HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Your opinion -- Chipchura's Future

View Poll Results: What is Kyle's future?
Kyle will be a full-time Hab one of the next times he is called up 75 75.00%
He'll be a Hamilton mainstay with few-to-no NHL games until his contract runs out (signs elsewhere) 2 2.00%
Kyle will strive to be a Hab before he is ultimately shipped to a different team 16 16.00%
He won't amount to any recognizable in the NHL 7 7.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-26-2008, 06:23 AM
MrNasty

vCash: 500
He will be full time next year as he is a cheap 3rd line centre. But since this is not an option I will say he will be full time this year...

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 06:25 AM
WeezyHabFan

Peace Out Chipchura

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 07:22 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Agreed !!

What a waste of a first round pick this guy is !!

A future turtle on skate with 4th line upside who will probably be nothing more than a Career AHLer...

Just ship this guy out of this town Bob, while he might still have some value... And bring his friend Higgins with him too if you don't mind Mr. Gainey...
Mods, can nothing be done about this?

It's not debate, it's baiting, hoping for attention.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 07:31 AM
eddy

In the games he's played with the Habs I think he's looked very solid. If it weren't for the depth of this team I think he'd be in the NHL right now. I say full time player next year for sure, maybe this year if he gets a chance and impresses enough to stick, but it'll be tough with all the forwards we have, plus looks like D'agostini will be staying.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 07:39 AM
zurg999

When Lang was signed it was really obvious that Chipchura had another year to wait. I think the fact the fact that he (and Webber) were kept around the team at the start of the season speaks volumes about what the organization thinks about him.

I've seen about a dozen Hamilton games in person this year and would guess that he still has a solid NHL future. He's scoring at nearly a point a game (with no PP time), on the ice primarily against the top opposition lines.

The interesting change this year is how hungry he looks to put points up. Last season he seemed to stay between the circles while in defensive zone coverage, even after his team had recovered. Now he's usually up ice quickly looking for a lead pass. That, combined with playing with Russell, and on a more balanced team overall, seems to have accounted for the scoring numbers.

There's a lot of interaction at the bench with Lever too. It looks the coach is sounding stuff off him at times. Really great for a kid to gain that level of confidence from a pro coach.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 07:52 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
paying a guy almost a milion to be in ahl, you tellin me he cant be as good as lapierre, latendresse or kostopolo,
the only reason he's not in montreal is b/c of carboneau
and plz dont ask how u know
what else could it be
he's not better than maxwell?
Chipchura makes 70,300K in the AHL since he's on a 2 way rookie contract. He would make 860K in the NHL with a cap hit of 942,800.

He injured his groin right before Maxwell was recalled, there's no doubt it would have been Chipchura that would have been recalled, especially since he was on fire since getting the C for the Dogs (has a 5 game pts streak with 6 pts in his last 3 games and 8 over the 5) while those numbers aren't jaw dropping, he's putting up the points with Greg Stewart and Ryan Russell as linemates.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Iwishihadacup

Right now, the only reason why he wasn't recalled was because of injury. I will make a bold prediction. he will get recalled next injury, book it

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Toro

Kyle will be a full-time Hab one of the next times he is called up

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Kman777

For all those who think Chipchura is going to be a nobody, Timmins was on XM on Sunday and he RAVED about Chipchura. Said he would and should be with the team now if it weren't for the depth we have. He's our best player along the boards, fights, hits, is near perfect defensively, and has underrated playmaking. He's definitely going to stick with the Habs next year, if he doesn't find a permanent spot somehow this year. He compared him to Gainey, Jarvis, Carbonneau and believes it's only a little while before he'll have a letter on his jersey.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
For all those who think Chipchura is going to be a nobody, Timmins was on XM on Sunday and he RAVED about Chipchura. Said he would and should be with the team now if it weren't for the depth we have. He's our best player along the boards, fights, hits, is near perfect defensively, and has underrated playmaking. He's definitely going to stick with the Habs next year, if he doesn't find a permanent spot somehow this year. He compared him to Gainey, Jarvis, Carbonneau and believes it's only a little while before he'll have a letter on his jersey.
I'll wait and see. I hope Timmins is right. I just think he's too slow.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
I know I wouldn't bet against Timmins. I've said it before, did not like the pick at the time, but understood it, since the year before they went with the home run type in Kostitsyn, it did seem smart to take a safe pick. But during his calder cup run his line was the Dogs best line imo and I felt that after Price, Chipchura was the Dogs best player, at least best forward.

I liked what I saw from him in the NHL last year, but this in Hamilton as zurg999 said, Chipchura looks hungry, especially since getting the C. It's just too bad about the injuries. Still I hope to see him continue to work on his skating, foot speed and face-offs. It looks like he's done all of that this year but continued improvement will only help him.

His puck protection skills are sick, and he can dish the puck, I do think he's got underrated offensive skills. He's had some nice fights too.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Haddock

Hopefully fourth line center to start next season, then we'll see.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:42 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
He reminds me of a bigger Dougie Risebrough or Brian Skrudlund. He is better than Skrudlund at the same age.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Chipchura was one of my favourite all-time draft picks by the Habs, has been one of my favourite prospects in the system, and I think is perfectly on track to be one of my all-time favourite players.

Of course, I said the same about Terry Ryan.

But it sounds like Chipchura just keeps taking every "next step" that he needs to, and is now basically an impact all-star calibre player in the AHL. I don't see any reason to doubt he'll be a very solid NHLer for many many years.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 06:13 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Chippy called up, ZOMGZX

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

he will be a full time regular next season imo

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 07:46 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Agreed !!

What a waste of a first round pick this guy is !!

A future turtle on skate with 4th line upside who will probably be nothing more than a Career AHLer...

Just ship this guy out of this town Bob, while he might still have some value... And bring his friend Higgins with him too if you don't mind Mr. Gainey...

that little sawed off runt sergay kostitsyn should be traded and fast, teams dont win cups with little wee girls like sergay in the lineup !!!!! trade him for a bag of pucks bob !!!!

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote