HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

D'Agostini...

Old
12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
D'Agostini...

Has really cooled off. I think it's clear he'll be the odd man out once Higgins returns...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Next Best Thing*

I think someone else might be the odd man out, it's up to Bob.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
wow calm down

if he had been playing the last 4 years id MAYBE agree with you

but ur talking about a rookie whos played 12 games, and still has 6 goals and the TEAM hasnt looked SHARP SHARP out there last 3 games, guillaume didnt score a nhl goal till game 14

did u even watch him out there tonight? he wasnt invisible, and that line had some good shifts, decent plays, if anything, tanguay and lang looked subpar tonight and dago looked as fast as ever

why u lookin to start s***?

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
The n00b King *

And so it begins...

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
He does other stuff that, because few others on the team do it with regularity, makes him a valuable commodity.

Namely going to the net, being able to get the puck to the net, winning races to the puck and being a right-handed shot with offensive talent.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Cyrrus147

Sorry but he played well tonight. Maxwell ...well not so well.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:17 PM
lxzred

I really didn't see any knocks on the kid by the OP, he's just looking forward, asking questions.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:21 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
I really didn't see any knocks on the kid by the OP, he's just looking forward, asking questions.
Exactly. I'm not starting ****, but we have too many wingers once we get healthy. And as nice a surprise as Dago has been, I just think he's the easiest to send down. He's not plating badly, had one great pass, but who else would you send down/sit?

I think he's a lock for next years squad, but his inexperience leads me to think he is the odd man out. Unless there's a trade...

Old
12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
"cooled off" ? are u ********** kidding me? what, the kids sposed to score EVERYgame and aim for 60??

i see no justification in having ANYONE knock this kid right now, especialy if hes not even playing BAD, he didnt score but he sure as hell didnt put the team in danger ala maxwell, sergei, andrei

WATCH HIM PLAY, dont watch the god damn box score

if it werent for dago, i think wed be in a pretty big mess right now

Old
12-29-2008, 11:24 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Sorry but he played well tonight. Maxwell ...well not so well.
Maxwell did nothing wrong tonight, he did what he needed to do and did it well. This comment is totally unjustified. He even drew two penalities in the third, the kid did everything right except put points on the board.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
And so it begins...
The prophecy was right after all!!!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:25 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Maxwell did nothing wrong tonight, he did what he needed to do and did it well. This comment is totally unjustified. He even drew two penalities in the third, the kid did everything right except put points on the board.
Agreed, Maxwell didn't stand out, but didn't look bad either. He needs to add some strength though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
"cooled off" ? are u ********** kidding me? what, the kids sposed to score EVERYgame and aim for 60??

i see no justification in having ANYONE knock this kid right now, especialy if hes not even playing BAD, he didnt score but he sure as hell didnt put the team in danger ala maxwell, sergei, andrei

Speaking of cooled off, I think you should cool it a bit. I'm not "knocking" the kid. And I did watch him play. He had one great pass, and other than that didn't do much...I'm just saying I think he's the easiest to send down. Everyone else has a damageable ego...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-29-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Agreed, Maxwell didn't stand out, but didn't look bad either. He needs to add some strength though...
if he needs to add some stength, i wouldnt consider him playing "well" then eh?

so dont say he didnt look bad, when he has looked nothing but bad, with not 1 single offensive chance or oppurtunity to show for the generous amount of games hes played

Old
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
wow calm down

but ur talking about a rookie whos played 12 games, and still has 6 goals and the TEAM hasnt looked SHARP SHARP out there last 3 games, guillaume didnt score a nhl goal till game 14

did u even watch him out there tonight? he wasnt invisible, and that line had some good shifts, decent plays, if anything, tanguay and lang looked subpar tonight and dago looked as fast as ever

LOL I couldn't have put it better.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:30 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

so dont say he didnt look bad, when he has looked nothing but bad, with not 1 single offensive chance or oppurtunity to show for the generous amount of games hes played
Dude, he was called up because Koivu and Chipchura were hurt. He's 20 years old, and yea, you can need to add strength and still play "not bad". He'll be sent down once Koivus back. I'm talking about the wingers when I mention D'Ago being sent down.

jeez

Old
12-29-2008, 11:32 PM
guest1467

Quote:

What the hell does being under sized or not having enough strength have to do with not playing well? Do you think every NHL player doesn't need to work on aspects of his game, whether it be strength, skill or awareness? He has not looked bad, he has been given a limited role and has done what he needs to do. Carbo shows trust in him because Maxwell has earned it by playing high percentage hockey. No he has no made an impact on the scoresheet, but he certainly hasn't be any form of hinderance what so ever. I fail to see where he has played bad, please enlighten me. Also, you must have forgotten in his first game where he punished a defensemen that was trying to take him out and drove to the net almost scoring a goal. He has also created a few chances with some decent passes out there. No, he hasn't been great, but he has taken his ice time and done what he needs to do.

Old
12-29-2008, 11:34 PM
lxzred

Quote:

well it's a lot harder to send down someone who's played 4 years...
I'm not even in necessarily in agreement with the OP but it's a valid question, Who do we send down (besides Maxwell) we definitely have too many forwards. Depth is great but everyone can't play.

Maybe he should have said who do we send down when Laraque comes off the IR.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
wow calm down

Jeez man, he was just saying d'ago and sergei are the only ones who can go down in higgin's place, and d'ago is a possibility now that he's cooled down on the stat sheet. He's playing well, but we can't have more than 23 bodies, point finale, the guy merely suggested he could be the one going down. You talk about him starting ****, but jeez you've busted his balls on every post he's made. Relax.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Second goal was his fault.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:01 AM
guest1467

Quote:
No it wasn't, watch it again.

Old
12-30-2008, 04:56 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
You mean the one where Sergei passed it too Booth?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 06:25 AM
dutchy29

I think your jumping to conclusions. If he had kept up his pace of a goal a game hed be in the running for the calder with Blake Wheeler. His style of play and poise with the puck are what impressed me. If I were Gainey I'd send Sergie down for awhile and keep D'agostini up, if for nothing more experience.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 07:17 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
lmao, this didn't take long.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 07:25 AM
kostitsyn1489

That's funny. 4 goals in 4 games he's god, 2 goals in 8 games on the 3rd line well he cooled down maybe we should send him down.

I'm not saying you're bashing him, but saying he cooled down is stupid... It's like saying you expected him to keep a GPG pace. Werent people saying well, even if he wasnt scoring he does alot of good stuff so we should keep him, but it's obviusly not enough, it never been. Except if you're Kostopoulos/Begin/Lapierre. Higgins is still good defensively it wont work offensively, trade him. Plekanec is our best PKer, he couldnt get any groove, trade him.

And Maxwell is awful cause he doesnt put points on the board. He's our #6 center and no he doesnt look out of place. We should be happy rather then disapointed. Points will come, but it's no because he didnt score 4 goals in his first 4 games that he sucks. The guy is minus one in 6 games he's quite reliable to say the least.

Stop having some sick expectation from AHL players and put franchose player tag on any player that scores 4 goals in 4 games to say he cooled down and should be sent down if he spends 3 games without scoring.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
They are both responsible for it.No need to point fingers the kid played pretty well and his getting better

As for D'agostini,he played well,skated well and took a couple of good shots.He needs to score one on the road and things will unblock for him with the white jersey on.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote