HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brendan Witt

Old
12-26-2008, 02:16 AM
roc1091

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD-devil950003 View Post
I have always wanted Witt on the Devils blueline, would a package including Pandolfo, Bergfors be of any interest?

Add on if you feel the package needs more
how bout ur 1st rounder in 09 nd tedenby
lol but idt the isles would hav much interest in pandolfo idk much bout bergfors

roc1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:20 AM
ADD-devil950003

haha i would say pando and a 1st but imo i cannot see Lou trading any one of the 1st or 2nd round picks this year. Just for fun(not that i would want to trade madden) how about a package of madden and pandolfo for a package involving witt+

ADD-devil950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Then I get even more pissed because I know there's no way the two would deal with one another.
OK, just for kicks. At the deadline:

Witt
Guerin

Korpikoski
Sauer

NYR gets the dman you want, and scoring on the wing for the stretch run (assuming Guerin agrees to a waive his NTC; given that he would not need to uproot his family, I could see him obliging).

Isles hope Korpikoski develops and slot him and his speed alongside Taveras/Duchene, whichever top C they draft this summer. (I'm assuming here.) Though a huge question mark at this point, Korpikoski, as you know, possesses speed and creativity, and as a natural center (playmaker), he "could" morph into the ideal winger for Taveras.

Sauer adds youth, size on NYI's backline. On the other hand, Witt's contract beyond this year is an issue for a team up against the cap. And NYI would have to replace Witt somehow.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:22 AM
roc1091

Quote:
haha i would say pando and a 1st but imo i cannot see Lou trading any one of the 1st or 2nd round picks this year. Just for fun(not that i would want to trade madden) how about a package of madden and pandolfo for a package involving witt+
i cant picture the isles wanting anything other than ur top young prospects and/or 1st or 2nd rounders

Old
12-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
I have always wanted Witt on the Devils blueline, would a package including Pandolfo, Bergfors be of any interest?

Add on if you feel the package needs more
i dont think the Devils and Islanders would ever trade with each other, and i really dont think any package including those players would get it done unless we add in a first round pick, and that isnt happening.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:23 AM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc1091 View Post
i cant picture the isles wanting anything other than ur top young prospects and/or 1st or 2nd rounders
Bergfors is one of the devils top foward prospects

Old
12-26-2008, 02:24 AM
roc1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post

Witt
Guerin

Korpikoski
Sauer

NYR gets the dman you want, and scoring on the wing for the stretch run (assuming Guerin agrees to a waive his NTC; given that he would not need to uproot his family, I could see him obliging).

Isles hope Korpikoski develops and slot him and his speed alongside Taveras/Duchene, whichever top C they draft this summer. (I'm assuming here.) Though a huge question mark at this point, Korpikoski, as you know, possesses speed and creativity, and as a natural center (playmaker), he "could" morph into the ideal winger for Taveras.

Sauer adds youth, size on NYI's backline. On the other hand, Witt's contract beyond this year is an issue for a team up against the cap. And NYI would have to replace Witt somehow.
i think we can get much more for those 2 guys especially if we traded them to the rangers how bout del zotto dawes nd a 1st if they want guerin nd witt

Old
12-26-2008, 02:25 AM
roc1091

Quote:
Bergfors is one of the devils top foward prospects
dont kno much bout him but if they offered bergfors nd a 1st i think the isles would hav to take a long look at it

Old
12-26-2008, 02:26 AM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
i dont think the Devils and Islanders would ever trade with each other, and i really dont think any package including those players would get it done unless we add in a first round pick, and that isnt happening.

We traded with them for lukowich a couple years back. I wasnt sure what Witts value was that why i originally was asking if a package involving/starting with Pando and Bergfors would be attractive at all.

Old
12-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
i think we can get much more for those 2 guys especially if we traded them to the rangers how bout del zotto dawes nd a 1st if they want guerin nd witt
Personally, I have no desire to see NYI add another "offensive" smaller D prospect to a pipeline that already possesses several. They need (mobile) size on the backline. And I project Korpikoski, should he reach his potential, maxing out as a higher level forward than Dawes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Agreed. Players mentioned on the Devils side, aside from possibly Bergfors, are of no value whatsoever to NYI.

Old
12-26-2008, 02:28 AM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
dont kno much bout him but if they offered bergfors nd a 1st i think the isles would hav to take a long look at it

Bergfors is one of those guys that just has to crack a lineup imo (devils are deep with fowards so it is a very uphill battle for him). i dont think he will ever be a 80+ point guy, but i can see him being a solid 60+ point 2nd line winger.

