HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why in the blue hell is Ben Maxwell still here?

Old
12-30-2008, 10:15 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
common sense to me is that since Chipchura hadn't played a game since 12-7, they wanted him to get in a couple games before calling him up. I know that they called him up the day he got the green light from the doctors but I assume that it was just a precautionary move, as I doubt they wanted to put Chipchura in the lineup after sitting for 3 weeks (he got in 1 full practice with the Dogs I believe)

I would expect to see Chipchura called up at some point, I'd wait and see how he looks coming back from the injury, as they should take it slow with him since he's had a big problem with his groin injury in the past (in his draft year he missed a large chunk of time to the groin injury)

I felt prior to the injury Chiper was playing perhaps the best hockey I've ever seen from him, so I have no doubt he'll be called up at some point as long as the groin is ok.

As for Maxwell, haven't been impressed with him personally, others are a lot higher on him then me, I've heard before that the Habs are really high on him, so I'm sure he'll be fine and I do consider him one of our top prospects but my concern was more for his style of play as he's very passive imo.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Maybe he is being showcased???
I would be really surprised 'cause of our depth at that position unless other centermen are coming back in a deal.

I mean it's totally true that Carbo likes him. It has been said by Carbo numerous times. But then, like I said before, I like MaxPac a lot....doesn't mean that I see him in my every day lineup and I'm pretty sure that Carbo thinks that way as well. I just can't believe that Carbo could be totally satisfied with his play.

Or it means that Chipchura is not ready and any others would do the job. Then Carbo has no choice in being satisfied....'cause of the options he has....Still at this time, we would be a better team even with Bégin centering the 4th, and Stewart or Glumac on the wings...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:23 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would be really surprised 'cause of our depth at that position unless other centermen are coming back in a deal.

I mean it's totally true that Carbo likes him. It has been said by Carbo numerous times. But then, like I said before, I like MaxPac a lot....doesn't mean that I see him in my every day lineup and I'm pretty sure that Carbo thinks that way as well. I just can't believe that Carbo could be totally satisfied with his play.

Or it means that Chipchura is not ready and any others would do the job. Then Carbo has no choice in being satisfied....'cause of the options he has....Still at this time, we would be a better team even with Bégin centering the 4th, and Stewart or Glumac on the wings...
Yes, because it's been non stop losing since Maxwell has been called up.

He is not hurting this team at all right now, although i garantee you are right that Chipper is a better player at this time, and if we were losing with Ben in the line up, BG would have recalled Chipper. I think it's just one of those you don't change a winning formula.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Big Maxwell fan, but he's definitely not ready. He just started playing in the AHL this year. Not everyone can make the jump that quickly.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:42 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
common sense to me is that since Chipchura hadn't played a game since 12-7, they wanted him to get in a couple games before calling him up. I know that they called him up the day he got the green light from the doctors but I assume that it was just a precautionary move, as I doubt they wanted to put Chipchura in the lineup after sitting for 3 weeks (he got in 1 full practice with the Dogs I believe)

I would expect to see Chipchura called up at some point, I'd wait and see how he looks coming back from the injury, as they should take it slow with him since he's had a big problem with his groin injury in the past (in his draft year he missed a large chunk of time to the groin injury)

I felt prior to the injury Chiper was playing perhaps the best hockey I've ever seen from him, so I have no doubt he'll be called up at some point as long as the groin is ok.

As for Maxwell, haven't been impressed with him personally, others are a lot higher on him then me, I've heard before that the Habs are really high on him, so I'm sure he'll be fine and I do consider him one of our top prospects but my concern was more for his style of play as he's very passive imo.
Last game against Rochester Chips was the best forward on the ice and didn't register a point. He controls the puck better than anyone in the league and is never out of position, always suporting his team mates. Hate to say it as a Bulldog fan but can't see him in the AHL by end of season.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
My favorite injury site has him out until mid-January, not so good news huh ?

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/injuries
Could you please stop quoting that site about the Koivu injury, there have been ZERO reports in the Montreal media that Koivu is out until then. They are just guessing with that estimate.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Yes, because it's been non stop losing since Maxwell has been called up.
Same logic that was used before when we had a winning record 'cause Dandenault was in the lineup and then when he was not playing we had a losing one 'cause clearly Dandenault was the decisive factor in a win and in a loss....

It's not because we're not losing that you can't improve the team.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 11:21 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Could you please stop quoting that site about the Koivu injury, there have been ZERO reports in the Montreal media that Koivu is out until then. They are just guessing with that estimate.
The site rules here state we can post with a valid LINK and CBS sports is a valid link. So if you don't want me to post this link please put it in the rules that the CBS link is a non valid link . thanks.

Old
12-30-2008, 12:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Last game against Rochester Chips was the best forward on the ice and didn't register a point. He controls the puck better than anyone in the league and is never out of position, always suporting his team mates. Hate to say it as a Bulldog fan but can't see him in the AHL by end of season.
Thanks. I missed the game but when I have some free time I plan on watching it

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Journalists are saying that Carbo is enamored with the kid.
As a student journalist, I am offended by this comment.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
As a student journalist, I am offended by this comment.
hahahah! you're offended that they're called "journalist" right.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
The site rules here state we can post with a valid LINK and CBS sports is a valid link. So if you don't want me to post this link please put it in the rules that the CBS link is a non valid link . thanks.
Or he could just point out what's wrong with the link, and ask you to stop using it because it's inaccurate. Why do you need a rule to stop you from spreading bad information?

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
All I am saying is that CBS is purely guessing with that estimate as there have been no media updates in recent days on Koivu and when he should be back. I agree with you, it's usually a VERY accurate site. But on this occasion it's inaccurate, simply because there have been no updates on the timetable of Koivu's return in the media and you won't try to make me believe CBS of all sports sites have a direct source of info with Koivu or the Habs...

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Habblues

JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK AND I WAS GOING TO START A THREAD AND SAY THE EXACT SAME THINGS AS YOU.........HE`S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PLAYING IN THE NHL......HAS HE EVEN GOT A SHOT ON NET ????//
bUT I WOULD HAVE ALSO SAID THAT WE DON`T NEED JAYBO !!!! HE`S SLOW AND STUPID !!! BRING BACK CRAIG RIVET !!!!

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Benjamin Maxwell >> Kyle Chipchura

Enough said !!

There is a difference between participating and competing/influencing. Ben Maxwell is currently participating in each game. Kyle Chipcura competes and can have a positive influence in a game, and he has proven that before.

Maxwell will probably be good, once he puts some muscle on. Chipchura is physically able and has all the skills right now.

Therefore, at this moment, Chipchura>Maxwell

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK AND I WAS GOING TO START A THREAD AND SAY THE EXACT SAME THINGS AS YOU.........HE`S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PLAYING IN THE NHL......HAS HE EVEN GOT A SHOT ON NET ????//
bUT I WOULD HAVE ALSO SAID THAT WE DON`T NEED JAYBO !!!! HE`S SLOW AND STUPID !!! BRING BACK CRAIG RIVET !!!!
must... resist.... the... need... to... tell... him... to... GTFO... cause... he's... a... noob

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
hahahah! you're offended that they're called "journalist" right.
Pretty much.

90% of "sports journalists" toss all of their journalistic integrity out of the door because they never wanted to be journalists in the first place, they just wanted a job involving sports with very little physical contribution that lets them run their mouths.

Of course, thats a rant for another day.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
I think he's not at 100 % (chip) right now , but it'll come , prepare you crow erika

remember last year when chip began the year , at least he got points him!

(not downing maxwell or anything ) just a attention lover!
She wouldn't know how to eat crow even if you made her read a step-by-step guide.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Thanks for the great post! You took the words out of my mouth....

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
All I am saying is that CBS is purely guessing with that estimate as there have been no media updates in recent days on Koivu and when he should be back. I agree with you, it's usually a VERY accurate site. But on this occasion it's inaccurate, simply because there have been no updates on the timetable of Koivu's return in the media and you won't try to make me believe CBS of all sports sites have a direct source of info with Koivu or the Habs...
fair enough Marc, cheers

Old
12-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Pretty much.

90% of "sports journalists" toss all of their journalistic integrity out of the door because they never wanted to be journalists in the first place, they just wanted a job involving sports with very little physical contribution that lets them run their mouths.

Of course, thats a rant for another day.

That's pretty annoying the way everything they do turn into an opinion piece instead of doing their jobs as reporters.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 12:59 AM
zzoo

Chipchura does play for Bulldogs tonight, i.e. he's not injured. It's really unfair that Maxwell gets his chance, but not Chip. Chip deserves to be here, much more than Maxwell.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Guillemin

He bad. He not good.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:23 AM
CPrice

Chips does deserve to be here over Maxwell. I think Gainey just doesn't want to change the winning formula. I could see Chips coming up very soon.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:49 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Uhh imagine Philly with Carter and Richards down, or the Bruins with Savard and Krejci down. Any team suddenly losing 2 top centres is in trouble.
What's the point?

I am just pointing out if we have to play him in the playoffs because of injuries he better have played a couple games during the season...so we know wht to expect from him...

why you stuck to this part (the first 2 centers down) is beyond me.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote