HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers - Senators

Old
12-29-2008, 08:51 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
From the amount of offers that Spezza has garnered on these boards, I felt like giving it a shot:

Rangers Get: C- Jason Spezza ($7.00M Hit) and D- Jason Smith ($2.60M Hit)

Senators Get: C- Scott Gomez ($7.36M Hit), D- Dimitri Kalinin ($2.10M Hit), RW- Petr Prucha ($1.60M Hit) and a NYR10-3

Salaries even out with OTT having a 2.2M cap space, and gaining close to $1.5M, with Kalinin being a contract that expires at the end of the year. Also allows the swapping of two horrid contracts, and new beginnings for both players in their respective cities.

In my eyes: Gomez + Prucha = Spezza & Kalinin + 3rd = Smith
My God, seriously? I don't think that package would get Spezza's jock.

The guy is having one off year (As is the rest of his team) and now he has a horrid contract? In his last 3 seasons he's had 92, 87, and 90 pts and scored over 30 goals in his last two seasons.

Gomez's best season was 84 pts and only one season of his nine that he had over 20 goals. Prucha hasn't done anything in two years. Not to mention a traffic cone would play better D then Kalinin right now and have a better +/-.

Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 12-29-2008 at 08:59 PM.
UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Sens4Cup

Gomez for Spezza would never work no matter what other pieces are involved. Why would you trade the same salaries to downgrade significantly? Gomez can't score a goal to save his life while in an off year Spezza's on pace for 34. Gomez makes way too much money for what he does and the Rangers are stuck with him and Drury. It looked ingenius when they did it, now it looks almost as bad as Redden/Roszival.

If NYR want a top-line center they better ante up something good in the way of Dubinsky, Girardi, Sanguinetti or something in that realm. The Sens won't trade for a player with an identical contract whose only plus is that he might work harder, but also because he has to since he's got less talent.

Sens4Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Spezzeria

Thank you for your proposal. But Ottawa would say no thanks.

Spezzeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 09:53 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 09:55 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
From the amount of offers that Spezza has garnered on these boards, I felt like giving it a shot:

Senators Get: C- Scott Gomez ($7.36M Hit), D- Dimitri Kalinin ($2.10M Hit), RW- Petr Prucha ($1.60M Hit) and a NYR10-3

Salaries even out with OTT having a 2.2M cap space, and gaining close to $1.5M, with Kalinin being a contract that expires at the end of the year. Also allows the swapping of two horrid contracts, and new beginnings for both players in their respective cities.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Prucha is now untouchable after scoring a goal tonight and being named the 1st star.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah

I've had to say that a lot lately.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duponttime View Post
Spezza is a one dimensional player. He has NO CLUE how to play defense. Again, people on this board only look at points when it comes to forwards. Also, if they are shopping Spezza, my guess is he's on the white powder like so many on that team have been reported to be.

Ottawa doesn't win with Spezza. Period. What they really need is a team who has a fantastic goalie prospect that is stuck behind a top goalie on their NHL roster. Now, who has that?

To people who understand that half of hockey is playing defense, Spezza's value isn't nearly that high because he doesn't play defense.
Maybe I was dreaming (because this year is a friggin nightmare), but we made the Finals year before last - and Spezza was tied for the most points.

The only thing we haven't won with Spezza is the Cup. Damn close though.

This deal is a hangup from Ottawa.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
lundy

Fantastic trade.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Prucha is now untouchable after scoring a goal tonight and being named the 1st star.
Same with Dawes?

You think Kalinin will still be offered?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I recognize that Ottawa wouldn't touch this one, but I don't think it's great for the Rangers either.

no significant change in cap space while adding a better offensive, yet much lazier and more irresponible defensive center.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:48 AM
The Thomas J.*

Nothing to see here, move along.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Also, if they are shopping Spezza, my guess is he's on the white powder like so many on that team have been reported to be.
If by 'white powder' you mean coke, well, you'd think the team would have more jump.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:31 AM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:

Math is with numbers, not names.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 07:59 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Spezza is a one dimensional player. He has NO CLUE how to play defense. Again, people on this board only look at points when it comes to forwards. Also, if they are shopping Spezza, my guess is he's on the white powder like so many on that team have been reported to be.

Ottawa doesn't win with Spezza. Period. What they really need is a team who has a fantastic goalie prospect that is stuck behind a top goalie on their NHL roster. Now, who has that?

To people who understand that half of hockey is playing defense, Spezza's value isn't nearly that high because he doesn't play defense.
Do you even understand the game it all.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Do you even understand the game it all.
Yes, that's why I look at defense. In fact, the dumbest things I see on these boards are from Canadian hockey fans. Amazing that it is "their game", yet they can be so stupid on it.

Spezza plays no defense. Only a complete moron with no hockey knowledge would think otherwise. All you have to do is watch the guy play. He has no commitment to playing defense. None.

Honestly, I don't put anything into a Canadian hockey fan's opinion when it has anything to do with the Rangers. They have such an inferiority complex with New York, and are so anti New York that it's really a waste of time to even listen to them.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Duponttime*

You take Flyer, Pitt, Islander or Devils fan who hate the Rangers. Even they would admit that it's embarrassing the anti New York garbage that the Canadian fans and media spout. It's so bad that they should not even discuss the Rangers because they can't ever have an objective opinion.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Yes, that's why I look at defense. In fact, the dumbest things I see on these boards are from Canadian hockey fans. Amazing that it is "their game", yet they can be so stupid on it.

Spezza plays no defense. Only a complete moron with no hockey knowledge would think otherwise. All you have to do is watch the guy play. He has no commitment to playing defense. None.

Honestly, I don't put anything into a Canadian hockey fan's opinion when it has anything to do with the Rangers. They have such an inferiority complex with New York, and are so anti New York that it's really a waste of time to even listen to them.
You actually need to watch him play. I'm not a Spezza fan and I'm one of the few Senators fans who thinks the team should deal him in order to move the team forward. Spezza could yield a very, very good return (sorry, but the original trade offer is terrible).

Spezza is a bit of enigma. He has a great skill set and can dominate offensively. His defensive game actually has improved considerably. He'll never win the Selke Trophy, but he's much more responsible in his own end. He does backcheck and take his man. However, he can get mesmerized by the puck, thus resulting in him in being poor position at times. But then again, what forward doesn't have this happen to him on occasion?

So while you can criticize Canadians about their "lack of hockey knowledge", you might first want to actually provide some sound analysis first before spewing anymore garbage.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Rangers dump salary and add a franchise center. Not a bad deal for them

But then you have to look at it as an Ottawa fans prospective.... And then laugh.
While i agree that its a bad deal for the Sens....i dont think i would ever go so far as to say that Jason Spezza is a franchise center. He's generally a productive center, but not a guy i'd build a team around.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
mytor4*

Quote:

What? Are you on crack or something.The only moron your talking about is you.Ya us Canadians are all stupid but your a walking ,talking hockey encyciopedia.What a joke.
Go cry on somebody elses shoulder because us Canadians don't take lightly to your kind.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote