HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bergeron

Old
12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Patty Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
if no one's giving up anything of value, can you please tell me the point of trading him?
There is no point to trading him. I agree with you.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui View Post
If you don't trade him, you could end up with nothing, he may not return, and if he does, he could suffer from another concussion during this season, and at this point, it will be over....I'd prefer to have some decent prospects and a pick than a retired player... But, as I said, it's really a guess, he could also come back healthy...
He's 23... What are the chances he never returns to form? My guess is slim to none.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
He's 23... What are the chances he never returns to form? My guess is slim to none.
How old was Brent Lindros when he had to call it quit? You have to understand how concussion work... each one that you have compounds, which means that it takes less of a hit the next time to get just as bad of a concussion or worst! They don't heal completely, they never go away! So his age in this case is totally irrelevant.

I love Bergeron as a player and I find very unfortunate that he's had to go through this, but I have a feeling that he won't be playing for much longer. The Bruins are better off keeping him and hope that he can still play.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
How old was Brent Lindros when he had to call it quit? You have to understand how concussion work... each one that you have compounds, which means that it takes less of a hit the next time to get just as bad of a concussion or worst! They don't heal completely, they never go away! So his age in this case is totally irrelevant.

I love Bergeron as a player and I find very unfortunate that he's had to go through this, but I have a feeling that he won't be playing for much longer. The Bruins are better off keeping him and hope that he can still play.
I'm sure that's what you're hoping as a Habs fan. He had one freak concussion on a dirty play and one on a hit that anyone would have gotten one on.

Bergeron's not the type of player to just hang it up. He'll be hitting 70 points by next season again.

Old
12-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I'm sure that's what you're hoping as a Habs fan. He had one freak concussion on a dirty play and one on a hit that anyone would have gotten one on.

Bergeron's not the type of player to just hang it up. He'll be hitting 70 points by next season again.
Two things:
  1. In spite of what you think, I'm a Patrice Bergeron fan and I certainly don't hope for him to end his career this soon and that way
  2. Do yourself a favour and read on concussions. You'll understand a bit more.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:51 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
if no one's giving up anything of value, can you please tell me the point of trading him?
I could give you 4.75MM reasons/yr why they might want to trade him. Teams don't like paying players to sit on their IR and then getting nothing for them in return.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
I could give you 4.75MM reasons/yr why they might want to trade him. Teams don't like paying players to sit on their IR and then getting nothing for them in return.
I could give you 207 reasons why the Bruins organization isn't dumb enough to trade him.

Old
12-30-2008, 12:59 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
I could give you 207 reasons why the Bruins organization isn't dumb enough to trade him.

That is less than 4.75 million.

(pretend the emoticon is biting his pinky and saying "million" in a Dr. Evil accent)

Hey, the Bruins traded a future 40 goal scorer to the Blues (albeit for a pretty good defenseman in his own right). Who is to say they wouldn't pull the trigger for what they deem to be the right player? The Bruins have a surplus at center, and Bergeron is the least sure thing.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
That is less than 4.75 million.

(pretend the emoticon is biting his pinky and saying "million" in a Dr. Evil accent)

Hey, the Bruins traded a future 40 goal scorer to the Blues (albeit for a pretty good defenseman in his own right). Who is to say they wouldn't pull the trigger for what they deem to be the right player? The Bruins have a surplus at center, and Bergeron is the least sure thing.
I'm not saying they wouldn't trade him if the right deal came along... But he sure as hell will never be treated as a salary dump.

Old
12-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Peter Griffin

The Bruins will hang onto Bergeron for better or worse.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Z-Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Bergeron is damaged goods. This last concussion could put his career in jeopardy or if he comes back, the next one could be the last. There is no way anyone with any common sense would trade anything significant for Patrice anymore.
/thread

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
I'm just inquiring about him because I feel the Blues will probably trade McDonald at the deadline (for a 2nd round pick), and they could use a young 2nd line center next season (I'm proposing this deal in the offseason). I know about his history of concussions, and I know he may be a risk, but it's a risk I'm willing to take because I think he can be had for a reasonable amount due to his concussion history and the Bruins depth at center with Savard, Krecji, and possibly Sobotka and/or Soderberg ready to make the jump to the big club (if Soderberg ever comes across the pond). Boston and St. Louis have been trading partners often, and I like the fact that Bergeron has some good history with Boyes. What would it take to land him, and what would the Bruins be looking for in return? I was thinking a good (but not great) wing or defense prospect and a 2nd round pick.

How about:

To St. Louis: Patrice Bergeron

To Boston: Aaron Palushaj and 2nd round pick

OR

To Boston: Jonus Junland, Simon Hjallmarson, and a 2nd round pick (a late 2nd round pick acquired in a trade of Tkachuk or McDonald).

Again, this would be in the offseason because I don't see Boston blowing up this team before the playoffs in preparation for a cup run.

If I had the time to post 1 million of these emoticons it would not fully emphasize how much I am laughing at your ridiculous proposals.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 11:25 AM
supeg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
So Bergeron is up for grabs for a prospect and a pick? Sweet!!! OK.. Edmonton offers Jordon Eberle and a 1st rounder.

Um Hell no we dont.

supeg* is offline   Reply With Quote