HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/dal

Old
12-27-2008, 11:33 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Which is why Burke can call someone else.
I'm not saying you guys would give one up but it would be essential. That's also why Kubina is a more likely candidate to be going to Dallas if anyone.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:37 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Which is why Burke can call someone else.
And if he does Im sure some one will pay his asking price for one of if not the best passing Dman in the league underpaid by more then 2m dollars for 2 seasons after this one.

Really Dallas isnt a good trading partner, your prospect pool is kinda week so there aren't many guys we would be intrested in and you aparently wont trade the ones we would want.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Really Dallas isnt a good trading partner, your prospect pool is kinda week so there aren't many guys we would be intrested in and you aparently wont trade the ones we would want.
Say that now, but deep down T.O fans love the Dallas Stars. I mean, there are so many Tor/Dal proposals. (They all have at least one different prospect and current player) And it's not just about the 1st rounder.

If Toronto wants "real" "better" prospects go trade with a team that has been in the bottom for the last 5 years. I'm sure their stocked with plenty of high grade prospects.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 11:29 AM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
Say that now, but deep down T.O fans love the Dallas Stars. I mean, there are so many Tor/Dal proposals. (They all have at least one different prospect and current player) And it's not just about the 1st rounder.
They just see a team who has instant cap space, a frazzled blue line, and some decent NHL-ready prospects and figure that team will be desperate to take their mistakes off their hands - only they figure everyone else will pay through their teeth like Toronto did for two above-average, yet not spectacular D-men.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Gutchecktime

A real offer was Carter + 1st -> Kaberle. That's a pretty damn good package. I think we should be able to get an offer of a very good prospect and a first for Kaberle again.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 01:01 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
They just see a team who has instant cap space, a frazzled blue line, and some decent NHL-ready prospects and figure that team will be desperate to take their mistakes off their hands - only they figure everyone else will pay through their teeth like Toronto did for two above-average, yet not spectacular D-men.
Toronto paid through the teeth for Kaberle? He is just above average?
Sounds like someone is just too blinded by Leafs hate to be at all objective.
Puck moving Dmen are extremely valuable since the lockout. Brian Campbell just signed a contract for about 7.15M a season. So if Toronto paid through the teeth for Kaberle's 4.25M contract what did Chicago do when they gave Campbell nearly 3M more?
Kaberle has more points since the lockout then any other Dman not named Lidstrom.

What Toronto fans really see in Dallas is a team in need of a top paring Dman and the Leafs happen to have 2 of them that could be available. But its likely that Dallas doenst have nearly the prospect pool or the young players to make any trades happen.

Old
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
That's a hilarious amount of overpayment for him.

Edit: Bah, didn't see the "sarcasm" comment since it is in white
Haha. Got ya!

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
A real offer was Carter + 1st -> Kaberle. That's a pretty damn good package. I think we should be able to get an offer of a very good prospect and a first for Kaberle again.
Only problem with that train of thought is, Kaberle's value has gone down, while Carter's has skyrocketed. Obviously the Flyers wouldn't even dream of offering that package this season.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 05:11 PM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Toronto paid through the teeth for Kaberle? He is just above average?
Sounds like someone is just too blinded by Leafs hate to be at all objective.
Or vice versa, points aren't everything and I still don't believe Kaberle is anything better than a two or three most places, same goes for Kubina. Call me when Kaberle's points translate into wins.

His $4.5 million is also on a market as a restricted free agent in a time where it was still somewhat taboo to tender an offer sheet, so it's a little different than Brian Campbell on an open market.

Toronto paid through the teeth on Kubina, on Gill, on Finger, on McCabe, etc. in free agency - and you may say it wasn't Burke, but I think he had trouble shedding the Schneider contract in Anaheim.

Your two defencemen are not worth the outlandish packages you're asking for them. You may get something like that somewhere, but I don't think it will be from Dallas.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 03:19 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Or vice versa, points aren't everything and I still don't believe Kaberle is anything better than a two or three most places, same goes for Kubina. Call me when Kaberle's points translate into wins.

His $4.5 million is also on a market as a restricted free agent in a time where it was still somewhat taboo to tender an offer sheet, so it's a little different than Brian Campbell on an open market.

Toronto paid through the teeth on Kubina, on Gill, on Finger, on McCabe, etc. in free agency - and you may say it wasn't Burke, but I think he had trouble shedding the Schneider contract in Anaheim.

Your two defencemen are not worth the outlandish packages you're asking for them. You may get something like that somewhere, but I don't think it will be from Dallas.
The fact that the leafs dont win isnt because of Kaberle. Now the fact that Toronto one of the worst teams in the league is usually in the top 6 or 7 in the league for their power play is.
Kaberle plays a similar style to Dan Boyle or Brian Campbell and is paid significantly less then they are.
It doesnt matter the circumstances under which he signed his contract he still makes much less then Dmen who play that same style at 4.25m(not 4.5)

Old
12-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
Actually I think it was Kaberle for Jeff Carter. No 1st rounder.

And yeah, Carter's stock has reached untouchable heights. While Kaberle is pretty much the same.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:25 AM
WildWolfdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
Actually I think it was Kaberle for Jeff Carter. No 1st rounder.

And yeah, Carter's stock has reached untouchable heights. While Kaberle is pretty much the same.
No, it was Carter and a 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Only problem with that train of thought is, Kaberle's value has gone down, while Carter's has skyrocketed. Obviously the Flyers wouldn't even dream of offering that package this season.
Yes but someone else could - and that player could turn out to be the next Carter

WildWolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote