HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Wild @ Flames, Game 36

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonite?
Eric Nystrom & Robyn Regehr and the rest of the PK-unit 6 26.09%
Bourque - Langkow - Bertuzzi line 2 8.70%
Miikka Kiprusoff 15 65.22%
Other - please explain your choice 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Wild @ Flames, Game 36

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:34 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Nice to get the win against a NW rival and distance ourselves from Vancouver a little more. Good group effort, and what a goal from Nystrom. Langkow and Bertuzzi both really stood out to me in this game, great night by both of them.

Although Nystrom got the beauty SHG/GWG, I'm voting for Kiprusoff as my MVP tonight. He made some HUGE saves to keep the team in the game.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
TheGuardian

My vote goes for kipper for some of the huge saves he made. How come I cant vote on the poll though?

TheGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM
soulj43r

vCash: 50
Nystrom should get interviewed more. He's even better than Conroy!

soulj43r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
MerryJ99

I do not watch a lot of Calgary games, so I thought it was Millions that did your PBP but I guess it is Loubardias, do you, the fans like listening to him, he sounds kind of like Kermit the frog to me.

BTW good game against the wild, nice to see them drop even further in the standings.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
I do not watch a lot of Calgary games, so I thought it was Millions that did your PBP but I guess it is Loubardias, do you, the fans like listening to him, he sounds kind of like Kermit the frog to me.

Loubardias is alright. I didn't really like him at first, but he has grown on me over the season. I'm not a fan of Millions at all. At least Loubardias shows some enthusiasm during the games.

Old
12-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
Yet another in a long string of good complete periods. The first half of the period had no flow to it as there bulk of the penalties in the game were called in those ten minutes. Once all the penalties were over and done wit, the Flames settled into their game of physical domination and heavy offensive pressure. If not for Harding’s great play this could have been an eight goal period for the Flames. As it was Moss did have a goal called back, but he did bring that puck from near his head down to the goal. No way that should have counted, even tho I do commend Moss for his killer instinct on that.
The penalty kill not only continued their reign of terror against all PP units, they managed to spring Nystrom who went end to end and with what can only be described as a godly move put the puck into the back of the net and scored what would turn out to be the game winner. Miikka again stood way taller than his actual height and made some spectacular saves to keep the Flames tied, and ahead. It must be commented that the Flames have looked particularily good jumping on loose pucks during the pk. They have knocked those pucks out of the zone more times than not, and it’s been huge to see. The power play was a sight to behold. I really really wish I could say their effort was rewarded as they more than deserved a goal, but alas I cannot. It really sucks too, because that was bar none the best I’ve seen the PP unit play all season so far.
Bertuzzi was a freaking beast all game long. He was playing a great game tonight. No can accuse him of floating or lazy play tonight. Well, I suppose they can, if they didn’t watch the same game I watched. Miikka looks more and more like his Vezina best as of late and good to see! Aucoin and Regher were also phenominal that period making a couple plays each that were of the game breaker variety. Well and Regher with his board staining hits again too.

Overall Impressions
A good complete game by the Flames. I really can’t pick on much as they did every thing very well. Perhaps a better effort in the second, but then I’m nit picking. They hit, they shot and they won. Really what more can a guy ask for. I know a blow out is always nice, but this was exciting enough for me. I’ll take a hard worked and low scoring win any day of the week. And this was just that.
I am really having a rough time picking third star. Miikka deserves some accolades forhis play tonight without question. But so does Bertuzzi as he is directly responsible for the first goal and for a large amount of the pressure created. Then there Langkow too who was every where on the ice. Oh well better too many candidates than not enough.

Three Stars By Me
1. Eric Nystrom
2. Miikka Kiprusoff
3. Todd Bertuzzi
HM: Langkow and Bourque who were both with Bertuzzi every step of the way.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Hyde

I agree with SR, as good as the Bertuzzi-Langkow-Bourque line was for the whole game. This game was vintage Kipper and he made some outright amazing saves tonight so he gets my vote. Though I do also want to give a special mention to Phaneuf he looked very composed this game seemed full of confidence.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:48 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Not the greatest win, but we'll take it. Defense was a bit sloppy at times, but Kipper was there to shut the door. Really excellent game from him. Came up big several times and has really stepped up his game the last few weeks. What a game from Nystrom. Just solid on the PK and the fourth line looked good every shift. Beauty of a goal. Nice to see Boyd finally get rewarded with some icetime late in the third with Langkow and Bertuzzi. He has played great and looked pretty good all night. Iginla was pretty quiet tonight as was Cammalleri. Have to give a lot of the credit to Schultz and Burns for that. Those two played extremely well for the Wild.

Looking forward to the New Year's eve game. Should be a good one. Hopefully Glencross is back and hopefully we can continue our winning streak and beat the oilers for the first time this season.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

As of right now we are 5 points back of the Red Wings. (just sayin')

I haven't been this excited for the Flames in quite a while..

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Pomeranian

Kipper is who I voted for as I think he was great! The wild do make it a loooong game, but it did get nail biting at the end. Happy that we can say that Flames continue to 'own' the Wild.

Pomeranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:44 PM
GoFlames

Hmmm a tough task choosing a MVP. I eventually went with the Bert- Borque and Langkow line but what a game by Kipper! I am loving the tase of this crow about seeing how Kipper is the star we all know he was. All that matters for goalies is wins and he leads the NHL. There, enough kudos givin to justify not choosing Kipper

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Noori

I didn't watch a single minute of the game but I'll give my MVP vote to Kiprusoff.

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:36 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

So as per Rob Kerr, referee Mike Leggo apologized to the Flames after the game for making a mistake in the call against Mark Giordano after that Minnesota goal.

Old
12-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
So as per Rob Kerr, referee Mike Leggo apologized to the Flames after the game for making a mistake in the call against Mark Giordano after that Minnesota goal.
Never saw it. Would someone explain?

Old
12-30-2008, 12:53 AM
bam09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Never saw it. Would someone explain?
The Wild scored but it was a delayed goal(they didn't know it was in) so then Giordano flips the puck over the glass as the play is on(IDK if it was to review or by accident) so he gets a delay of game penalty. Wild gets the goal and a PP. I didn't watch the game, but that's what I heard..

The correct call is to have the penalty stand as when a goal is scored, you can still get called for penalites ala roughing and that stuff. So Idk why he is apologizing.

bam09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
The Wild scored but it was a delayed goal(they didn't know it was in) so then Giordano flips the puck over the glass as the play is on(IDK if it was to review or by accident) so he gets a delay of game penalty. Wild gets the goal and a PP. I didn't watch the game, but that's what I heard..

The correct call is to have the penalty stand as when a goal is scored, you can still get called for penalites ala roughing and that stuff. So Idk why he is apologizing.
Thanks. Read it on the main board and the rules state that a minor penalty doesn't stand.

Old
12-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Sleazy P Martini

kipper played a fantastic game, but i've gotta give a shout out to nystrom, great game from him tonight,

3 points and a game in hand on vancouver feels pretty good.

Sleazy P Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Northern Neighbour

The team played well at times but they were lackadasical for stretches, especially in the third period. The PK was great and Kiprusoff was outstanding in the 3rd Period.

Langkow's line was clearly the best Calgary line last night. Iginla looked flat and couldn't generate much against Schultz and Skoula. Regehr was very good once again.

Despite the so-so play, a win is a win. The team is playing well overall, but there are still some things to work on.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:06 AM
debil

1.kiprusoff 23/24
2.regehr +2
3.aucoin +2

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Kreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
As of right now we are 5 points back of the Red Wings. (just sayin')

I haven't been this excited for the Flames in quite a while..
that can be attributed to how mediocre a lot teams in the west have been..

In other news jarome iginla hasnt scored in a long ass while..It looks like he isnt goin to have a monster season this year..But the boys are winning so I guess thats all that counts

Kreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:02 AM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian View Post
My vote goes for kipper for some of the huge saves he made. How come I cant vote on the poll though?
I think you have to wait a month before you can vote.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
DownInFlames

Did anyone else notice the Wild missed the net on like 20 shots. Credit the Flames for getting in the lanes and all. But man they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door last night. It was comical to me. Did anyone else notice this or was it my beer induced vision?

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Missed the game, but glad they pulled off the win. Based on the highlights, I'm gonna go with Nystrom.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Luongo2008*

Miikka Kiprusoff

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote