HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lions lose to Packers, become first 0-16 team in NFL history

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2008, 07:07 PM
  #1
Domenic
Registered User
 
Domenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Lions lose to Packers, become first 0-16 team in NFL history

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?...008&week=REG17

The Ford family's destruction of the Lions is complete!


Domenic is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
  #2
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
what do you mean destruction of the team, did they do it on purpose?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
  #3
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,191
vCash: 500
You think they'll fire the coach?

Kriss E is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
  #4
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
football is a joke

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
  #5
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
I don't follow the NFL even in the slightest but didn't some team go 16-0 for the first time ever last season? and then this right after? thats pretty sweet

Joey is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
  #6
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,629
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
No surprise here, the team lacks leadership and brains from the top down.

beowulf is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
  #7
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
They are lions rawwwrr!!!

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
  #8
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
football is a joke
+1. Cant stand watching the NFL. IMHO, it sucks. A hype machine like no other in professional sports history.

bipolarhabfan is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:33 PM
  #9
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Dolphins win after 1-15 season go into the playoffs and knock out the Patriots Boston losers

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
  #10
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
+1. Cant stand watching the NFL. IMHO, it sucks. A hype machine like no other in professional sports history.
It's ok to not understand the sport. It is a little slow, but every moment of the game is a calculation by the coaches, and once they did all they can do, you watch the players talent.

It isn't as fast as hockey, but it is a 100x smarter

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
  #11
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
If you lived around Detroit, this is absolutely hilarious. In Pre-Season, everyone was saying this was the year that the Lions turn it around.

There is absolutely no excuse for this. The Lions were ****ed over from bottom to top. Everyone has blame on this. CEO's, GM's, quarterbacks, half backs, tight ends, waterboys, everyone. Blame the Fords, blame Millen, doesn't matter, everyone is at fault. This was failure on a prestigious level.

Leaf and Hawk fans should take note of this. Even with the damage Ballard/Peddie and Wirtz camps did to those teams, they never failed like this.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 07:57 PM
  #12
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
It's ok to not understand the sport. It is a little slow, but every moment of the game is a calculation by the coaches, and once they did all they can do, you watch the players talent.

It isn't as fast as hockey, but it is a 100x smarter
Well maybe it's smarter, but who cares. For me sports are made for action and of course some smartness, but there has to be more action. I don't want to watch a game of chess..

But anyway when i said football is a joke I meant more the fact that you already know who will win every season.

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:04 PM
  #13
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
But anyway when i said football is a joke I meant more the fact that you already know who will win every season.
Like the Patriots?

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
  #14
Habinger
 
Habinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Oh lordy glad I don't follow the NFL anymore. I lived in downtown Detroit for about 5 years. Sanders retired after my 2nd year there and I still was a die hard Lions fan. Sad to see the team fall this far especially after the Tigers turned it around and the Wings have been good for years. My 1st year their was the wings 1st of 2 cups in a row. Ex hated I was a Habs fan

Oh yeah in case you're wondering I had my car stolen twice...

Habinger is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
  #15
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,250
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
OT: There are currently 12 OT threads on the habs board. Not including one that was moved. Just saying. lol

Spectaculard is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:16 PM
  #16
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
If you lived around Detroit, this is absolutely hilarious. In Pre-Season, everyone was saying this was the year that the Lions turn it around.

There is absolutely no excuse for this. The Lions were ****ed over from bottom to top. Everyone has blame on this. CEO's, GM's, quarterbacks, half backs, tight ends, waterboys, everyone. Blame the Fords, blame Millen, doesn't matter, everyone is at fault. This was failure on a prestigious level.

Leaf and Hawk fans should take note of this. Even with the damage Ballard/Peddie and Wirtz camps did to those teams, they never failed like this.
A guy I know won 800 grand from their 0-16 rout.

As a pro-lions tanker, I think this is awesome.

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
  #17
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Like the Patriots?
Well without Brady I doubt they had a chance

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
  #18
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,232
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Well without Brady I doubt they had a chance
He meant last year in the Super Bowl.

le_sean is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
  #19
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He meant last year in the Super Bowl.
Both actually.

I thought football was too predictable. If its too predictable, injuries should be predictable as well.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
  #20
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Well maybe it's smarter, but who cares. For me sports are made for action and of course some smartness, but there has to be more action. I don't want to watch a game of chess..

But anyway when i said football is a joke I meant more the fact that you already know who will win every season.
Football is far from being a joke and especially the NFL. Having played myself (cegep and university) i can tell you that its a beautiful game once you fully understand it. Football and Hockey are my favorite sports with Habs and packers as my favorite teams but NFL is clearly better than the NHL easily.

By the way, had you had known that the Giants would have won the super bowl winning all their games on the road while beating the best in the business including one of the most talented teams in the history of the league, you'd be a millionaire today.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 08:56 PM
  #21
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
It's ok to not understand the sport. It is a little slow, but every moment of the game is a calculation by the coaches, and once they did all they can do, you watch the players talent.

It isn't as fast as hockey, but it is a 100x smarter
Yeah just ask all the rocket surgeons who play it.

Hockey is more difficult and you don't constantly get timeouts to try different strategy. You have to think on your SKATES which is about 100X harder than having a huddle and setting a play. It's not as fast as hockey, not as violent as hockey and takes alot less talent. Mix in a massive amount of steroids and you have a glorified WWF match.

Out of the most popular American sports it probably is the best (Baseball, basketball and NASCAR) but lets not compare it to something in a whole new league.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
  #22
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
It's ok to not understand the sport. It is a little slow, but every moment of the game is a calculation by the coaches, and once they did all they can do, you watch the players talent.

It isn't as fast as hockey, but it is a 100x smarter
I see the talent at times such as the play last year that won the Superbowl; the play of the year. And, it does require a modicum of intelligence to execute the plays. The same can be said in the NHL as well. Moreover, I cant stand watching a sport that is slow and prodding. I just do not see how the hype justifies the nature of the sport. They say that football, European, is slow but I do not see it that way. First, I can watch two football games for ever American football game. Second, it take much more athleticism to play and also requires intelligence as well. Third, there is greater atmosphere, and tension, in watching a soccer game. In short, you ague your point persuasively; but, I just cant find any redeeming qualities in American football.

bipolarhabfan is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
  #23
Africa.
Registered User
 
Africa.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Man, why does Culpepper suck so much now.

Africa. is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
  #24
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Football is far from being a joke and especially the NFL. Having played myself (cegep and university) i can tell you that its a beautiful game once you fully understand it. Football and Hockey are my favorite sports with Habs and packers as my favorite teams but NFL is clearly better than the NHL easily

Rayne* is offline  
Old
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
  #25
mrCoffea*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post

By the way, had you had known that the Giants would have won the super bowl winning all their games on the road while beating the best in the business including one of the most talented teams in the history of the league, you'd be a millionaire today.
yeah, because no one in the world bet on New York before the game, or, God forbid, thought they would win

mrCoffea* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.