HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov to Pittsburgh

Old
12-23-2008, 12:06 PM
AlMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Caputi maybe? Possibly add a pick?
The Pens can keep Caputi. Have you watched Antropov play this season? The guy has been an absolute beast. His value is at an all time high right now.

The Pens and Leafs are not good trading partners imo.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 04:52 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
That's a concern when you're talking about Marian Hossa.

Antropov? Not so much.

It's no insult here, Leaf fans. The Pens have traded away their past two 1st rounders, and they currently have the 2nd worst batch of prospects in the league, according to HF. Last year, the trade was worth it because the East was relatively weak and the Pens had youth to spare, plus a roster that really only needed one big piece to make them the class of the conference.

But it can't be a scorched earth policy every season. Shero wants this team to be a perennial contender, and you can't do that in a cap world if you don't have cheap, quality players (i.e. first rounders) coming in and filling gaps.

You can't deal 1st rounders for UFAs and mediocre top 6ers every year and hope to remain competitive in a salary capped league.
How many teams are willing to give up good top 6 wingers that aren't UFAs at the trade deadline? I agree w/you that I don't want to give up 1st round draft picks every year but Antropov and Ponikarovsky are both having good years:

Antropov - 33 games, 13 goals, 16 assists
Poni - 33 games, 11 goals, 15 assists

and are the physical type of wings that the Pens lack on the top two lines this year.

I really think that one of these guys are the perfect example of talent and physicality that Shero will be bringing in at the deadline this year.

AgentM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Goalie_Bob
1992 Vezina (2nd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I really think that one of these guys are the perfect example of talent and physicality that Shero will be bringing in at the deadline this year.
I agree. But it won't be at the cost of a 1st round pick unless that player is signed past this season or if the player can be obtained with less than a 1st round pick.

The reason I am adamant about this is that if the Pens trade away their 1st round pick then that will be three drafts in a row without a 1st round pick.

Goalie_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Goalie_Bob
1992 Vezina (2nd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
It may not be something shero will do every year but maybe it will be something Mario will do. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnít Mario the driving force behind that deal and shero didnít really play much a role in the trade.?
You are wrong. Lemieux's only input was that he fully backed Shero to make the trade. Shero was the mastermind behind it.

Goalie_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
How many teams are willing to give up good top 6 wingers that aren't UFAs at the trade deadline? I agree w/you that I don't want to give up 1st round draft picks every year but Antropov and Ponikarovsky are both having good years:

Antropov - 33 games, 13 goals, 16 assists
Poni - 33 games, 11 goals, 15 assists

and are the physical type of wings that the Pens lack on the top two lines this year.

How about we just make due with what we have and wait 'til our injured players come back before we start compromising the talent pool again.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
ugotmybeef*

Obviously first round picks are only dealt for stars.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie_Bob View Post
You are wrong. Lemieux's only input was that he fully backed Shero to make the trade. Shero was the mastermind behind it.
no i would be correct. shero wa snto the mastermind. do some reserach and you will find mario was behind it.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

I would be thinking on a trade like that, both would be behind it. One way or another they have to comunicate about stuff like that...

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Smallz

Whitney for Antropov

Goligoski and a 2nd for Antropov

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Here is another thing the pens do that just erks the crap out of me. They take the best player at the time of there pick even if it is not what they need...Pens cant wait for Picks to develope in two to 3 years to help this squad now. The next how ever many picks they have should all be for wingers and do a prosses of elimination to which are going to land in the Big Club. But first they need wingers to fill the void until they can...

Old
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
How about we just make due with what we have and wait 'til our injured players come back before we start compromising the talent pool again.
Oh yeah I agree, I don't see Shero doing anything until the team is healthy again. But that said I still expect Shero to bring in one winger to play with Sid and moving one of our defensemen and maybe a bottom six forward for draft picks like he did with Dominic Moore.

Old
12-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
Whitney for Antropov

I would do the 2nd one.

add a 3rd to the first one going to pittsburgh and I think that is a done deal to.

Old
12-23-2008, 11:38 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
Whitney for Antropov

Whitney's contract and past numbers make him worth more than Antropov alone to me (when 100% healthy). I'd use him as the basis of a trade to get both Nik and Alex.

Goligoski + for Antropov is fair to me.

Old
12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Hey I understand you have to give to get, I don't expect the Leafs to give up their two best forwards for nothing. As for Staal I don't think he'll be leaving Pittsburgh unless he asks for too much money and then he'd probably get moved after the season ended. But what do I know???
Just so you are aware the proposal involving Staal had Kaberle in it not just pony and Antro. Although I do agree unless it was some kind of blockbuster which is unlikely he won't be moved until they are sure of what it will cost to retain him. Unless he makes it clear to them prior to the deadline. I don't see you guys really pushing for Kaberle anyway.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:32 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Just so you are aware the proposal involving Staal had Kaberle in it not just pony and Antro. Although I do agree unless it was some kind of blockbuster which is unlikely he won't be moved until they are sure of what it will cost to retain him. Unless he makes it clear to them prior to the deadline. I don't see you guys really pushing for Kaberle anyway.
Yeah I wasn't argueing the value, I think the proposal was pretty even. I just don't see Shero moving Staal unless he has too due to salary or an overpayment offered by another team.

The Pens aren't looking to bring in anymore defenseman, at least I don't expect them too. It's not that I don't like Kaberle, but we're currently deep on D and need wingers bad.