Old
12-26-2008, 02:30 AM
roc1091

Quote:
Personally, I have no desire to see NYI add another "offensive" smaller D prospect to a pipeline that already possesses several. They need (mobile) size on the backline. And I project Korpikoski, should he reach his potential, maxing out as a higher level forward than Dawes.
witt nd guerin for those 2 seems way to cheap for me especially if we r gonna deal wit the rags

Old
12-26-2008, 02:33 AM
roc1091

Quote:
Bergfors is one of those guys that just has to crack a lineup imo (devils are deep with fowards so it is a very uphill battle for him). i dont think he will ever be a 80+ point guy, but i can see him being a solid 60+ point 2nd line winger.
if he has that kind of potential the isles would prob be interested in a deal ivolving bergfors but as u said before lou would be hesitant to giv up the picks necessary that would prob cause the deal to fall through

Old
12-26-2008, 02:35 AM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
if he has that kind of potential the isles would prob be interested in a deal ivolving bergfors but as u said before lou would be hesitant to giv up the picks necessary that would prob cause the deal to fall through

haha ok i will give up the dream of Witt in devils red and black

Old
12-26-2008, 02:35 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Witt
Guerin

Korpikoski
Sauer

If we could find a take for Redden or Rozsival, either in this deal or elsewhere, I would do this trade because it is a very, very fair price.

Quote:
We don't want either bad enough to deal Del Zotto. The Rangers seem especially high on him, and he did look quite impressive in pre-season. Still, his omission from Canada's WJC team IS a bit disappointing.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:37 AM
roc1091

Quote:
If we could find a take for Redden or Rozsival, either in this deal or elsewhere, I would do this trade because it is a very, very fair price.

We don't want either bad enough to deal Del Zotto. The Rangers seem especially high on him, and he did look quite impressive in pre-season. Still, his omission from Canada's WJC team IS a bit disappointing.
but as u said earlier the rags nd isles would have trouble dealing wit each other nd if the rags r in the win now dont care bout the future attitude (like always) they will hav to giv up a guy lik del zotto to make the deal work

Old
12-26-2008, 02:41 AM
roc1091

Quote:
haha ok i will give up the dream of Witt in devils red and black
haha dont jus stop dreaming cuz wat i think mayb the devils would giv up bergfors nd another young prospect to get witt off the island

Old
12-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
For NYI, I would be much more interested in Rozsival than Redden, given that Redden's deal is for five more years beyond this season, while Rozsival's is "only" for three more. (I still cannot believe how a SUPERB, in-his-prime dman like Redden deteriorates to the extent, and as quickly as, he has over the last 2.5 seasons.)

Add a #2 coming back from NYI? If one looks at it from the perspective of a #2 for Rozsival, it's not a fair deal. If one looks at it as opening up cap space, so NYR could pursue the rest of this hypothetical trade, it makes more sense.

Anyway, all for fun.

Old
12-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Dan-o16

Just a point that hasn't been covered yet:

For the last two seasons, Witt's level of play decreased in the second half of the season. I think that's because he accumulates injuries and fatigue, as he's asked to play 22-25 minutes per night, and he plays a physical game.

That said, if I'm a GM, I don't want him at the deadline if he's logged too many minutes. He's worth more to me *now*, when I can bring him along in his recovery with smaller minutes than he would later, when I have no control over the state of his health at the end of the year.

So, I think Witt is worth considerably more now than he will at the deadline.

That said, the Islanders will not move him. They just don't have the bodies. If he goes, they become a complete embarrassment.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:

Agreed. Players mentioned on the Devils side, aside from possibly Bergfors, are of no value whatsoever to NYI.
DelZotto is 6' 210 or so I think. His problem is that he has no hockey sense. But I agree, we do need to add more size to our blueline's pipeline. They did a decent job this year at the draft. The gritty Harmonic and the hard shooting Finnish guy Niemi are both over 6'. Niemi was also pretty highly rated pretty highly by others outside of the organization. But if they are looking for actual players rather than picks I would like them to target mobile defenseman with size if presented the option.

I'd have no problem moving Witt if we get back a a good sized mobile defenseman who is nudged off his teams squad for a lack of experience. But I would much rather keep him because he is a warrior and a guy who I would want around players who are adapting to the NHL which is necesary for any successful rebuild.

Last edited by Hipster Doofus: 12-26-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
DelZotto is 6' 210 or so I think.
I've seen him listed anywhere from 5'9" to 5'11" (including on this board).

Old
12-28-2008, 01:51 AM
David71

wiit for salo? makes the d that much tougher.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
wiit for salo? makes the d that much tougher.
I'd counter by offering a 3rd or 4th rounder for Salo. Given his injury problems, I doubt he has any real market value. But, he would be a good fill in on the Island with all our injuries.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote