HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

hagman and huselius

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2004, 01:19 PM
little a from da bx

vCash: 500
hagman and huselius

FT. LAUDERDALE SUN-SENTINEL: Michael Russo reports former Florida Panther Scott Mellanby, who recently signed a two-year deal with the Atlanta Thrashers, is upset at the club for what he called "reneging" on a deal he'd agreed to with the club two weeks ago. Panthers GM Mike Keenan denied he'd reneged on that deal, saying that Mellanby never accepted it in the first place. Keenan is believed to be shopping Nicklas Hagman and Kristian Huselius and may be in the market for one of the top offensive UFA players if their asking price drops next month.

NYR needs left wings havent signed any so, what does sather do there are 2 left wings there both are young and shouldnt cost that much.huselius gets first line duty and hagman and garth murray switch on 2nd and 3rd line.they would be great fits for this rebuilding. like i said they shouldnt cost that much maybe a couple picks in the 06 draft, and one in the 05 draft. or maybe a coup[le drafts and a prospect ( b) something along those lines. these 2 kids have played in the nhl .huselius has the talent to score and hagman , dont know much about him but most likely 3rd liner but can maybe work out on 2nd for now, with him and murray switching on and off form second line to 3rd. a couple picks in the 06 daft plus a prospect wont hurt for a couple kids with evry good potential. if im sather i do it and go for it, im for maybe giving up something for some good youth, that can possibly work.. so what does he do????

Old
07-25-2004, 01:35 PM
nyr7andcounting

Hagman is nothing special, and at this point I wouldn't want to give up anything for him in a trade.

Huselius is better and has much more offensive upside. He has had success in the NHL before, but is still young enough to be part of the rebuild. If Sather doesn't resign Hlavac, than Huselius is a good option for 1st line LW.

Old
07-25-2004, 02:43 PM
gkrangers

How does Huselius' numbers compare to those of Lundmark?

Old
07-25-2004, 02:55 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrangers
How does Huselius' numbers compare to those of Lundmark?
well comparing lundmark to huselius is really pointless, lundmark is a ntural center and nyr needs a lw and huselius #'s over all are better, they are not kovalchuk #'s or gaborik #'s but does have the potential to be a offensive threat, and possibly a first line lw, and i dont think lundmark is going anywhere so im thinking u are trying to replace one with the other, which im not.lundmark stays and gets second line duty at center, even first if we dont sign a center , so either way lundmark will be here, and the addition of huselius would be great, if it came at a reasonable price.

Old
07-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Huseluis is a player I would love for us to get. I think he would really step it up if he came here. He is one of those players that just light it up at MSG when he plays there. I remember he had a few very very good games against us at the Garden.

Old
07-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Maggle Cole
VINTAGE WWE APP

Hagman is a good team player, he won't improve much # wise.
But I do think that Huselius will do alot better out of Florida.

Old
07-25-2004, 04:13 PM
gkrangers

What is Huselius' contract status?

Old
07-25-2004, 06:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Mike Keenan has been trying to move Kristian Huselius ever since he became GM

Keenan is not looking for much in return and he can't move him

Old
07-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Chief

Seems like Keenan has been rumored to want both of these guys traded ever since he was coaching Florida. Huselius has shown a scorer's touch. I think it was two years ago when he started the season off really strong, scoring a bunch of goals. I remember this because I figured he couldn't keep up his scoring pace and I fleeced someone in my fantasy league by trading him for Jovanovski!

Hagman is a guy who I remember looked tremendous for Finland in the last Olympics. Threw his body around really well. He never seemed to play the same in the NHL.

As of now, the Rangers only real LW is Garth Murray, so anyone who is available will look interesting. I don't expect the Rangers to want to give anything up of substance to get either of these guys.

Old
07-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
As of now, the Rangers only real LW is Garth Murray, so anyone who is available will look interesting.
I thought Murray was a natural center who's been playing RW for the past few years.

Old
07-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Chief

On this team, playing LW for the past few years, is as close as we've got to a real LW.

Old
07-26-2004, 12:37 PM
JJ68NYR

Ok now thats two guys sather should definitely get.

Novolseltsev and Huselius are two we should have in are rebuilding process especially when there both NHL ready

Old
07-26-2004, 02:48 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Mike Keenan has been trying to move Kristian Huselius ever since he became GM

Keenan is not looking for much in return and he can't move him
well what do u consider not much.??? im not sure like a 3rd rounder or 4th

Old
07-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
Ok now thats two guys sather should definitely get.

Novolseltsev and Huselius are two we should have in are rebuilding process especially when there both NHL ready
Well we can get Novolseltsev for just cash, isn't he unrestricted?

Closed Thread