HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pavel Kubina to Dallas

Old
12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Fly Like a C5

vCash: 500
Your point is what? They are three points out of 8th place, this season isn't a write off yet. Will they win the Stanley Cup this season? No, but the playoffs aren't out of the question. The Stars can work on solving their problems through free agency this summer. Even if they became "sellars" who are they going to move? Zubov? He's injured. Lehtinen? Maybe but he'll have to stay healthy. Avery? Nobody wants him. Sydor? Parrish? Janik? You're not going to get an upgrade for those players. The Stars will want to hold onto players like Ribeiro and Richards. The Stars should stay will the line up that they have. No need to go crazy over one poor season.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
TRIARII*

im not up to date on the exact star roster / contract states so cant say whom they could move in expectation that this season is an L . its just that with , from how i understand the injury reports , their two best players out for season they arent going very far and thusly i wouldnt spend any futures attempting to salvage the season . all the while ide be selling those not in long term picture in order to prepare for the future .

TRIARII* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Fly Like a C5

The only problem is that the only players that are not a part of the Stars long term plans are Zubov and Lehtinen. Zubov is out for the rest of the season so he won't be traded. Lehtinen could be moved, but that will depend on if he can stay healthy and how the Stars are playing. If Lehtinen gets traded it will be at the deadline and only if the Stars are out of the playoff picture. Every other player that would bring a decent return in trade (i.e. Morrow, Ribeiro, Richards, Neal etc.) are part of the Star's long term plans. Players like Avery, Sydor, Parrish and Janik aren't going to bring much in return.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 08:58 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
-3 points out of 8th playoff spot
-7-3-1 last 11 games with healthy bodies coming back and Avery leaving
-2nd-year Eriksson with 18G-8A-26P
-rookie Neal with 11G-3A-14P
-rookie Brunnstrom with 10G-4A-14P

Again, glad you're not.
You gotta love the guys that tell you start the rebuild because your not in 8th place right now. Well I guess you are running out of time there are only less then 50 games left and you still need 3 count them 3 points to get in. Could this miracle actually happen? Dare to dream.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
You gotta love the guys that tell you start the rebuild because your not in 8th place right now. Well I guess you are running out of time there are only less then 50 games left and you still need 3 count them 3 points to get in. Could this miracle actually happen? Dare to dream.
Oh we Stars fans know that a playoff spots is waaaaay off in the horizon, but we've sure got our fingers crossed that the Stars can pull off a miracle and climb alllllllllll the way back in!

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Oh we Stars fans know that a playoff spots is waaaaay off in the horizon, but we've sure got our fingers crossed that the Stars can pull off a miracle and climb alllllllllll the way back in!
I love the Dallas Stars but unless they start stringing consecutive wins ( by consecutive, I mean at least 5 straight) they will be merely scratching their way to 8th place.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:42 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
I love the Dallas Stars but unless they start stringing consecutive wins ( by consecutive, I mean at least 5 straight) they will be merely scratching their way to 8th place.
there 4 points out of 8th with 2 games in hand. So it's not a huge stretch. They are 6 3 1 in there last ten. Your definately moving in the right direction

Old
12-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
This is from a Leafs fan.

Is Pavel Kubina just what the Dallas Stars need ? Yes ! He's a good defenseman who plays a very good two-way style. He can be leaned on to provide toughness, defense and offense when need be. He's got a howitzer of a slapshot and his play elevates in pressure situations. He plays his heart on the sleeves, and is truly underrated by Leafs fans.

However ... the proposal regarding James Neal + 1st is an overpayment by Dallas, IMO. I think it could be either one of those, if at all.

Other than that, I can see a potential deal revolving Dallas's first or Jamie Benn + Steve Ott.

So essentially, IMO, an offer should look something like this ..

Pavel Kubina

for

Steve Ott + Jamie Benn/1st
LOL! Jamie Benn? yea right how about Kubina and your own 1st for Benn.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
LOL! Jamie Benn? yea right how about Kubina and your own 1st for Benn.
What else is Toronto going to throw in?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 12:44 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

talk about overating a prospect.