HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Drury's Post Game Reaction

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
ThisYearsModel

vCash: 500
Chris Drury's Post Game Reaction

The Captain's reaction last night was terrible. "I am not going to let it ruin my Christmas. I throw this in the garbage and move on." Huh? He must be kidding. Want to see a leader? Look at #8 on the other bench. That guy truly cares. It does not appear that Captain Chris does.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:14 AM
TheHotRock

the wort part about being 1st place in the atlantic is that you can't gut a team that's in 1st place in the atlantic

Old
12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
The Captain's reaction last night was terrible. "I am not going to let it ruin my Christmas. I throw this in the garbage and move on." Huh? He must be kidding. Want to see a leader? Look at #8 on the other bench. That guy truly cares. It does not appear that Captain Chris does.
Yea, thats it, he doesnt care. You need to get a clue, quickly.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

He cares, he just doesn't know how to handle these types of situations.

I'd like to see a lot more from guys like Gomez, Drury and Renney - the leaders of this team.

Especially on the ice and on the bench.

After giving up the second or third goal, Renney should have broken a blood vessel in his head. I know thats not him, but a guy can change. Tom Coughlin was the biggest ******* this sid eof the Mississippi, and he made an adjustment because he wasnt reaching his players. He came to camp last year a changed person and his team benefitted from it. Renney needs to take a good hard look at himself and change his personality. Hes too easy on the guys DURING the game. **** practice. I want to see some emotion on the bench from him instead of that stupid smirk.

Same goes for Drury. Hes always so stern looking. Show something! Break a stick! Slam the boards! Wake up the guys. Realize that a meltdown is happening before its too late. and Gomez... youre not a rookie anymore - the sly smiling and laughing on the bench isnt always going to work. How about getting fired up once in a while when things arent going well. I think ive seen that twice the whole year. Your a vet, a leader and one of the go-to guys, act like it. Theres no more hiding behind the Jagr's, Shanny's, Stevens and Daneyko's anymore.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
brettholmesx

chris drury cares tons, maybe more so than anybody else on the team.
he has always been a laid back guy, its not his stlye to be loud and very emotional.
markus naslund was the captain of vancouver for how long? and was very similar, but unlike us fans here in NY the vancouver fans loved him very much.

the fact of the matter is if the rangers were playing good hockey at this point in time nobody would have a bad thing to say about him.
but because were are not playing good all people can do it tear him apart every single night.

we're all spoiled after having messier as our captain and expect all of our captains to be like him, but theres one problem there isnt another mark.

last year when drury didnt have the C on nobody had a bad thing to say about the guy, this year everybody rips on him even though hes playing the same style of hockey he always has.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:24 AM
chip chipperson*

who knows. while not showing much emotion maybe he has the right attitude. learn from the loss move on and beat new jersey at home.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
He cares, he just doesn't know how to handle these types of situations.

I'd like to see a lot more from guys like Gomez, Drury and Renney - the leaders of this team.

Especially on the ice and on the bench.

After giving up the second or third goal, Renney should have broken a blood vessel in his head. I know thats not him, but a guy can change. Tom Coughlin was the biggest ******* this sid eof the Mississippi, and he made an adjustment because he wasnt reaching his players. He came to camp last year a changed person and his team benefitted from it. Renney needs to take a good hard look at himself and change his personality. Hes too easy on the guys DURING the game. **** practice. I want to see some emotion on the bench from him instead of that stupid smirk.

Same goes for Drury. Hes always so stern looking. Show something! Break a stick! Slam the boards! Wake up the guys. Realize that a meltdown is happening before its too late. and Gomez... youre not a rookie anymore - the sly smiling and laughing on the bench isnt always going to work. How about getting fired up once in a while when things arent going well. I think ive seen that twice the whole year. Your a vet, a leader and one of the go-to guys, act like it. Theres no more hiding behind the Jagr's, Shanny's, Stevens and Daneyko's anymore.
Judging by his answers, he knows EXACTLY how to handle these situations. Being an incessant whiner and complainer is not the way to go.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:28 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
who knows. while not showing much emotion maybe he has the right attitude. learn from the loss move on and beat new jersey at home.
Its always "lets learn from this" - and they never do. Maybe they shouldn't "forget about this one" for once. Maybe remember it this time around.

A collapse against the Lightning, Philly, the Devils, maybe another one im forgetting and last night too.

They never learn. RENNEY never learns. They get a lead and any momentum and they go into a shell. ITs been done so many times, you start to believe its not just the players. Countless 2 goal leads given up last year, the huge Montreal debacle. The year before that there were quite a few as well. Many players ahve come in and out of the Rangers lockerroom since then but one thing remains constant: the coach.

When you come out in the third period behind the wheel of a Chevy Trailblazer instead of the Ferrari you were driving in the first period, it starts to dawn on you that its more than just the guys on the ice, but the father taking the keys away.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:29 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettholmesx View Post
chris drury cares tons, maybe more so than anybody else on the team.
he has always been a laid back guy, its not his stlye to be loud and very emotional.
markus naslund was the captain of vancouver for how long? and was very similar, but unlike us fans here in NY the vancouver fans loved him very much.

the fact of the matter is if the rangers were playing good hockey at this point in time nobody would have a bad thing to say about him.
but because were are not playing good all people can do it tear him apart every single night.

we're all spoiled after having messier as our captain and expect all of our captains to be like him, but theres one problem there isnt another mark.

last year when drury didnt have the C on nobody had a bad thing to say about the guy, this year everybody rips on him even though hes playing the same style of hockey he always has.

that's not true at all. There was at least one person (me) who had plenty of bad things to say about him. Actually I remember a couple other posters as well who didn't care to much for him. **** him and **** his contract. I have had enough of him.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:34 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Judging by his answers, he knows EXACTLY how to handle these situations. Being an incessant whiner and complainer is not the way to go.
Its not about whining and complaining.

Its about recognizing the lag in your team and getting them back on track. You have a duty to do that as a coach and a captain IMO, especially when theres a track record of it happening.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:35 AM
brettholmesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
that's not true at all. There was at least one person (me) who had plenty of bad things to say about him. Actually I remember a couple other posters as well who didn't care to much for him. **** him and **** his contract. I have had enough of him.
well it is true to an extent, and im sure people did say stuff about him last year, but not nearly as many people as this year.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:36 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
If you watch him closely he does show a lot of emotion. He's not going to lash out just to please fans

He could be playing better, but I'm not going to try and gauge what type of leader he is, because NONE OF US know what goes on in the locker room.

This team doesn't have a working system in place, that's why the stink. No real foundation. Some say we play a defensive system, yet we have been one of the worst teams defensively. Sather claimed this team would be a quick transition team in the offseason, yet our offense is brutal. No one seems to be on the same page for more than 1 game at a time

Old
12-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
He's sort of just telling the media what they want to hear. He's trying to be vocal and confident with them by pretending that there are no big issues with the team; that the loss means nothing more than 1 point in the standings, and that the 1 point we did get may be a bonus when all is said and done.

What do you want him to say? The truth? that it's going to be bothering him all week and ruin the entire teams Christmas?-- whether that's true or not.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:45 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettholmesx View Post
well it is true to an extent, and im sure people did say stuff about him last year, but not nearly as many people as this year.
oh without a doubt. there have been alot of people who fell off the drury bandwagon. same w/ the gomez one. same w/ the renney one. Its the same people over and over though who keep switching. now Gomez, Drury and Rosy are the flavors of the week.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:47 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

If Renney had a pair, he'd pull them all in at 7am for a good ole' fashioned Bag Skate, then send them home to their families for Christmas.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:48 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If Renney had a pair, he'd pull them all in at 7am for a good ole' fashioned Bag Skate, then send them home to their families for Christmas.
If Renney had a pair than Redden, Gomez, Drury, Kalinen would have been benched at least 1 game apiece already. But he only likes to save his benchings for Prucha, Dubi, Fritsche, Dawes and zherdev. you know, the young guys who are making young guy mistakes. not the vets who are making rookie mistakes.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Its not about whining and complaining.

Its about recognizing the lag in your team and getting them back on track. You have a duty to do that as a coach and a captain IMO, especially when theres a track record of it happening.
You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Of course Drury is going to feed the PC answer to the media. I highly doubt Drury and Renney are going to completely ignore what happened last night, but its equally important to make sure the team moves on.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
SML

The team needs to focus energy on things it can change at times when it can actually matter. Theses are grown men who have played hockey their entire lives. They have endured tough losses before. Would it make you guys happier if Drury was pissed off and broke up the locker room or blew up at the camera guy? I just don't think he's that kind of guy, and it doesn't mean he doesn't care. The team can learn the lesson without showing it in the media. This team has had several games this season when they have absolutely stolen the game. On the other end of that, there was a team going thru exactly what happened to the Rangers last night. You win some you shouldn't, and you lose some you should have had. It's a long season, and it wasn't a playoff game. Move on. I gotta hand it to Ovechkin though, because I haven't watched a player so thoroughly dominate and felt so hopeless, like it didn't matter what happened because one guy couldn't be stopped, since Mario Lemieux retired. It was that kind of performance. Even though I found myself berating my plasma everytime they showed his face, you can't help but respect the talent.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:58 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

That's Drury's "media front". If you were expecting a vocal leader who explodes in front of the press, you're expecting something that isn't coming. You can bet your ass that this will ruin Drury's Christmas, and you can certainly bet that he'll ream some people out if and when he feels it's right.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:59 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
That's Drury's "media front". If you were expecting a vocal leader who explodes in front of the press, you're expecting something that isn't coming. You can bet your ass that this will ruin Drury's Christmas, and you can certainly bet that he'll ream some people out if and when he feels it's right.
I think Drury has about 7.05 million reasons why that won't ruin his christmas.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Bury Your Head

I'm not going to bash Drury even though I'd like to, but I think he'd have more of an impact as a CAPTAIN if he showed a tad bit of actual emotion during games. It's bad enough that his interviews are like watching a freshly mopped floor dry, but it's worse when Ovechkin ties the game at 4 and the bench looks like they've all been given lobotomies.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

This is the least of our problems. Drury could call up Messier and personally ask him for a word-for-word answer to every question that get's thrown this way, but that wouldn't change the fact that this team just isn't very good.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Drury is a highly competetive individual. The kind of guy who hates to lose anything, at any time. He could have A-Rod's contract, he'd still be mad about a loss, and I guarantee he is brooding over this as we speak.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Of course Drury is going to feed the PC answer to the media. I highly doubt Drury and Renney are going to completely ignore what happened last night, but its equally important to make sure the team moves on.
exactly what I was going to say... you saved me the time. If Drury called out players in the press that would be wrong. Keep it in house behind closed doors. We got a point. We are in 1st place. We aren't that good of a team to begin with it. At the Christmas break, I'll take it...

Old
12-24-2008, 11:15 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Good god, stop it with the ****ing salaries already. So you're saying that people who get paid more than you automatically lose all sense of being human?

I honestly think the mentioning of salaries should be banned around here. It's tiring reading post after post that includes a players salary followed by some dumb generalizations. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. Every one knows how much the players get paid, why do we have to constantly be reminded of it. Please, give it a rest already

Closed Thread