HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Senators @ Flames, Game 35

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonite?
Rene Bourque 22 95.65%
Phaneuf/Pardy - pairing 1 4.35%
Keenan('s line juggling) 0 0%
Other - please mention in thread 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Senators @ Flames, Game 35

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Kamina
Amok

Other - Brendan Bell

Rene Bourque if you're not sarcastic. Well, it's not really sarcasm.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:43 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
Bourque

Good thing I have his jersey now.

Please Sutter, re-sign him next year or even earlier! I want this guy to play on the Flames forever. This guy just bleeds Flame colors. Fast skating, hard working, net crashing, and hard hitting. PLEASE SUTTER!

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:45 PM
GoFlames

Rene Borque totally but again a total team victory here which is what counts. I now see what is loike to not be tremed hot on paper but hot in reality and I like it! Looking to be pushing the elite team status as they are building on a long stretch of good hard games. Kipper is loooking solid now and it is great to see him get his mojo back. This team is on a roll!

Also honourable mentions to Bell and Spezza for their turnovers and lazy play.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:53 PM
DontBooAlfieDuckFans

BOOOO FLAMES!! jk but damn it sucks to be a sens fan(sens fan here)

DontBooAlfieDuckFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Northern Neighbour

Bourque, with a doubt, was the team's best player. He was all over the ice.

Iginla had an excellent game. Phaneuf and Pardy were very good.s

Good thing the team turned it on at the right time. They were flat for the first 10 minutes before kicking it into another gear. They need to play with more urgency and not get too complacent, like they did for the first 30 minutes of this hockey game.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
The Flames came out ready to take control of this game and they did. That period was a solid fore check, hard hitting, smart passing play. The Flames were gaining the offensive zone strongly, and then setting up their attack quickly. They fell off their game for about two minutes and the Senators tied the game up. Less than fourty seconds later Cammy drops a pass to Aucoin, and Adrian fired a lazer beam to once again secure the lead. After that one moment of “Oh no…” the Flames took control of the game and crushed the life from the Sens.
The power play was truly magnificent again. Yes that’s right. They played great all game long, and in my opinion can be directly credited for two goals, even though they will not. The first one would be the delayed penalty goal by Aucoin. What a pass. Wow. The second would be Bourque’s hat trick goal. Which was just another thing Rene does so well, and why he’s such a valuable asset on this team. The penalty kill was solid, but got burned when a shot bounced off of Sarich and zigged when Miikka zagged. Bad luck was the real culprit here.
Rene is the man!! Bourque was everything for everyone tonight. He played every shift as if it was the most important shift of his career. More players need to carry this philosophy. Congratulations on your first Hat Trick!! Miikka was solid. Not a one of those goals would I fault him for. The defense broke down and Kipper got burned for it. He made some spectacular saves there in the third that would have changed the entire tone of this game. He shut down Heatley and Spezza, and really that is all you should ever expect. Then he went on to shut down most of the rest of the team as well.

Overall Impressions
An expected win. I never once felt the Flames wouldn’t win this game, but of course the Flames had to make exciting. They dominated this game when they actually felt like it. There were only a couple times when Ottawa actually looked dangerous, and those times the Flames were simply off their game. No harm no foul, and it is another important two points to secure the Flames grip on the first place spot in the NW.
Rene Bourque. I know I have said a great many flattering things about him tonight, but that would be simply on account of his Stellar play. He took this game and made an Iginla like effort to control it, and to great success. He hit, hit passes and shot. He drove the net and made everyone respect him. Which of course freed up other players to make havok for the Senators. What an inspired aquisition by Sutter. Bertuzzi was completely invisible all game. Thank god he comes so cheaply.

Three Stars By Me
1. Rene Bourque
2. Daymond Langkow
3. Miikka Kiprusoff

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:20 AM
kruezer

I went with Rene for sure, but I also thought Boyd had an underrated game.

I like this Pardy kid more and more, him and Phaneuf together still gives me minor heart attacks at times, but they had a very nice game tonight.

Also, Sarich really deserves a tonne of credit for the Flames improved play, his improved play and ability to carry a pair (first with Pardy, now Gio) has really made a huge difference for Keenan I think.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
The Gaud Father

LOL take note NHL...don't cross check Reggie on the throat

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post
LOL take note NHL...don't cross check Reggie on the throat
Lol, I saw that too. I'm glad they asked the Hemsky question .

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:27 AM
TMLeafer

Bourque's 3rd goal:

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 03:28 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Bourque. The guy is slowly turning into my favourite player. I just hope he can keep it up for the rest of the year.

Honourable mention to Kipper, he made some timely saves.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 04:01 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
What a game by Bourque! He's fit in so well and definetly has been a surprise. Just love what he brings to this team on a nightly basis.

How about Pardy. Another great game from the kid. Have to love the way he has developed so far. Playing a lot of minutes and doing a great job. Defensive depth is always great to have and Pardy definetly has given us that.

Kipper was solid all night. Robbed Heatley a few times and was just steady. First 20 game winner in the league. Phaneuf was great as well. Thought he was going to get a goal tonight with the way he was jumping in the play. It'll come though.

Really like the way the team is playing right now. Everyone is contributing and we are getting the wins. Should be another good game against the Wild.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 04:06 AM
tfong

Pardy had a very good game. I'm liking him quite a bit. He had a great steal on Vermette that drew a penalty too.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 09:57 AM
OffTheCrossBar*

yea Bourque had an amazing game..I hope we sign him to a long term contract. We need his heart,grit,speed, and he's turning into a pretty good scorer.

OffTheCrossBar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 11:46 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Great game, even better result. I love secondary scoring.

MVP to Rene Bourque.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 03:37 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Great game, even better result. I love secondary scoring.

MVP to Rene Bourque.
Secondary scoring is turning into primary scoring if I may suggest.

Goal leaders:
Iginla 16
Borque 14
Cammellari 13
Moss 11
Langkow 9
Bertuzzi 9
Boyd 7

Not bad this year.... like to see a team not so dependant on Iginla. I think this is one of the keys to the success of the Flames in that in the old days if Iggfy could not score and Kipepr not steal a game they would often lose. This year they have so many new weapons.

3 of our top 6 goal scorers were also newly acquired in the off season, Sutter is starting to look like a long term planner and now he has many options. Maybe all these out there trade rumours might have some reason to them after all.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Luongo2008*

Phaneuf/Pardy - pairing

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote