HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prucha-Dubi-Z, Korps-Gomez-Naslund

Old
12-29-2008, 08:32 PM
rangers4ever2007

vCash: 500
Prucha-Dubi-Z, Korps-Gomez-Naslund

can renney at least keep prucha on the 3rd line the next game?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 08:38 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
No. He made a wrong pass somewhere I believe. Wow, but the +Isles really stunk and were close though. Says a lot imo...
I would try the following lines the next 5-7 games (but against Wash next keep C orr in lineup instead of Korpedo or Shoe)

Prucha - Gomez - Nasty
Fritsche (what has Voros done since October?) - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Dawes - Drury - Cally
Shoe (Orr) - Betts - Korpedo

Sit Voros a while and give Fritsche a shot

Should balance out the attack a bit
+ Sit Kalinin in favour of Potter

Thoughts???

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:33 PM
czechmate25

I'm all for letting Zherdev-Dubinsky-Prucha play together for a few more games.....or the rest of the season.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
I'm all for letting Zherdev-Dubinsky-Prucha play together for a few more games.....or the rest of the season.
If voros can score a ton of goals playing on that line... Prucha should net at least 10 by the end of the season with the. Maybe more but let's see how he plays over an extended amount of games lol

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:39 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

If Prucha is going to play, he should be on the same line with Zherdev. Zherdev is the guy that is going to create the most chances and unless Prucha is scoring goals, there is little reason for him to be in the lineup. He doesn't bring enough of anything else.

Barring any big changes, I think the lines we have going right now are actually the way they should stay.

Naslund-Gomez-Korpedo
Prucha-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Callahan
Shooey-Betts-Orr

We finally found the perfect spot in the lineup for Voros, too. Anywhere but on the ice.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
GoNikolaiZherdevGo

I like the naslund gomez zherdev line. I'd leave drury dawes and cally, and maybe give duby prucha korps a shot. And of course the 4th line is the 4th line.

GoNikolaiZherdevGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:48 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
If Prucha is going to play, he should be on the same line with Zherdev. Zherdev is the guy that is going to create the most chances and unless Prucha is scoring goals, there is little reason for him to be in the lineup. He doesn't bring enough of anything else.

Barring any big changes, I think the lines we have going right now are actually the way they should stay.

Naslund-Gomez-Korpedo
Prucha-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Callahan
Shooey-Betts-Orr

We finally found the perfect spot in the lineup for Voros, too. Anywhere but on the ice.
Agreed. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Voros or especially Fritsche get a shot at fourth line duty over Betts or stonehands occasionally.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:50 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Naslund-Gomez-Korpedo
Prucha-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Callahan
Shooey-Betts-Orr

Another key point - LEAVE PRUCHA ON HIS OFF WING. Why Renney keeps insisting on trying him as a RW (in his limited playing time) when all of his success has come as a right handed shot on the LW is beyond me.

Old
12-30-2008, 09:02 AM
polako

Betts should NEVER sit for Dan Fritsche, and this is one decision that I'll back Tom Renney on fully.

Night in and night out, he's the one player on this team who you can count on to do his job well. To take out a guy like Betts to experiment with Fritsche would send the wrong message, imo. Then again, we're also talking about a coach who benches a guy like Prucha, so anything's possible.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:14 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Betts should NEVER sit for Dan Fritsche, and this is one decision that I'll back Tom Renney on fully.

Night in and night out, he's the one player on this team who you can count on to do his job well. To take out a guy like Betts to experiment with Fritsche would send the wrong message, imo. Then again, we're also talking about a coach who benches a guy like Prucha, so anything's possible.
I'm sorry, but I don't get the unconditional love that Betts ALWAYS gets around here. So he tries hard. He's one of about 8 forwards who participates in the #2 PK in the league. So what? That's it, people. He is EMINENTLY replaceable.

He has almost no offensive skill. He never sets up his teammates and he rarely, rarely scores. Whenever his line is out there the BEST you can expect is to come out even - he's the perfect Tom Renney player, working his ass off, focusing on defense to the absolute exclusion of all else, with a best case scenario of winning in the shootout... from the moment he steps on the ice. We (or at least many of us) kill Renney for that style and yet so many of you have no problems with the player who epitomizes it. I honestly don't get it.

Would it really be that horrible to see if we could upgrade him to a guy who, oh I dunno, maybe was equally defensively responsible and had a chance to exceed 13 points in a season?

Old
12-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

I don't see any reason to change the lines after last night. The 'new' lines really started to show some chemistry in the 2nd and that continued into the 3rd.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:23 AM
NYRSinceBirth

I'd like to see Dubi and Prucha play together. Both players learned how to play in their rookie years from Jagr (Prucha had somoene to set him up, he loved the front of the net, allowed Jgs to use his size and make room, Dubi uses his size, makes room, can protect the puck well enough), they might mesh well. Zherdev's unbelievable eyes and play making isn't Jagresque, but it's damn good, and I think help the other two, as they might need someone to feed off of (Which was once Jagr). And I'm digging Nazzy and Gomer together.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:29 AM
polako

Brooklyn, I understand your point of view, just disagree with it.

I'm not expecting much from a fourth line center. In the past, Renney has voiced his desire, and in many cases, has actually utilized his fourth line as a checking unit. In this capacity, all I care about is not having the other team's line score. The Betts unit at least the past couple of years has been able to get the puck deep in the offensive zone and work the cycle (I recall the Betts-Hossa-Orr trio being the best at this).

Alternatively, I'm not sold on Dan Fritsche. I'm not sold on a guy who couldn't cut it in Columbus, of all places, and who was a throw-in in a trade where we already had a clear upper hand. Sure, he may be a better all around player, but if inserted at Betts' expense, he wouldn't be as good as Betts in the role that he'd be playing, which would be a purely defensive role.

Besides, most of Betts' minutes come on the PK anyway. I'm confident that Fritsche doesn't have the talent to contribute enough more offensively in 5 minutes of ES time to justify supplanting Betts, especially with Orr and Sjo as linemates.

Old
12-30-2008, 09:36 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Brooklyn, I understand your point of view, just disagree with it.

I'm not expecting much from a fourth line center. In the past, Renney has voiced his desire, and in many cases, has actually utilized his fourth line as a checking unit. In this capacity, all I care about is not having the other team's line score. The Betts unit at least the past couple of years has been able to get the puck deep in the offensive zone and work the cycle (I recall the Betts-Hossa-Orr trio being the best at this).

Alternatively, I'm not sold on Dan Fritsche. I'm not sold on a guy who couldn't cut it in Columbus, of all places, and who was a throw-in in a trade where we already had a clear upper hand. Sure, he may be a better all around player, but if inserted at Betts' expense, he wouldn't be as good as Betts in the role that he'd be playing, which would be a purely defensive role.

Besides, most of Betts' minutes come on the PK anyway. I'm confident that Fritsche doesn't have the talent to contribute enough more offensively in 5 minutes of ES time to justify supplanting Betts, especially with Orr and Sjo as linemates.
Fair enough - we'll agree to disagree.

As to the line combos yesterday, another thing I really liked was Korpi's addition to the Gomez line. It was something that I was suggesting might work over the summer. He has the speed to keep up with Gomer, but is much better at puck pursuit (freeing up Naslund to go to scoring areas), more defensively responsible and has a great shot (did you see the wrister that just missed the net in the 3rd?) when his linemates set him up to use it. And, something I didn't anticipate - his effort clearly pushes Gomez and Naslund who can sometimes fall into the trap of coasting.

All in all, I REALLY like him as a compliment to those guys. So, leaving aside the disagreement about the fourth line, as I said, I think these lines may be keepers. Until Dawes gets moved as part of the package for Kovalchuk, that is...

Old
12-30-2008, 12:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't see any reason to change the lines after last night. The 'new' lines really started to show some chemistry in the 2nd and that continued into the 3rd.
Agreed. Let them play a couple games.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:30 PM
DutchShamrock

My fear is that Prucha sits anyway. I think the Voros benching was a message and not a longterm roster change. Renney's history is that he gives a benching and goes back to that guy to see how he responds. He rarely gives up on an individual *coughpruchacough* and with the 5 day layoff I really don't see Renney keeping Voros out for over a week.

The one hope I have is that Renney's message was delivered in that one practice where Prucha took Voros' spot, Renney went with him in the game to see his response and Voros delivered so to speak.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Y4NK335

Renney is a complete moron if he continues to bench Prucha. Let him play over Dan and Aaron.

He proves he is deserving of a spot each time he plays.

I like the Dubi-Z-Prucha line and think it should stay..

Y4NK335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Vitto79

screw the let him play a couple of games, let him play for a month and see what they have.............he will atleast get his trade value up by getting goals like he has

Dawes has really picked it up too and Korps is high energy........Cally has really done well

I like the mix in lines now stick to it for a while

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:59 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...-out.html#more

According to practice today, the lines will remain the same for the next couple of games.... let's see if he's true to his word.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Fair enough - we'll agree to disagree.

As to the line combos yesterday, another thing I really liked was Korpi's addition to the Gomez line. It was something that I was suggesting might work over the summer. He has the speed to keep up with Gomer, but is much better at puck pursuit (freeing up Naslund to go to scoring areas), more defensively responsible and has a great shot (did you see the wrister that just missed the net in the 3rd?) when his linemates set him up to use it. And, something I didn't anticipate - his effort clearly pushes Gomez and Naslund who can sometimes fall into the trap of coasting.

All in all, I REALLY like him as a compliment to those guys. So, leaving aside the disagreement about the fourth line, as I said, I think these lines may be keepers. Until Dawes gets moved as part of the package for Kovalchuk, that is...
Definitely agree with the notion that Korpi meshes well on the top line with Gomez and Naslund, for the same reasons you outline. I have a feeling we'll see Korpi grow as a player a great deal from now until the end of the season.

Old
12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
AXN

The only change I would make at forward is to put Korpikoski at left wing and Naslund to right wing on Gomez line.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
The only change I would make at forward is to put Korpikoski at left wing and Naslund to right wing on Gomez line.
Naslund on the RW?

I dont think he's ever played RW in his entire career.....

You dont move Nassy to the other side.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I called the Dubi, Prucha, Z line before the season started. I belive I said, Dubi would be a good powerforward, and would be the muscle and Z would be the playmaker, and Petr would score. Of course I'm not right yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
No way, Nazzy is a LW he is much more dominant and makes this be happen much more often as a LW.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Naslund on the RW?

I dont think he's ever played RW in his entire career.....

You dont move Nassy to the other side.
Yes he has. Last year he even plays right wing, and barely produced, then he was moved back to LW and started to score.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 12:36 AM
BlueShirtChic308

Quote:

Naslund-Gomez-Korpedo
Prucha-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Callahan
Shooey-Betts-Orr

I like the look of those lines, but I disagree that Prucha has no reason other than goal scoring to be on that line or on the ice in general. He plays with grit, he's all over the ice and he is hungry to show the fans that Renney has no reason to bench him (though most of us are aware of that already) Regardless of whether or not he'll get back into form as a goal scorer (which he very well could) he belongs on the ice. What he doesn't have in size he makes up for in attitude and dedication.

BlueShirtChic308 is offline   Reply With Quote