HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Goligoski

Old
12-30-2008, 12:29 AM
mikeod1986

vCash: 500
Alex Goligoski

What does everyone think his value is?

Throw some values, and or proposals out there involving Gogo (6 goals, 18 points as of this post)

I think at 23 years old this kid has alot of potential, but with sneep and grant in the AHL also the Pens could afford to move him for help on the wing at this point

mikeod1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Alone, I don't think he would realistically get much more than a pick. I'd expect 18 points playing on the PP with Crosby and Malkin... if you packaged him, however, you could probably get something nice.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Taupy

I just traded him in my pool.

Dany Heatley/Daniel Alfredsson/Alex Goligoski
vs
Vincent Lecavalier/Ilya Kovalchuk/Lubomir Visnovsky

Have I won?

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:55 AM
WickedWrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulKOMInia View Post

vs

Have I won?
Yes, IMO

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulKOMInia View Post

vs

Have I won?
Wow.

Yes, I'd call that a decisive win in your favour.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:56 AM
EndlessNameless9319
@NBarry19

Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
I'd give Ales Kotalik and a 3rd, or maybe Kotalik and a 2nd. That kid has a lot of potential and I'd love to see him on the Sabres. I'd give up more, but I'm not sure exactly who... If we could get him in a package involving Staal and Gologoski and Pominville or Kotalik and picks, I'd love it even more, even though it wouldn't happen.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:29 AM
vcx*

I'd rather see Shero hang on to him. I doubt the team will get anything good by dealing him in a package deal. I mean who is Shero going to move of significant value?

Satan? No
Sykora? No
Staal? No, not unless the contract talks go real sour and that's an avenue Shero has to look at.

I'd rather keep Goligoski as he isn't that bad defensively given this is his rookie campaign. I would much rather go into next season with a defense of Gonchar, Whitney, Orpik, Letang and Goligoski with Shero adding another physical presence on the blue-line and maybe keeping Boucher around as veteran support. But he and Letang are both solid offensively and very underrated defensively.

The argument of having 18pts because of Geno and Sid is stupid and a clear indicator of how little the folks that say that, see him play. Unless a solid prospect that is going to be a sure fire top 6 on a team that is very deep on forward but weak with defense prospects comes calling, I would hope Shero says hell no and hangs up. Even with the argument about Sneep, Grant, and a few others that aren't really much to write home about, not until they play a season in the AHL and show they have the potential. You don't just trade away a defenseman like that in Goligoski.

He's worth more than just a pick, but not worth more than a solid top 6 player. But his value isn't crap and it's hard to judge what it really is. One thing is for certain, he isn't having a good rookie year because of Sid and Geno. The kid really is very smart with the puck, for a rookie. Alex will actually shoot and take risks, he reminds me of a smaller Whitney during his first 2yrs, just better defensively and not quite at the 59pt level, but 39pts he can do. He is currently on pace for a 13 goal, 27 assist season for 40pts. Which looks about right with his offensive acumen, even with Whits back. Losing Letang for a bit helps his cause for how much he is worth to the team as well.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:33 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopyKings6123 View Post
I'd give Ales Kotalik and a 3rd, or maybe Kotalik and a 2nd. That kid has a lot of potential and I'd love to see him on the Sabres. I'd give up more, but I'm not sure exactly who... If we could get him in a package involving Staal and Gologoski and Pominville or Kotalik and picks, I'd love it even more, even though it wouldn't happen.
Shero isn't going to deal a player, an RFA one at that, for an impending UFA. If Shero wants Kotalik, he will wait till after the season. Ray doesn't make the Hossa trade twice unless it's for a player that is still under contract and giving up assets that can be around for years is a little more worth it.

I'd rather see Shero move a few late picks and a veteran for a winger prospect and just look at things next season unless a trade falls in to his lap where it's an absolute must to move a young stud player. But for guys like Kotalik, Gaborik and others...pass.

Wait till after July 1st to see if they want to come to the Pens when Satan and Fedotenko are UFA's and there is more cap space to play around with and Shero can get a better look at who is ready for promotion and what not.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopyKings6123 View Post
What about Stafford?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Shero isn't going to deal a player, an RFA one at that, for an impending UFA. If Shero wants Kotalik, he will wait till after the season.
I wouldn't want to make the deal either, but clearly the thought here is that if we wanted to do something to address our problems at wing at the deadline, then this is one of the not totally atrocious things that could be done without hurting us short term. Gogo's points will decrease anyway as his role is diminished with the return of Whitney and later on Gonchar.

NB: To Lupe Fiasco (heh - nice reference there ), Goligoski has not simply been getting his points on the PP.. well, 4 goals and 7 points but in any case its his ES production, good passing and surprisingly responsible defense that's been key (an indication, however troublesome, is that he is far away the +/- leader among Pens defensemen). Our PP has been bollocks and Malkin/Sid has only 6 PP goals combined so far.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
KGpens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupe Fiasco View Post
Alone, I don't think he would realistically get much more than a pick. I'd expect 18 points playing on the PP with Crosby and Malkin... if you packaged him, however, you could probably get something nice.
That's just silly...

KGpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:10 AM
pensown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupe Fiasco View Post
The penguins have the 15th most PP goals in the league this year. 15th. No matter who is playing with him they have scored 30 PP goals this year and are in 15th in power play goals. Does this make sense? A goal is a goal. If Crosby and Malkin are on the ice it doesnt matter.

pensown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
4rde

He is already good and still has much potential so i guess thats pretty valuable already.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote