HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester and Horton to Montreal

Old
12-25-2008, 12:28 AM
NHL33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Nobody's going to take his gigantic contract. You'd have to add two firsts and Staal.
I thought Marc was on the Rangers?

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Draft picks overrated much?
Depends on the draft pick. A lot of the players drafted top ten this year, I think, are more valuable than both Kostitsyns. Like I said, if Florida is only on a hot streak, they could be looking at a very good young player.

Allen Degenerate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 01:57 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Horton is on pace for 35 whole points and Bouwmeester is on pace for 45............these guys are just lighting it up!!!

I don't know what Florida fans are thinking they will get for these guys, but with Horton making $4M and producing close to diddly and Bouwmeester not exactly the #1 D-man offensively and a pending UFA, I think the package that Florida does get will surprise many......

And some can argue about potential and all that, well the same argument can be applied to the players from Montreal.........Plecanec is potentially a 70 point center, Higgins is potenitally a 35 goal man, McDonaugh is potentially a #1 D-man.........

My offer from Montreal...

To MTL: Horton, 1st rd pick
To FLA: A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn
From your statements you've obviously never seen Bouwmeester play, so ****.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 02:21 AM
FF de Mars

About the salary cap, it's true, guys like Dandenault would have to be waived. About Komisarek, the hab wouldn't deal him. However, for a team like Florida, I would think that McDonaugh is more valuable than soon to be UFA Komisarek. Finally, if Florida does not want want to sell, then this trade proposal is useless... but are they really going to hold on to Bouwmeester ? And are they really going to make the playoffs ? I assumed not. I might be wrong. I don't know the future. But that's what I assumed.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 08:18 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
About the salary cap, it's true, guys like Dandenault would have to be waived. About Komisarek, the hab wouldn't deal him. However, for a team like Florida, I would think that McDonaugh is more valuable than soon to be UFA Komisarek. Finally, if Florida does not want want to sell, then this trade proposal is useless... but are they really going to hold on to Bouwmeester ? And are they really going to make the playoffs ? I assumed not. I might be wrong. I don't know the future. But that's what I assumed.
No problem. Fans in Canada rarely see the Panthers play and most media information is inaccurate.

Martin has proven to be a much better GM than he was a coach, including the hiring of DeBoer, who is an excellent teacher, a strong motivator with a system that actually fits the team's personnel. The icing on the cake is that the players, for the first time I can remember in the last decade, are not only winning, but are happy to be here, including J-Bo, who suddenly starting becoming physical for the first time in his career.

This would have sounded crazy a couple of months ago, but it is looking more and more like J-Bo is going to resign. Horton too is showing signs of life as he returns from injury. Last game against the Preds, I watched him play defense, back check and, dare I say it, hustle. All in all, we are not currently interested in selling any of our potential young stars, but things may change by the TDL.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 08:38 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
And why not? Just curious. They are a point behind both Carolina and Buffalo, with two games and one game in hand respectively. Whether or not they are on a hot streak right now remains to be seen, but their 9-2-3 record in their last 14 has to say something about them. Sure they arent the Bs or Sharks, but I think they are good enough to get the 6-7-8 seed. And I think they have as good a chance as Carolina, and a better chance than Buffalo. And know this, that 9-2-3 record was without Booth, Horton, Zednik, Olesz, and some of Stillman in the lineup, and replaced by rookies. No disrespect to the aforementioned teams, but this is a completely different team than we are used to in South Florida.

I will say that I dont think Martin will hold on to Bouwmeester for the season. Sure the playoffs is a big step for this young team, but losing Bouw for negotiating picks in the offseason would be a foolish thing to do. Martin will probably know what Bouw and his agent are thinking by the second week in January at the latest, with some type of news coming out soon after. My opinion, Martin goes back to the 3/$21 million he offered Bouw in the offseason, and he accepts it. Its not a long term deal, but its long enough to where he can see how the team is doing, and if it doesnt go to his liking, he is a UFA at 29, still in his prime.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
No problem. Fans in Canada rarely see the Panthers play and most media information is inaccurate.

Martin has proven to be a much better GM than he was a coach, including the hiring of DeBoer, who is an excellent teacher, a strong motivator with a system that actually fits the team's personnel. The icing on the cake is that the players, for the first time I can remember in the last decade, are not only winning, but are happy to be here, including J-Bo, who suddenly starting becoming physical for the first time in his career.

This would have sounded crazy a couple of months ago, but it is looking more and more like J-Bo is going to resign. Horton too is showing signs of life as he returns from injury. Last game against the Preds, I watched him play defense, back check and, dare I say it, hustle. All in all, we are not currently interested in selling any of our potential young stars, but things may change by the TDL.

Good.

All in all I wouldn't want our GM (Bob Gainey) to trade a 1st Round Pick (it will be in Montreal in '09, btw) and Ryan McDonagh (excellent TOP 2 Dman potential). Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, D'Agostini, PK Subban, Maxwell, Weber, etc...are all great talents and GREAT for the SALARY CAP NHL.

Bouwmeester: UFA, UFA, UFA...you'd be renting a very talented but soft top 2 dman.
Horton: talented and gritty but inconsistent work ethic...the only thing I may like (not 100% sure 'cause of his work ethic) is his contract...('08-'09) 3.500 ('09-'10) 3.5 mil (10-11) 4 mil (11-12) 4.5mil (12-13) 5.5mil

I wouldn't mind taking a risk on Horton, but the HABS have Pacioretty (PF), and with time maybe we'll see whether or not D'Agostini can be considered a PF or PF light!! (also...why would Florida trade Horton? he has a decent contract for his talent).

Bouwmeester...? I'd pass if I were the HABS' GM. Plus, my prediction on him signing...not looking good, but I could be absolutely wrong. Lastl but not least, let other teams OVERPAY for Bouwmeester...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-25-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 09:27 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Good.

All in all I wouldn't want our GM (Bob Gainey) to trade a 1st Round Pick (it will be in Montreal in '09, btw) and Ryan McDonagh (excellent TOP 2 Dman potential). Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, D'Agostini, PK Subban, Maxwell, Weber, etc...are all great talents and GREAT for the SALARY CAP NHL.

Bouwmeester: UFA, UFA, UFA...you'd be renting a very talented but soft top 2 dman.
Horton: talented and gritty but inconsistent work ethic...the only thing I may like (not 100% sure 'cause of his work ethic) is his contract...('08-'09) 3.500 ('09-'10) 3.5 mil (10-11) 4 mil (11-12) 4.5mil (12-13) 5.5mil

I wouldn't mind taking a risk on Horton, but the HABS have Pacioretty (PF), and with time maybe we'll see whether or not D'Agostini can be considered a PF or PF light!! (also...why would Florida trade Horton? he has a decent contract for his talent).

Bouwmeester...? I'd pass if I were the HABS' GM. Plus, my prediction on him signing...not looking good, but I could be absolutely wrong. Lastl but not least, let other teams OVERPAY for Bouwmeester...
I guess what has a lot of us more upbeat about him signing here is what he has been saying the past few weeks. A lot of things have been going right for us in that span, and when most of us thought a few weeks ago a trade was inevitable, now its looking a little different. This little 14 game thing isnt going to change his mind, but if we just keep it up and go into mid-January in or near the top eight, I think he re-ups for at least three years. Even another year extension would so good faith on his part.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I guess what has a lot of us more upbeat about him signing here is what he has been saying the past few weeks. A lot of things have been going right for us in that span, and when most of us thought a few weeks ago a trade was inevitable, now its looking a little different. This little 14 game thing isnt going to change his mind, but if we just keep it up and go into mid-January in or near the top eight, I think he re-ups for at least three years. Even another year extension would so good faith on his part.
Thanks for the info...didn't know JayBo said that...

To tell you the truth, and not too many HAB fans will like me for saying/writing this, but here goes...I hope Bouwmeester signs a 3-4 year contract with your Florida; and I hope Komisarek signs a 3 or 4 year contract with my Montreal!!!

Cheers!! (Happy Holidays to you and everyone and...Happy New Year!! ).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
Horrible ...its so bad that you shouldnt be allowed to post on HF.
Typical mtl homer....over rating your players...

Bouwmeester and Horton in a package would command WAY more than what you offered...
just a straight up ugly proposal
Horton for Higgins and Plekanec

Bouwmeester for Mcdonagh and a 1st

What's the ****ing problem?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 11:16 AM
dougd

Regarding the original offer.

Value is pretty close IMO, but even though McDonough is supposed to be a real up and comer, immediate def help would have to replace JB which MTL wouldn't be able to provide as either Komiserek or Markov wouldn't be going back and Hamrlik is getting long in the tooth. The other MTL D-men do not have the ingredients that Florida would want, so the decision for them baced on this deal would be to downgrade their immed. overall defence with the expectation that McD will require a 2-3 maturing process before his predicted impactfulness blooms.

dougd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 11:27 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I think the reason Komisarek couldn't be dealt for JayBo is because that would put Montreal with all 3 of their best defenseman on the left, with nobody of consequence (depends on what you think of Gorges) on the right.

12-25-2008, 11:31 AM
dougd

Agree Red, plus the fact he is just too darn good defensively to give up.

dougd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
Most would say that Bouw is the best defenseman on Florida. If he's flipped to Montreal, you should expect a top defenseman coming the other way. Florida is breaking out of their building phase and doesn't need all solid prospects (e.g. McDonaugh; although Patrioretty is unbelievable!) as much as they need players that are really coming along nicely (e.g. Komisarek). I think it's a safe bet that any trade between those two for Bouw should include Komisarek going to Florida.
If I was Fla I would not touch Komasarek as he is a UFA at season's end and This would make it a much riskier deal for them.

If Fla moves these players they are worth way more separate.

as for the MTL offers in this thread, they are not hugely off valuewise, but the MTL fans seems to forget that there are 29 other teams in this league and most of them have bigger holes than MTL. If or when these 2 players became available then other teams would likely top those offers, which is the reason the FLA fans are so up in arms about your proposals.

From an oiler Standpoint our offer for for Jaybo and horton would be soemthing like:

Gilbert, Cogliano or Gagner, Petry and a 1st( likely in top 10)

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 12:42 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
If I was Fla I would not touch Komasarek as he is a UFA at season's end and This would make it a much riskier deal for them.

If Fla moves these players they are worth way more separate.

as for the MTL offers in this thread, they are not hugely off valuewise, but the MTL fans seems to forget that there are 29 other teams in this league and most of them have bigger holes than MTL. If or when these 2 players became available then other teams would likely top those offers, which is the reason the FLA fans are so up in arms about your proposals.

From an oiler Standpoint our offer for for Jaybo and horton would be soemthing like:

Gilbert, Cogliano or Gagner, Petry and a 1st( likely in top 10)
How about: Vokoun, Horton, 2nd in 09 for Roloson. Hemsky, Cogliano & Petry

Old
12-25-2008, 12:54 PM
SkitsoFrantic

Quote:
How about: Vokoun, Horton, 2nd in 09 for Roloson. Hemsky, Cogliano & Petry
you're kidding...right????

SkitsoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I love the trades people come up with.

Hey Penguins, how about this:

Zednik, Kreps, Stewart, Matthias, 1st, 2nd, Conditional 3rd, 4th and 6th for Crosby

I mean come one, we're offering 9 pieces (6 of which pretty much suck) for your one!

Whoever said Markov would have to come to Florida is dead on right. If you want Bouwmeester and Horton, it starts with Markov and add something else to it.
No going to comment on the original offer, but why would you feel the need to be such ironic that it's almost insulting.

The original offer doesnt have anything to do with that one. First Bouwmeester and Horton vs Crosby is just 2 different dimensions.

Second, the original offer containt 4 pieces (not a dozen), including 2 young "veterans", a centerman who already have a 70 pts season under his belt and a 3 time 24+ goals scorer (in 3 seasons), a 1st rounder and a 11th overall player who has done nothing but shows why up to this point.

There not a single bad piece in that offer. It might very well not be enough for all i care. But rejecting it by comparing it to offering the likes of Zednik, conditionnal 3rd, 4th and 6 th rounders for Crosby doesnt nearly brings anything to the discussion.

MÍme chose p

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 01:39 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Here is my proposal :

Bouwmeester and Horton
for
Higgins, Plekanek, McDonaugh and a 1st

I've been thinking about it and I'm wondering what fans from both teams think. I think it could help both teams, but what would I need to add or take out ?
From a Montreal fan I would pass. Giving up too much youth(Draft in Montreal next year, McDonough is a stud defenseman) and we don't have the caproom to make a deal like this.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 02:09 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitsoFrantic View Post
you're kidding...right????
No harm in asking. It is Christmas--a time of gift giving