HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #38 - 12.27.08 | NJ Devils @ NY Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
  #476
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Anyone else think Sjostrom's ready to be given a bigger role? I'm seeing hands, puck possession I didn't see in him before. He's got a decently hard shot that never really hits the net, but he's getting closer and closer each game
Sjostrom is the new Hossa. Has all the tools, but not the tool box. A bubble player/career 4th liner at best. IF he was to sit, no one would miss him.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
  #477
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Zajac - 34 games, 10 goals, 16 assists
Dubinsky - 38 games, 5 goals, 14 assists
Eh, Dubi has had no consistent linemates apart from Voros, who has sucked for the last 15 games or so. His ice time is being jerked around, and he is not playing with the confidence he had early in the year. Clearly suffering from a sophomore slump. I'd take him over Zajac any day.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 01:52 PM
  #478
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Eh, Dubi has had no consistent linemates apart from Voros, who has sucked for the last 15 games or so. His ice time is being jerked around, and he is not playing with the confidence he had early in the year. Clearly suffering from a sophomore slump. I'd take him over Zajac any day.
Agreed.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
  #479
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,997
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Eh, Dubi has had no consistent linemates apart from Voros, who has sucked for the last 15 games or so. His ice time is being jerked around, and he is not playing with the confidence he had early in the year. Clearly suffering from a sophomore slump. I'd take him over Zajac any day.
Yup. And the same thing Zajac went through last year, but they are pretty much even players right now.

__________________
1995, 2000, 2003..........
Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 04:24 PM
  #480
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
I wonder how this game would have been if 'we' didn't allow those two early goals... Dawes and Korpedo played with urgency and was easiest the most visible out there.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
  #481
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Zajac - 34 games, 10 goals, 16 assists
Dubinsky - 38 games, 5 goals, 14 assists
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Eh, Dubi has had no consistent linemates apart from Voros, who has sucked for the last 15 games or so. His ice time is being jerked around, and he is not playing with the confidence he had early in the year. Clearly suffering from a sophomore slump. I'd take him over Zajac any day.
If you watched both these teams play on a nightly basis, it's tough to defend your opinion. If I had to play "defense attorney", I'd probably start by pointing out that BD is a year younger than TZ, but after that? I'd have nothing to say......

BenedictGomez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 08:10 AM
  #482
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
I feel it necessary to apologize to the Devils lurkers here--something I loathe doing--because of the inane remark about Zajac. He is a very good player--maybe not yet fully developed though--he may become even better--which is pretty much the same with Dubinsky.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
  #483
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If you watched both these teams play on a nightly basis, it's tough to defend your opinion. If I had to play "defense attorney", I'd probably start by pointing out that BD is a year younger than TZ, but after that? I'd have nothing to say......
At this point it would seem that way, but you have to keep in mind that Dubi is in the middle of a prolonged slump in which he's been relegated to playing with Voros a lot, and his other winger gets changed frequently, too. Meanwhile, Zajac is on the ice with Parise, an amazing talent who's 5th in goal scoring at this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I feel it necessary to apologize to the Devils lurkers here--something I loathe doing--because of the inane remark about Zajac. He is a very good player--maybe not yet fully developed though--he may become even better--which is pretty much the same with Dubinsky.
Yeah, I agree with eco, I didn't mean to put down Zajac. He's a guy I'd love to have on my team, but I just think Dubi will ultimately be the better player.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
  #484
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Zajac is on the ice with Parise, an amazing talent who's 5th in goal scoring at this moment.
maybe there is a reason for that.... and its not just cause he's Parise Notice Zajac's assists

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
  #485
75 Rodriguez
 
75 Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
maybe there is a reason for that.... and its not just cause he's Parise Notice Zajac's assists
Boom.


Although Zach is racking up some assists to (Zajac - 16 assists, Parise - 23 assists).. The duo compliment each other well; Add in a work-ethic forechecker like Langenbrunner and you got a damn solid line

For the Rag fans who is Dubinsky's line mates most often?

75 Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
  #486
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
maybe there is a reason for that.... and its not just cause he's Parise Notice Zajac's assists
Hey, Dubi would have more if he were playing Parise.....

....Friggin' Hugh Jessiman


we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:55 AM
  #487
Devilswede
Registered User
 
Devilswede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 11,480
vCash: 500
The only thing that Dubinsky is better at than Zajac is the physical aspect of the game...an aspect that really isn't a part of Zajac's game, eventhough he has been much stronger this year.

Zajac plays on the first PP unit, he plays on the PK, he's one of the better faceoff men in the league this year and he's also producing offensively.

Parise's success is also a direct result of Zajac's success this year too. Parise played mostly with Elias last year and he still produced. Zajac had a rough year last season and was bounced around last year a lot. This year he came prepared to play and both he and his linemates have benefitted greatly from that.

But yeah, Zajac is a no talent slug right...


Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 01:40 PM
  #488
75 Rodriguez
 
75 Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
The only thing that Dubinsky is better at than Zajac is the physical aspect of the game...an aspect that really isn't a part of Zajac's game, eventhough he has been much stronger this year.

Zajac plays on the first PP unit, he plays on the PK, he's one of the better faceoff men in the league this year and he's also producing offensively.

Parise's success is also a direct result of Zajac's success this year too. Parise played mostly with Elias last year and he still produced. Zajac had a rough year last season and was bounced around last year a lot. This year he came prepared to play and both he and his linemates have benefitted greatly from that.

But yeah, Zajac is a no talent slug right...

In the voice of Chris Berman: Here comes Zajac down the wing and WHOOOOP right by Gomez.

75 Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.