HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Price outduels Marc-Andre "All-Star" Fleury, Kostitsyn with the hatty!

Old
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
I can't wait for Carbo to get rid of The Trap.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Skyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisaurus View Post
Exhibit A:

SEE!
I think that from this picture, it's clear that Gorges is biting on Sidney's achilles tendon and it does look extremely painful. The referees should issue an apology that they didn't hear Sidney cry out for their help.

Skyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 11:55 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn did a lot of dumb things tonight, again. He's turning into the new Ryan O'Byrne. At least there were no penalties this time.
Huh? Do you have any specific examples? I thought he played well. Nice work on the PK too.

BTW: He has 4 minutes in penalties in the last 8 games

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 01:37 AM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I can't wait for Carbo to get rid of The Trap.
Why? It is the system of choice that gives us a winning record.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:56 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Buddahsmoka, If you don't think that we were lucky to come out with a W after giving up 17 shots in the 3rd and believe that we should be doing this with every lead, wow.

And vanylapep, don't hold your breath about Carbo getting rid of the trap. I also call BS when Carbo says that the team plays 1-4 trap all by itself. These are professional hockey players and I'm sure if Carbo told them to send 2 forecheckers into the zone, they could figure that out. Seriously, how dumb are people to actually believe that the team decides what strategy they are going to play themselves??? How long do you think a coach would put up with that? Don't you think he'd get angry at the players if they didn't do what he asked for an entire period?? Instead, Carbo is pretty well silent behind the bench.

Use common sense people.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-29-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Play nice, no personal comments.
BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Carey Price is the system of choice that gives us a winning record.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 02:34 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Buddahsmoka, If you don't think that we were lucky to come out with a W after giving up 17 shots in the 3rd and believe that we should be doing this with every lead, wow.

And vanylapep, don't hold your breath about Carbo getting rid of the trap. I also call BS when Carbo says that the team plays 1-4 trap all by itself. These are professional hockey players and I'm sure if Carbo told them to send 2 forecheckers into the zone, they could figure that out. Seriously, how dumb are people to actually believe that the team decides what strategy they are going to play themselves??? How long do you think a coach would put up with that? Don't you think he'd get angry at the players if they didn't do what he asked for an entire period?? Instead, Carbo is pretty well silent behind the bench.

Use common sense people.
You can't always put blame on the coach, some has to fall on the players as well. I doubt Carbo says to them to totally shut it down and hold on, the players have a natural instinct to play like that in a lead. Also, what would have happened if Lapierre scored on that breakaway? The team had the chance to finish the game off but they didn't capitalize...that comes down to the players.

I hate how all the blame is put on the coach everytime the team doesn't do something they would like, its ****ing ********.

Old
12-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Carey Price is the system of choice that gives us a winning record.
Was looking at his record in his last 10 games, 6-0-4, 2,14 GAA (when counting OTs), and a 0,920 save%...

not too shabby

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:18 AM
SticksnGolves*

Why do you guys hate Sid so much?

SticksnGolves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:43 AM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SticksnGolves View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think he is an unhonourable and selfish (not in terms of distributing the puck) player. I have seen on many occasions very poor sportsmanship from Sidney and undisciplined behavior that is unacceptable for a captain of an NHL team. I respect his work ethic, the way he plays with his heart on his sleeve and his skill, but as a player I think he is quite frankly, a baby.

Old
12-30-2008, 07:50 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
He whines all the time, overexagerates when he gets hit, has already several occassions of doing cheapshots, etc..

If you want to see what a superstar is supposed to behave like, look at Lecavalier, Iginla, Ovechkin, Lindstrom, Zetterberg, etc.. Crosby might be a great player, but his attitude leaves MUCH to be desired.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Because of the way he has embraced his role as the posterboy for the NHL. It seems like he takes the whole thing really seriously, as opposed to Ovechkin, Iginla, Zetterberg, even Price (not a superstar, but in this market he deals with the same BS), guys who seem more amused, who seem to have some more perspective. That commercial where Crosby is narrating over a freeze frame of the Penguins after the Cup loss, drives me crazy. He sounds so over-sincere, saying ridiculous things.

And then there's the taint punching...

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Because of the way he has embraced his role as the posterboy for the NHL. It seems like he takes the whole thing really seriously, as opposed to Ovechkin, Iginla, Zetterberg, even Price (not a superstar, but in this market he deals with the same BS), guys who seem more amused, who seem to have some more perspective. That commercial where Crosby is narrating over a freeze frame of the Penguins after the Cup loss, drives me crazy. He sounds so over-sincere, saying ridiculous things.

And then there's the taint punching...
Can't blame the dude for being a nice guy and being dedicated.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote