HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Still a little short...

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2004, 12:31 PM
branko_81

vCash: 500
Still a little short...

if the oil end up signin nedved that means they are still short a center man(based on the roster they had the majority of the year with out reasoner) because oates retired... so i am wondering whole you think will step up or get a chanse this year or when ever NHL starts up again... do you think we will sign a free agent or let one of our young guns get a shot and who do you think it will be?

Old
07-27-2004, 12:36 PM
copperandblue

Nedved - York - Horcoff - Stoll - Reasoner (health is a question mark)

I don't know, I think they do alright by only adding 1 center. If Reasoner is ready to got hey move Horcoff to the wing, if not he does alright at center.

Factor in any possible surprises on the farm and I would say that if Lowe was able to aquire 1 bonifide center - be it Nedved or someone else - then he can afford to wait and see how thestart of the season plays out beofre inquiring any further.

Old
07-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Digger12

It kinda depends on how well Reasoner bouces back...if he comes back in full health and reforms the RPM band for a comeback tour, that leaves Horcoff/York/Stoll...not too bad.

IF they sign Nedved, then I don't see Lowe adding another UFA to pad the ranks. If someone like Pouliot or even Schremp comes into camp and lights it up, I could see room being made.

Closed Thread