HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #38 - 12.27.08 | NJ Devils @ NY Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Anyone else think Sjostrom's ready to be given a bigger role? I'm seeing hands, puck possession I didn't see in him before. He's got a decently hard shot that never really hits the net, but he's getting closer and closer each game
Sjostrom is the new Hossa. Has all the tools, but not the tool box. A bubble player/career 4th liner at best. IF he was to sit, no one would miss him.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Zajac - 34 games, 10 goals, 16 assists
Dubinsky - 38 games, 5 goals, 14 assists
Eh, Dubi has had no consistent linemates apart from Voros, who has sucked for the last 15 games or so. His ice time is being jerked around, and he is not playing with the confidence he had early in the year. Clearly suffering from a sophomore slump. I'd take him over Zajac any day.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 01:52 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Eh, Dubi has had no consistent linemates apart from Voros, who has sucked for the last 15 games or so. His ice time is being jerked around, and he is not playing with the confidence he had early in the year. Clearly suffering from a sophomore slump. I'd take him over Zajac any day.
Agreed.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Yup. And the same thing Zajac went through last year, but they are pretty much even players right now.

12-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I wonder how this game would have been if 'we' didn't allow those two early goals... Dawes and Korpedo played with urgency and was easiest the most visible out there.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Zajac - 34 games, 10 goals, 16 assists
Dubinsky - 38 games, 5 goals, 14 assists
Quote:
If you watched both these teams play on a nightly basis, it's tough to defend your opinion. If I had to play "defense attorney", I'd probably start by pointing out that BD is a year younger than TZ, but after that? I'd have nothing to say......

BenedictGomez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 08:10 AM
eco's bones

I feel it necessary to apologize to the Devils lurkers here--something I loathe doing--because of the inane remark about Zajac. He is a very good player--maybe not yet fully developed though--he may become even better--which is pretty much the same with Dubinsky.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If you watched both these teams play on a nightly basis, it's tough to defend your opinion. If I had to play "defense attorney", I'd probably start by pointing out that BD is a year younger than TZ, but after that? I'd have nothing to say......
At this point it would seem that way, but you have to keep in mind that Dubi is in the middle of a prolonged slump in which he's been relegated to playing with Voros a lot, and his other winger gets changed frequently, too. Meanwhile, Zajac is on the ice with Parise, an amazing talent who's 5th in goal scoring at this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I feel it necessary to apologize to the Devils lurkers here--something I loathe doing--because of the inane remark about Zajac. He is a very good player--maybe not yet fully developed though--he may become even better--which is pretty much the same with Dubinsky.
Yeah, I agree with eco, I didn't mean to put down Zajac. He's a guy I'd love to have on my team, but I just think Dubi will ultimately be the better player.

Old
12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Zajac is on the ice with Parise, an amazing talent who's 5th in goal scoring at this moment.
maybe there is a reason for that.... and its not just cause he's Parise Notice Zajac's assists

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
75 Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
maybe there is a reason for that.... and its not just cause he's Parise Notice Zajac's assists
Boom.

Although Zach is racking up some assists to (Zajac - 16 assists, Parise - 23 assists).. The duo compliment each other well; Add in a work-ethic forechecker like Langenbrunner and you got a damn solid line

For the Rag fans who is Dubinsky's line mates most often?

75 Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Hey, Dubi would have more if he were playing Parise.....

....Friggin' Hugh Jessiman

Old
12-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Devilswede

The only thing that Dubinsky is better at than Zajac is the physical aspect of the game...an aspect that really isn't a part of Zajac's game, eventhough he has been much stronger this year.

Zajac plays on the first PP unit, he plays on the PK, he's one of the better faceoff men in the league this year and he's also producing offensively.

Parise's success is also a direct result of Zajac's success this year too. Parise played mostly with Elias last year and he still produced. Zajac had a rough year last season and was bounced around last year a lot. This year he came prepared to play and both he and his linemates have benefitted greatly from that.

But yeah, Zajac is a no talent slug right...

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 01:40 PM
75 Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
The only thing that Dubinsky is better at than Zajac is the physical aspect of the game...an aspect that really isn't a part of Zajac's game, eventhough he has been much stronger this year.

Zajac plays on the first PP unit, he plays on the PK, he's one of the better faceoff men in the league this year and he's also producing offensively.

Parise's success is also a direct result of Zajac's success this year too. Parise played mostly with Elias last year and he still produced. Zajac had a rough year last season and was bounced around last year a lot. This year he came prepared to play and both he and his linemates have benefitted greatly from that.

But yeah, Zajac is a no talent slug right...

In the voice of Chris Berman: Here comes Zajac down the wing and WHOOOOP right by Gomez.

75 Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote