HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You guys got LOLBarbera!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2008, 01:37 AM
  #101
Tripwyre
Registered User
 
Tripwyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
No, he's been the Kings fans whipping boy for the historic incompetence of entire Kings franchise which isn't fair.
What's even funnier than the "I love watching Canuck fans spin this trade" responses from the Kings is the "Dean Lombardi is the Executive of the Year for fleecing a 7th round pick out of Vancouver for this guy!" The same Dean Lombardi who traded two 2nds and a 3rd for Dan Cloutier, and signed him to a costly extension before he'd even played a game. Executive of the Year.

Tripwyre is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 01:51 AM
  #102
Johnny Rockstar
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
No, he's been the Kings fans whipping boy for the historic incompetence of entire Kings franchise which isn't fair.
For some Kings fans, yes. But, not all of us feel that way. Like I said in an earlier post, I wish Labarbera the best. I don't hate the guy. It was just time for him and the Kings to go their separate ways.

BTW, this "historic incompetence of entire Kings franchise" thing is getting blown way out of proportion.

Johnny Rockstar is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 01:54 AM
  #103
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rockstar View Post
For some Kings fans, yes. But, not all of us feel that way. Like I said in an earlier post, I wish Labarbera the best. I don't hate the guy. It was just time for him and the Kings to go their separate ways.

BTW, this "historic incompetence of entire Kings franchise" thing is getting blown way out of proportion.
Not really. How long is it going to take them to build a winner? Another 3 years? 5? 10?

Dolemite is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
  #104
Zorbane
Registered User
 
Zorbane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500
Trying to scare away visitors?

Zorbane is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 01:57 AM
  #105
Johnny Rockstar
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Not really. How long is it going to take them to build a winner? Another 3 years? 5? 10?
About as long as it has been taking Vancouver, I guess.

Johnny Rockstar is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 01:59 AM
  #106
TwzKing
Registered User
 
TwzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Alright guys let me start out with im on my phone so sorry if the txt is a little sloppy. Okay JLb was at one point a decent goalie... and he was given every chance to be LA number 1. At the start of the season he was named as the starter.... and he played horrible. To say the kings are a terrible team is really just silly. The king defence is one of the best in the nhl. He just couldnt hack it... and was starting to get boo`d at home. With the play of quick and ersberg... there was no room for jason. About the bryz thing Phx was ahead of the kings wavier pick up and the king DID make a claim for him. Now for what someone who said the kings had s***** managment... Dean did trade jason to his home town... same thing conroy..... and avery wanted to go new york.

TwzKing is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:02 AM
  #107
Saren
Multi Pass!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fhloston Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Although our relationship with Los Angels is... estranged, to say the least, let's not scare them away.


LOLBarbera is pretty damn hilarious though. I can picture it now.. as he whips out the glove when Jarome tries for the top shelf, the crowd roars "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOL!

Saren is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:05 AM
  #108
Alexistheman
Registered User
 
Alexistheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Surrey
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
Alright guys let me start out with im on my phone so sorry if the txt is a little sloppy. Okay JLb was at one point a decent goalie... and he was given every chance to be LA number 1. At the start of the season he was named as the starter.... and he played horrible. To say the kings are a terrible team is really just silly. The king defence is one of the best in the nhl. He just couldnt hack it... and was starting to get boo`d at home. With the play of quick and ersberg... there was no room for jason. About the bryz thing Phx was ahead of the kings wavier pick up and the king DID make a claim for him. Now for what someone who said the kings had s***** managment... Dean did trade jason to his home town... same thing conroy..... and avery wanted to go new york.
How can you even blame LaBarbera he has the same Save PCT as the team does. He only played 1/2 the games. Teams can give up more scoring chances but fewer shots, did you know that?

Alexistheman is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:11 AM
  #109
Fawkes
Registered User
 
Fawkes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Canuck View Post
How can you even blame LaBarbera he has the same Save PCT as the team does. He only played 1/2 the games. Teams can give up more scoring chances but fewer shots, did you know that?
Everyone who has seen Kings games this year can tell you that LaBarbera has been really shaky all season. Everytime the opponent gets a shot on goal, you´re worried it might go in. With Ersberg or Quick, it´s a totally different feeling.

Fawkes is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:14 AM
  #110
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rockstar View Post
About as long as it has been taking Vancouver, I guess.
Don't even make the comparison with the two teams. A better example of similar franchises would be the Kings and the Clippers.

Dolemite is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:14 AM
  #111
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust
 
Back in 94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcking View Post
Why would they trade for him if he was close to coming back, if anything its the opposite.
CDC just said that Luongo is fine. They orginally just wanted to send Schneider back down to the AHL.

Back in 94 is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:18 AM
  #112
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El1te View Post
They orginally just wanted to send Schneider back down to the AHL.
Watch him own on the Moose roster now.

Dolemite is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:24 AM
  #113
Johnny Rockstar
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Don't even make the comparison with the two teams. A better example of similar franchises would be the Kings and the Clippers.
Why because they both play their home games at Staples Center?

Johnny Rockstar is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:27 AM
  #114
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rockstar View Post
Why because they both play their home games at Staples Center?
No, front office incompetence.

Dolemite is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:36 AM
  #115
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik
 
JannikAtTheDisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a van in vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepps View Post
Get off of KP
NEVAAHH!! hehe

JannikAtTheDisco is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:36 AM
  #116
Alexistheman
Registered User
 
Alexistheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Surrey
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Everyone who has seen Kings games this year can tell you that LaBarbera has been really shaky all season. Everytime the opponent gets a shot on goal, you´re worried it might go in. With Ersberg or Quick, it´s a totally different feeling.
The feeling you get doesn't mean anything when the numbers are almost completely the same.

Alexistheman is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:37 AM
  #117
Johnny Rockstar
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
No, front office incompetence.
Oh, okay. Whatever you say.

Well, there's one thing that both the Kings and Canucks do have in common...neither has ever won the Stanley Cup. Good luck to you.

Johnny Rockstar is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:40 AM
  #118
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
A kings fan perspective:

-Labs can rarely give a solid performance.
-Gives up about a rebound per shot.
-Is constantly out of position after the first shot-one shot goalie and all bets are off
-Has never been able to win a starting position even when gift wrapped for him
-Guy has been playing himself out of the nhl, I imagine this is his last shot to prove himself

I can't see him turning things around, if he doesn't he wont be in the nhl much longer.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Don't think he will be there very long.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:45 AM
  #119
Meganuck*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
A kings fan perspective:

-Labs can rarely give a solid performance.
-Gives up about a rebound per shot.
-Is constantly out of position after the first shot-one shot goalie and all bets are off
-Has never been able to win a starting position even when gift wrapped for him
-Guy has been playing himself out of the nhl, I imagine this is his last shot to prove himself

I can't see him turning things around, if he doesn't he wont be in the nhl much longer.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Don't think he will be there very long.
So he's curtis sanford except 4 inches taller?

Meganuck* is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:51 AM
  #120
hlrsr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Hm, I duno about this guy.



edit: aw, already posted in the Sanford thread.

hlrsr is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:56 AM
  #121
sweatypickle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
poop

sweatypickle is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:57 AM
  #122
nibbles
Registered User
 
nibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: WAL MART
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nibbles
LABRBABRBEEREERA is here to save the franchise!!!! wooohoo!!!

Sundin LABRBBERBEEERA combo is to be feared!!!!

nibbles is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:58 AM
  #123
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMoFoKANGS View Post
And how many cups more than the Kings has Vancouver won????
You do know the answer to that question is actually "one", right?

PecaFan is offline  
Old
12-31-2008, 02:59 AM
  #124
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,950
vCash: 500
Well, hopefully playing in his hometown will help his confidence a bit. He'll be alternating games with Schneider until one of them shows they can carry the load in the absence of both Luongo and Sanford. I think we could have done worse than to bring Labarbera in. At the costy of only a 7th round pick, a nice depth pickup.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
12-31-2008, 03:07 AM
  #125
FatStoner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Wait i must have missed something here, why the hate for the Kings?

I've always had a soft spot for them. Their history is just as pathetic as ours, they took our garbage no questions asked(Cloutier), and were even nice enough to give us a hefty ransom for it

FatStoner is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.