HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Urgent: All Star Voting Question (Mod Please Don't Merge)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2008, 12:54 PM
  #1
GoldenForum
Registered User
 
GoldenForum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Urgent: All Star Voting Question (Mod Please Don't Merge)

If Penguin fans continue to cheat by voting 10 times per text message and the NHL simply condones it (I've sent the NHL two email and received no response), then we should vote that way too (I'm sure some of you already have).

Can someone please explain HOW we do this? Do we just text "Canadiens" to "81812" and it counts as 10 votes. If not, please (in very clear terms) EXPLAIN to us how we can do it.

Simply put, what do we enter in the text message and who do we send it to in order to vote like the Penguin cheats.

Thanks

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
  #2
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
If Penguin fans continue to cheat by voting 10 times per text message and the NHL simply condones it (I've sent the NHL two email and received no response), then we should vote that way too (I'm sure some of you already have).

Can someone please explain HOW we do this? Do we just text "Canadiens" to "81812" and it counts as 10 votes. If not, please (in very clear terms) EXPLAIN to us how we can do it.

Simply put, what do we enter in the text message and who do we send it to in order to vote like the Penguin cheats.

Thanks
To : 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812; 81812

Text : Canadiens



its that simple, if you wanna send your text message to more than one person, you do like with emails, you separate the different address with semi-colons and a space.

Note that if you have Pocket PC, you can do it more than 10 times per message. My HTC takes up to 100 address in one single message.









Last edited by Ozymandias: 12-23-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:04 PM
  #3
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Do it guys!

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:15 PM
  #4
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 13,430
vCash: 500
Too bad I don't have unlimited text messaging.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
  #5
suprez
Registered User
 
suprez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
I would be embarrased if i were the president of the NHL.This is now simply a big fat joke.

It's has nothing to do the fanbases.It's 1-2 loser hacking it up and voting 24/24.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
  #6
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Too bad I don't have unlimited text messaging.
Do they count it as one message when you send one single message to several people (multiple addresses)?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
  #7
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
I hope half the players in league decide to skip the all star game.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
  #8
Dunlop
 
Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
I prefer to see Fleury than Price for this farce that we call the All-star game.

Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:27 PM
  #9
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
I'd rather see Thomas than anyone else

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:32 PM
  #10
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
I'd rather see Thomas than anyone else
What does that have to do with anything? Do you actually realize Julien is gonna be the coach for the Eastern conference and that he choses the 2nd and 3rd goalies?

Both Thomas and Price deserves to be there. Fleury doesn't. That's the bottom line.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
  #11
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Do you actually realize Julien is gonna be the coach for the Eastern conference and that he choses the 2nd and 3rd goalies?

Both Thomas and Price deserves to be there. Fleury doesn't. That's the bottom line.
And why does Price deserve to be there? because of voting or numbers on the season?

If it's cause of voting then Fleury gets it, cheating no cheating, they cheated better, woohoo.

Cuase of numbers their is better picks than Price in the East.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
  #12
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,003
vCash: 500
I got an e-mail saying to text "HABS"..

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
  #13
Ncrdrg
 
Ncrdrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
I have unlimited text messaging.
Unfortunately, I can't use a semi-colon in the "To" field.
But I voted a few times.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:46 PM
  #14
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
And why does Price deserve to be there? because of voting or numbers on the season?

If it's cause of voting then Fleury gets it, cheating no cheating, they cheated better, woohoo.

Cuase of numbers their is better picks than Price in the East.
No there isn't. He belongs in the top 3 of the east. At least look at goalies who have played more than 50-60% of their team's games, which you don't seem to have.

Wins :

1- Lundqvist
2- Miller
3- Thomas
4- Price
5- Toskala
6- Biron
7- Ward
8- Fleury
9- Johnson
10- Auld


GAA :

1- Thomas
2- Auld
3- Price
4- Lundqvist
5- Smith
6- Ward
7- Johnson
8- Miller
9- Vokoon

SV% :

1- Thomas
2- Smith
3- Price
4- Vokoon
5- Johnson
6- Auld
7- Ward
8- Lundqvist
9- Miller
10- Fleury


Last edited by Ozymandias: 12-23-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
  #15
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
I hope half the players in league decide to skip the all star game.
Did you say the same thing when 5 Habs we're starting for the East?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
  #16
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I got an e-mail saying to text "HABS"..
The Canadiens website says to type "Canadiens"

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
  #17
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally
 
Galchenyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
I have unlimited text messaging.
Unfortunately, I can't use a semi-colon in the "To" field.
But I voted a few times.

You can go to your sent messages folder or outbox, and click resend over and over again.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM
  #18
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
I would be embarrased if i were the president of the NHL.This is now simply a big fat joke.

It's has nothing to do the fanbases.It's 1-2 loser hacking it up and voting 24/24.
+1

The system is laughable.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:54 PM
  #19
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
+1

The system is laughable.
There should be a vote between the coachs and GMs of the league two weeks before the allstars to decide who goes.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:58 PM
  #20
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Did you say the same thing when 5 Habs we're starting for the East?
That's when it was clear to me that it was just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
No there isn't. He belongs in the top 3 of the east. At least look at goalies who have played more than 50-60% of their team's games, which you don't seem to have.

Wins :

1- Lundqvist
2- Miller
3- Thomas
4- Price
5- Toskala
6- Biron
7- Ward
8- Fleury
9- Johnson
10- Auld


GAA :

1- Thomas
2- Auld
3- Price
4- Lundqvist
5- Smith
6- Ward
7- Johnson
8- Miller
9- Vokoon

SV% :

1- Thomas
2- Smith
3- Price
4- Vokoon
5- Johnson
6- Auld
7- Ward
8- Lundqvist
9- Miller
10- Fleury
Can you make it with 40% also? So Fernandez gets no consideration, Anderson neither because they fall in the 40%? And the only reason your not putting Smith ahead of Price is because of the wins i guess. Tampa great team. Ridiculous goalie stats for a starter on that team.

At the end of it all Price and Fleury don't deserve to be starters. If you wanna argue with me go ahead but realists know im not wrong.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-23-2008 at 03:37 PM.
HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:09 PM
  #21
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
That's when it was clear to me that it was just ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous because of that???

Price as shown before, is top 3 among eastern goalies.

Markov is #1 in points in the east among Ds.

Komi, well, it was the NHL's selection to put him on the ballot, not the fans, and you have to wonder what pushed them to do that, maybe because Komi was #1 for hits and blocked shots last year... who knows.

Kovalev was 7th among all easter forwards last year for points, yet he wasn't even invited at the allstars last year. He deserves to be there this year. The all-star game is not only based on the first 30 games of the present season you know, or else there wouldn't be a ballot made by the NHL.

Koivu.... for all that he has been through, I don't think it is "ridiculous" for fans to want to see him in what would probably be his last ASG, in front of his fans.

And Tanguay is among the top 30 pointers in the east. Upwards of the top 10, its a crapshoot, so I don't see how it is "ridiculous".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Can you make it with 40% also? So Fernandez gets no consideration, Anderson neither because they fall in the 40%? And the only reason your not putting Smith ahead of Price is because of the wins i guess. Tampa great team. Ridiculous goalie stats for a starter on that team.

At the end of it all Price and Fleury don't deserve to be starters. If you wanna argue with me go ahead but realists know im not wrong.
Realists know you are not wrong. LMAO.

Do you "REALIZE" that there are never goalies with 40% of their team's games played that are selected by the coaches to fill the two other spots on the allstar team??? The NHL usually counts a minimum of games played, and for the ASG, please show me ONE example of a goalie that was selected outside of the vote and who had 40% or less of his team's games played.

Realist... gimme a break.

I'm gonna make a sophistry like you did, and say intelligent people know that I am not wrong. LMAO

Oh and don't put words in my mouth. I never said Smith doesn't belong there. Where did I say that little kiddy? Do you have a hard time to follow conversations? Do I have to say things slower?

What I said is that Price belongs in the top 3. Thomas too. Who else goes I don,t care, but Price's stats duly warrant a place at the ASG, that doesn't exclude Smith from going. but we all know how it is when someone is losing face in a debate, they invent and divert the conversation towards an issue which is nonexistent.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-23-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
  #22
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Why is it ridiculous because of that???

Price as shown before, is top 3 among eastern goalies.

Markov is #1 in points in the east among Ds.

Komi, well, it was the NHL's selection to put him on the ballot, not the fans, and you have to wonder what pushed them to do that, maybe because Komi was #1 for hits and blocked shots last year... who knows.

Kovalev was 7th among all easter forwards last year for points, yet he wasn't even invited at the allstars last year. He deserves to be there this year. The all-star game is not only based on the first 30 games of the present season you know, or else there wouldn't be a ballot made by the NHL.

Koivu.... for all that he has been through, I don't think it is "ridiculous" for fans to want to see him in what would probably be his last ASG, in front of his fans.

And Tanguay is among the top 30 pointers in the east. Upwards of the top 10, its a crapshoot, so I don't see how it is "ridiculous".
Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin <------ Eastern all stars.

Next year if 3 Habs are top 10 in scoring in the league and they vote in 3 starters for Florida that aren't in the top 30 in the league would you consider it ridiculous?

Markov is the only starter who deserves it.

Lol, i just reread your posts, Kovalev deserves to be there because of last year. Ok i'll just stop replying cause buddy that's just sad.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
  #23
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Kovalev looks to be safe to go with Crosby and Malkin, Price is behind Fleury but only barely and Markov and Komisarek are getting crept on by Gonchar and Whitney...vote!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
  #24
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Okay, lets rip this **** apart.. I just voted like 30 times..

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
  #25
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,443
vCash: 500
I stopped voting 2 weeks ago when I realized that the 4 minutes it took me on the internet to vote, someone could vote 200 times using text messages.

This is stupid. What's the point of voting if you know that your vote is useless? allowing to vote for an entire team like this is ******.

I don't have a cell-phone and won't get one because of this crap.

anyway...

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.