HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

jerome flaake

Old
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
tms23

vCash: 500
jerome flaake

I was just wondering what his potential is, I have never seen him play. It seems that he didn't have as good of tournament at the u18 championship this year (statistically). I was expecting him to really light it up this year after last year. How did he look playing for Cologne this year? did he get a regular shift?

tms23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Although his stats show that he had one assist in 30 contests, Flaake was not with the big club this year. If he played, it was a shift here or there and maybe a few more when the game was clearly one.

He made some real noise in the German Junior League (DNL) where he put up 35-45-80 in 36 games, which is very good for that league.

Talk is, he'll be playing in the CHL next season. If not, expect to see him remain with the Cologne organization and be playing his first pro hockey with an affiliate.

The chances of him being drafted this summer at some point are very good - actually highly likely.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 04:00 AM
René

Flaake plays the Shark´s DNL-Team most of the season, as like as a few shifts on the Pro-Team. Like CIsle said, he was the leading scorer of the DNL ( http://kompsos.net/deb/statistics.php?LevelID=1 ). Flaake is obviously one of germanys most talented player in the class of 1990, but in my view the difference between him and other high talented players is not that huge.

Flaake is obviously some kind of natural born offensive force. He started to play hockey very late, but managed to work out pretty good skills. He also shows leadership and prooves that he can take a teams fade on his shoulders. Like all german player he has a huge physical deficiency if you compare him with the US/CAN players of his class.

There was some kind of noise during the season when the Cologne Sharks react pretty angry as Uwe Krupp talks to Flaake and counsels him to leave the Sharks despide of a existing contract to play North American Hockey as fast as possible even if he should not be drafted for any reason.

René is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Templeton

Is he signed or drafted by a CHL team ?

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 04:35 PM
zecke26

nope, but i'm pretty sure he will get drafted this month, since he has interest in the chl.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Templeton

I hope that Rimouski have an eye on him as for Tom Kühnhackl (imposible to pronounce)

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

There will be an article of some sort being posted at the Germany page in time for the draft.

Jerome Flaake is currently ranked by CSS as #22 in Europe among skaters.

The belief is that he will be drafted at some point. He may be the only German drafted this summer, but there are a total of 10 ranked among the top 175.

As a little insight: I'm pretty sure that Cologne is completely planning on him staying and becoming part of Cologne's men's team this upcoming season, much like P. Gogulla a few years ago, who has turned out quite nicely and will most likely be playing in the AHL, should he not somehow make the Sabres out of camp. There was a bit of a rif between Cologne and Uwe Krupp because - appearantly - Krupp had suggested to Jerome that he go play in the CHL as the next logical step, something that Cologne took offense to because they saw it as tampering. They definitely want him remaining in their system for now.

Old
06-09-2008, 05:49 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
The belief is that he will be drafted at some point. He may be the only German drafted this summer, but there are a total of 10 ranked among the top 175.
we were talking about the CHL import draft.

i think he's a lock to be drafted in the NHL entry draft. but he won't be the only german. i expect at least 3.

Old
06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
There will be an article of some sort being posted at the Germany page in time for the draft.
The article is up now.

Small mistake though:
Sören Sturm was not eligible in 2007. The cutoff-date is mid September, he was born in mid December.

Sanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

And the Leafs Pick Him Up.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:56 PM
mckly
follow @dugs27 hky

I hope he turns out well for the club

mckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 03:21 AM
René

According to the german hockey newspaper "Eishockeynews" the Cologne Sharks will not release Flaake from his running contract ->

"Der junge Kölner Stürmer wird trotz des Drafts seinen Vertrag bei den Haien erfüllen und erhält keine Freigabe."

http://www.eishockeynews.de/nachrich...hricht_id=4542

It´s also said, that Flaake will be part of the Pro-Team of the Cologne Sharks ( http://www.haie.de ). FLaake has still two years to go with this existing contract.

Old
06-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

See the article on the team Germany page.

Manager Rodion Pauels has clearly stated that they are planning on incorporating Flaake into their DEL plans, regardless of any NHL or CHL doings.

He's kind of the replacement for Gogulla, who has developed nicely after being thrown into the mix way back when.

Old
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Well, Germany, or the CHL, just hope whatever team he plays for, he gets lots of mins.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Bulis hit

After a really slow start to the season, Flaake seems to ahve turned it on.. How did he look lately?

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
JediMind

Flaake is going to be overrated by us leafs fans anyway.

JediMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEHL View Post
Flaake is going to be overrated by us leafs fans anyway.
to the nth degree

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Bulis hit

I'm not a leafs fan, in fact, I'm quite the contrary, I'm a habs fan. I just like Jerome Flaake. His skill set is intriguing and I think he could become a solid player. I want to know how he is doing, not how overated you make him out to be.

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

The Cologne Sharks have been one of the big disappointments in the DEL this season. Although having a lot of big names in the line-up, they've hobbled into the season and are currently 12th out of 16 teams, boasting a record of 10-16 in total.

Jerome has come on of late and has been getting a regular shift.

Here are his stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106147

With this increased ice-time, it's not unthinkable that he could ultimately end the season with 20 points.

Also a bit disappointing has been Philipp Gogulla (BUF) who was expected to do a lot to carry this team this year.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80718

It's slightly off pace from last season's stats. Nonetheless, it's not unthinkable that Flaake has been asked to somewhat model his game on Gogulla, and even Sturm. I haven't yet personally seen him play yet.

Old
12-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
i think flaake will be a solid third liner nothing more

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Dfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCupChamps08 View Post
i think flaake will be a solid third liner nothing more
OK. Which games you watched makes you think that?

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
René

Just a short note from Dave McLlwain

Quote:
When Melischko got suspended in Wolfsburg, Jerome Flaake took over his spot on your line. He did a great job there scoring that all important goal to make it 2:1.

That was a great goal. I think Jerome has come a long way since training-camp. He is learning the defensive part of the game. He has always had the offensive capabilities. It’s learning when to try stuff and when not to. He is kind of sneaky with the puck. Looks like he’s losing it, all of a sudden it’s on his stick. You can’t always teach offence, but you can teach defensive part, so he’s one step ahead of the game as he’s got the offence. I think he’s got a great future in front of him. He gives our line some speed and makes the average age come down a little bit. (grins) But he doesn’t play with us on Friday. He’s gone, too, for the World Junior. So, we’ve got holes to fill.

Source @ http://www.haimspiel.de/www/cms/webs...-situation.htm

Old
12-27-2008, 03:24 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Do you German/DEL hockey fans think Cologne could release Flaake out of his current contract and let him play in the WHL next season?

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 03:53 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Do you German/DEL hockey fans think Cologne could release Flaake out of his current contract and let him play in the WHL next season?
don't count on it. 1% at best. cologne usually is not willing to release players. somehow it can see their point. they need the players. a young german who can play on a better level is worth a lot with all those DEL rules.

but i really wonder why flaake signed till 2010. he's a bad skater and the CHL would be exactly what he needs. staying in cologne will hurt his development.

but then again, i don't even think he will ever make it to the NHL. raw talent, but something is missing.

Old
12-27-2008, 04:20 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
don't count on it. 1% at best. cologne usually is not willing to release players. somehow it can see their point. they need the players. a young german who can play on a better level is worth a lot with all those DEL rules.

but i really wonder why flaake signed till 2010. he's a bad skater and the CHL would be exactly what he needs. staying in cologne will hurt his development.

but then again, i don't even think he will ever make it to the NHL. raw talent, but something is missing.
Really? I thought he looked fast out there against Team USA yesterday. But you never know. He has been pretty productive offensively lately in the DEL. I think Prince George Cougars could really add a talented player like him to their team. Why do you think he will never make to the NHL? Just wondering.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote