He finally had his big break through when he was 24.

Our young Newfoundlander, Michael Ryder, was wallowing in the ECHL two seasons ago and looked to have maxed out his pro career at the AHL. Even after a good 02-03 season with Hamilton, nobody really had him on their radar screen as a player to play the entire season with the Habs in training camp last fall. Well, after the camp was over, that story had changed. Another big break through at 24.

Jason Ward was seen as an average AHL'er with pretty horrible skating and not much NHL upside for a while, until he finally had a superb year in Hamilton and became AHL player of the year the season before last. He finally cracked the Habs lineup and became a regular contributor, but again not before he was 24.

Are Hainsey and Hossa at 23 and 22 busts quite yet? Well, there are some examples above the preach patience with our prospects.

Old
07-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Look at the successful "young" players on the Habs right now. Komo has just made his break through and was eased into the lineup over the last year and a half. His good play at season end and in the playoffs essentially made Quintal expendible. Komo cracking the lineup at 22 is very rare in Habland.

Previous to last season, Ribeiro was getting 4th line duty and was a healthy scratch for a number of games before finally getting regular ice time and 2nd line ice time last season. After being on the "bubble" and with most fans saying the 03-04 season was his make it or break it year, Ribs finally showed what he can do with good ice time and decent line mates. There were a few folks on this and other boards labelling him a bust at this time last year. He finally had his big break through when he was 24.

Our young Newfoundlander, Michael Ryder, was wallowing in the ECHL two seasons ago and looked to have maxed out his pro career at the AHL. Even after a good 02-03 season with Hamilton, nobody really had him on their radar screen as a player to play the entire season with the Habs in training camp last fall. Well, after the camp was over, that story had changed. Another big break through at 24.

Jason Ward was seen as an average AHL'er with pretty horrible skating and not much NHL upside for a while, until he finally had a superb year in Hamilton and became AHL player of the year the season before last. He finally cracked the Habs lineup and became a regular contributor, but again not before he was 24.

Are Hainsey and Hossa at 23 and 22 busts quite yet? Well, there are some examples above the preach patience with our prospects.

Very well said. Its what ive been trying to say for a while, but you put it well!

Closed Thread