HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver and Edmonton

Old
12-25-2008, 12:06 AM
supeg*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
I say no to this trade even if the OIlers is not a division rival.

First off, Souray will not be the productive player he is in Edmonton if hes in Vancouver. His ice time will be cut, because of the depth we already have on Defence. Ice time down, point production will be down. He will probably not out point Bieska, and if you do the math, Souray will be considered a horrible contract for the Canucks, as hes not even our leading point getter on the blue line.

second, this trade puts us over the cap.

3rd, HIs salary is horrible. 5.4 million for the next 4 years? Im sorry. Not gonna happen. MIght as well invest that, and maybe a little more and sign Neidermeyer.

4th, I really like Raymond and Edler.

of course he would. Horcoff will give us a better chance at winning the cup then someone liek Janik Hansen. But cmon.

Souray's contract is horrible.

Just another Oiler fans making a salary dump offer. You guys have been putting Penner in trade offers, you guys have used Horcoff a million times, because hes set to make 5.5 million for the next 6 years. Nice try. Keep your bad contract players.

Huh? Souray's contract is fine and he is FAR better then any defenceman on your team.

No from the Oilers on this trade. Edler had a decent rookie year last year (Gilbert's was better however) but this year he sucks and is overpaid now.

I would not take Any 1 player not named Luongo on your team + Edler for Souray.

He is gold this year, does friggen EVERYTHING for us. Him and Hemsky are the only ones lighting it up.

supeg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Shaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeg93 View Post
Huh? Souray's contract is fine and he is FAR better then any defenceman on your team.

No from the Oilers on this trade. Edler had a decent rookie year last year (Gilbert's was better however) but this year he sucks and is overpaid now.

I would not take Any 1 player not named Luongo on your team + Edler for Souray.

He is gold this year, does friggen EVERYTHING for us. Him and Hemsky are the only ones lighting it up.
He's uh.. making the same salary this year.

I'd definitely think that you'd have a hard time arguing that he's "far" better than any single Canuck defenceman. He's a quality D for sure, but I don't think you're giving the Ohlunds, Bieksas and Mitchells enough respect.

I would most assuredly not be happy with this trade.

Shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBenz View Post
You have a good point to, but when Edler matures you get a really good defenseman; hence, if you didn't trade Souray, you would have nothing at all. Remember Edler is signed for four more years!
And Souray is signed for 3 more years after this one. It's not like he's a UFA or anything. The Oilers aren't going to have nothing at all, they are going to have Souray for the remainder of his contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBenz View Post
Raymond isn't undersize if u consider gagner and cogliano. Raymond is 6 feet tall and has blazing speed so his size shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I'm more concerned about his weight than his height. 6'0, sure... but 165 pounds? The guy is one of the smallest players in the league. Cogliano and Gagner are both much more solidly built than Raymond. Although I do like Raymond.

As I said, this is too much for Vancouver to give up. But it isn't really a deal that makes a lot of sense for Edmonton.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 01:04 AM
The Polak*

Souray would not want to play in vancouver infront of those "fans", and since he has a NMC.....

The Polak* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polak View Post
Souray would not want to play in vancouver infront of those "fans", and since he has a NMC.....
I am sure fans are the last thing on his mind while making that kind of decision. That said, I don't think Souray is going to be traded.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote