HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#37): 12/23/2008 Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers 7:00pm MSG

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2008, 11:17 AM
  #601
ap215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
I feel the same way guys i'm at a loss for words after yesterday's game.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
  #602
Stepan Razor
Registered User
 
Stepan Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
sometimes being insane is doing the sane things. if the coach sucks get rid of him. to others it might sound insane, but realistically it's the correct thing to do. Its the sane thing to do.
So you're saying he made the right move when he fired Julien after he led the team to the division crown? Even though they barely got by TB (remember how close games 5 and 6 were?) and then got smoked by Ottawa in the 2nd round?

I don't deny that we need a shakeup behind the bench. It's just not going to happen, yet.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
  #603
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I think it's common knowledge that he signed for less to play for the Cup
so he still signed for it. It doesn't make a difference. Drury and Gomez signed here to play for a cup (or for the most money, im not really sure which). Why can't we sign players for a discount instead of just throwing the most at them.

Lets see what Hossa signs for this next offseason. I still think it will be around for what Gomez and Drury got. and he's a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR better player than either of them.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
  #604
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Daily View Post
So you're saying he made the right move when he fired Julien after he led the team to the division crown? Even though they barely got by TB (remember how close games 5 and 6 were?) and then got smoked by Ottawa in the 2nd round?

I don't deny that we need a shakeup behind the bench. It's just not going to happen, yet.
I'm not saying it was right or wrong b/c we'll never know what Julien would have done. But if you believe that something is wrong w/ your team, system, life whatever you should go out and try to fix it immediately. Obviously lams saw something wrong w/ Julien, so he tried to fix it. To me that is sane. You see a flaw, and a problem you fix it. insane is watching the same problems repeat themselves, and believing that the 100th try will end differently than the 99th try even though nothing was changed.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
  #605
Stepan Razor
Registered User
 
Stepan Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I'm not saying it was right or wrong b/c we'll never know what Julien would have done. But if you believe that something is wrong w/ your team, system, life whatever you should go out and try to fix it immediately. Obviously lams saw something wrong w/ Julien, so he tried to fix it. To me that is sane. You see a flaw, and a problem you fix it. insane is watching the same problems repeat themselves, and believing that the 100th try will end differently than the 99th try even though nothing was changed.
I agree with the definition, I just don't agree that anything was drastically wrong. Sure the Devils were playing pretty lethargic, but a lot of those games down the stretch were close and Marty was WAY less than spectacular.

That firing was one of the most illogical things I've ever seen in sports.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
  #606
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Daily View Post
I agree with the definition, I just don't agree that anything was drastically wrong. Sure the Devils were playing pretty lethargic, but a lot of those games down the stretch were close and Marty was WAY less than spectacular.

That firing was one of the most illogical things I've ever seen in sports.
yeah it took everybody by surprise (myself included) and it didn't make much sense to me at the time. But I give lams credit, for taking action on what he thought was a problem. i wish Sather took action (and in a good way for once not a $7mil dollar horrible contract type of way).

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:34 AM
  #607
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
This is the result of a coach who preaches a reaction game rather than a dominate game philosophy. The fundamentals of his system are on solid defense and capitalizing on the opponents mistakes. Well, when the opponents don't make mistakes you're SOL. If you're always reacting defensively to a teams offense and looking to capitalize on their mistakes you're never in the position to bring the game to the opposition and dominate them. This should have been an 8-1 routing last night instead it turned into a 5-4 loss. This is what happens when the coaching staff has drilled a system into it's players where they play to tie rather than to win. RENNEY MUST GO!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:39 AM
  #608
HellOnIce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
About Julien that year. He lost that team a while back that season. The reason their record was what it was, was because of the players. The players on that team were (and still are) extremely smart guys who could win a 2-1 hockey game. They had flaws, which Ottawa exposed but even that series was close despite the 5 games. Getting back to Julien, there was a few losses that season which said pretty much what needed to be said. I said that he should've been fired after two games that year..including a March Boston loss and a loss to Toronto where it showed something was wrong. They went on to win a bunch of games after those, but it was clear it change needed to be made.

Lou sometimes sits back and lets something play out (Oduya, Mottau) and sometimes sees a problem and immediately rectify's it (Julien, Mogiln in 2005)

HellOnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:52 AM
  #609
Section311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Daily View Post
I'm sorry but Gomez and Drury don't have anywhere near the worst contract on the team. That belongs to Redden, who last night proved to me that he can no longer be an effective defenseman in the National Hockey League. Sure there were mistakes being made by other players, but to watch Redden get beat to puck after puck was mortifying.

WTF are we going to do with this contract
I agree that Redden's contract is the worst but I think Drury is a close second and not only because of the 7mill but because of the nmc. We really are never getting rid of that contract at least Redden you could waive and send him to hartford

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:54 AM
  #610
Section311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
so he still signed for it. It doesn't make a difference. Drury and Gomez signed here to play for a cup (or for the most money, im not really sure which). Why can't we sign players for a discount instead of just throwing the most at them.

Lets see what Hossa signs for this next offseason. I still think it will be around for what Gomez and Drury got. and he's a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR better player than either of them.

If Detriot ends up winning the cup I think that Hossa will def go after the most money he can get....be interesting to see what he does if they dont

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:02 PM
  #611
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
If Detriot ends up winning the cup I think that Hossa will def go after the most money he can get....be interesting to see what he does if they dont
I can see that. i actually would love to make a run for him this offseason though. If only we can get rid of Gomez, Drury, or Redden or all three. Santa make this christmas wish come true. Please. oh yeah don't forget to run over tom renney as you depart.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:11 PM
  #612
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
My reaction to this game:



That is all. Merry Christmas.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:23 PM
  #613
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,957
vCash: 500
I'll be the first to admit that i've gotten a little emotional and maybe short sighted with what has gone on the past few weeks with this team.

Its almost hysterical how we all get so pissed over this team and the coach, but this has been the best start this teams had since well before the lockout (shootout wins argument aside).

I just thought to myself, its Chrismtas and the Rangers are on pace to get 104 points.

Things arent that bad, today.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:38 PM
  #614
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Let's Go Rangers!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:39 PM
  #615
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'll be the first to admit that i've gotten a little emotional and maybe short sighted with what has gone on the past few weeks with this team.

Its almost hysterical how we all get so pissed over this team and the coach, but this has been the best start this teams had since well before the lockout (shootout wins argument aside).

I just thought to myself, its Chrismtas and the Rangers are on pace to get 104 points.

Things arent that bad, today.
I see what you're saying, and I would probably agree if our on ice play were a bit better. Right now though, I just can't bear to watch another second of Tom Renney hockey.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
  #616
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'll be the first to admit that i've gotten a little emotional and maybe short sighted with what has gone on the past few weeks with this team.

Its almost hysterical how we all get so pissed over this team and the coach, but this has been the best start this teams had since well before the lockout (shootout wins argument aside).

I just thought to myself, its Chrismtas and the Rangers are on pace to get 104 points.

Things arent that bad, today.
This is why I'm so optomistic, if our talent/players sucked, we could not of gotten out to such a great start, we've been notorious since the lockout of sucking it up in december and january, if we can make it to february and still be fighting for the atlantic lead, I think were in good shape, granted this group of players may be overpaid, but they are not choke artists. like i said earlier, i'll judge drury,gomez,redden and rosy's contracts in april.
While i dont think renney is a bad coach (I actually think hes been great for us), I'm afraid he may have lost the team, I think to the players he's become Tom, he's not Coach Renney anymore...bring in a closer or I'd like to see him bench someone of importance and take the team back

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
  #617
potvins4cups
Registered User
 
potvins4cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
so hes russian orthodox ?
He might be russian jew or he could be marxist atheist like so many other russians are.

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.