HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Another TOR/VAN

Old
12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
We need another forward. I think Raymond to Manitoba, or Pyatt via waivers in order to fit another top-6 would push us to the next level.
Or Raymond as part of a trade to bring said forward in. I can definitely see something like that.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeg93 View Post
I could not give a rats ass about what scouts say. So far his is by FAR the worst Dman out of the ones chosen in the top 10
There was only four of them chosen, one hasn't played with a broken leg, one got sent back to juniors on a team as bad as Toronto, and one is excelling. How is he the worst one?

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
There was only four of them chosen, one hasn't played with a broken leg, one got sent back to juniors on a team as bad as Toronto, and one is excelling. How is he the worst one?
He is just trolling for a flame war. Schenn has looked great and will be the center of a tough Leafs team to play against in the future.

Doughty has looked better but he was the better player from the start.
Infact after the jr. tournament I thought he should have been the first overall pick instead of Stamkos

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:52 AM
supeg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
He is just trolling for a flame war. Schenn has looked great and will be the center of a tough Leafs team to play against in the future.

Doughty has looked better but he was the better player from the start.
Infact after the jr. tournament I thought he should have been the first overall pick instead of Stamkos
Whatever you say. Leafs have ONE 3-4 pairing above average shut down guy who absolutely sucks on Offense to look forward to (Schenn).

That Organization is going to get worse and worse with Burke heading it.

supeg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeg93 View Post
Whatever you say. Leafs have ONE 3-4 pairing above average shut down guy who absolutely sucks on Offense to look forward to (Schenn).

That Organization is going to get worse and worse with Burke heading it.
OK there buddy

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Grub
First Line Troll

vCash: 883
^

The guy's got a point... look at what Brian Burke did to vancouver....and schenn is not a player that you will look forward to... so what defensive d-men... theres alot of those i can find. It was a mistake for Fletcher to skip on Boedker, Filatov, hodgson, wilson...

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders25 View Post
^

The guy's got a point... look at what Brian Burke did to vancouver....and schenn is not a player that you will look forward to... so what defensive d-men... theres alot of those i can find. It was a mistake for Fletcher to skip on Boedker, Filatov, hodgson, wilson...
Every team builds to there own needs and styles. The hope isnt that Schenn develops into a regular defensive dman but one of the best in the league. Along the lines of Adam Foote or Scott Stevens whan he was with the devils. And with the way he is progressing it is looking like he could do just that.
Truly elite Dmen of that style are very rare

Old
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders25 View Post
^

Not really. Look at Ohlund. Was legit 1st pairing defenseman (*pre-lockout*) known for his shut-down ability. This was under "Burke's watch". (My opinion) but I think he was a "top ten" defensemen THEN (not now obviously).

Would it be that bad if Schenn developed a similiar career? I think not.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
crazycanuck

I think some people are being overly critical of Schenn right now. That being said, I think Schenn would've been way better served playing one more year in the juniors. He will never be the star that Doughty will be, but I think he could be comparable to Pietrangelo and Bogosian when all things are said and done.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
I think some people are being overly critical of Schenn right now. That being said, I think Schenn would've been way better served playing one more year in the juniors. He will never be the star that Doughty will be, but I think he could be comparable to Pietrangelo and Bogosian when all things are said and done.
Doughty should have been the 1st overall pick imo(and I have been saying that since the world jr.s last year)

But really no one expects Schenn to be that good, they play a completely diffrent style of game. Schenn will be a great player in his own right but some people wont give him the resoect he deserves because he probably wont put up big point totals.