HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#37 -- Flyers at Canucks -- December 30, 2008 -- 10:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-31-2008, 07:44 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
I'm sitting down with my buddy (canucks fan) for no more than 45 seconds when the nucks score. My friend starts to give me ****...Hartnell scores before he's done.
Hahahaha! Humiliating!!!!

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 08:07 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Was out tonight, glad to see they notched a win!

Watching the highlights, can someone teach Hartnell some new moves? He's been getting breakaways all alone but always tries the backhand shovel, too predictable...
Now you know why they don't put him on shootouts. If you can't lift the puck on the backhand, than just shoot, besides unlike the shootout you can score on a rebound during the game, something hartnell can do very well. He should take a hard low wrister from 15 feet out and crash the net.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 08:16 AM
BringBackStevens

Kalinski and Powe are awesome, our 4th line was excellent in this game. I hope those two players find a way onto our team full time, and for the playoffs. Cote will be unnecessary then anyway.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:12 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
I hope Giroux gets a few more games with Richards and Knuble. I think the first few games Giroux was just nervous because in preseason and the first part of the season he wasn't up to where he was supposed to be and he was just thinking too much and trying not to make mistakes. Once he gets into the flow of a normal routine, he will be very good and will be even more valuable if we can keep him on that line and put Briere back with Gagne.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:35 AM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Marty bails us out once again. I kind of had a feeling it would end 3-2.

That must have been Comcast, because I didn't get it on Verizon.

****ing hate EAS tests. I leave my TV on at night and if I don't put it on mute before i fall asleep, the EAS will wake me up and scare the **** out of me. It's 2009 just about, can't they come up with a better noise frequency?
The whole point of the EAS is to be obnoixous and get your attention.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Ri hards

Oh...I meant to say this in my last post. Did anyone else see Timonen waving at the Nucks an their fans at the end of the first? Cannon had just directed the puck back to Timonen to kill the final seconds of the period when the arena erupted in boos. I almost died of laughter seeing him wave to the crowd.

Hartnell was also pretty funny during the three stars. He acted like he was in Philly, came out with a big smile, raised his stick in the air and clapped a few times. If youve ever played NHL 09 you know what I mean.

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Yea he should just shoot, his one on one moves are brutal.
His second breakaway i thought was a great move, Schneider was just able to get the pad back to his left.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Hartnell was also pretty funny during the three stars. He acted like he was in Philly, came out with a big smile, raised his stick in the air and clapped a few times. If youve ever played NHL 09 you know what I mean.
Yeah I know what you mean. The best was in 2k8 when the losing team went off the ice acting like they won. Was that a glitch or a "nobody ever loses" neo-hippie thing, I wonder.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
He is already pretty strong, another 10-12 pounds would be beastly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALx5ag3hcFw

watch this if you have no seen it before
Thanks for the video....that was cool. I love Giroux and I'm glad to see he had such a good game. I was gettin' a little worried....

Quote:
Oh...I meant to say this in my last post. Did anyone else see Timonen waving at the Nucks an their fans at the end of the first? Cannon had just directed the puck back to Timonen to kill the final seconds of the period when the arena erupted in boos. I almost died of laughter seeing him wave to the crowd.

I noticed both, although I thought Kimmo was "directing" the other guys on the ice. He may have been doing what you were saying though....I wasn't paying that close attention...

I DID notice Hartnell though. They were interviewing Marty on the bench, and you can tell they were doing the stars, and I see him squeeze by to get back on the ice. I'd be pissed if I were a Vancouver fan....but that's friggin' funny......LMAO.

Also, listening to WIP right now, and Macnow is on (1 of only 2 real hockey guys on there). He says that Gagne has a shoulder STRAIN (which is best case scenerio) and will probably be out about a week. So what, 2 games? At least it's not too long.

He also was gushing over Richards coming to his defense, which was nice to hear. He basically echoed what we all said here - -that's why he's Captain!!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:11 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
No my nerves were shot by the end of the game
It's true; I have the text message to prove it.

Quote:
Congrats on the tournament win and a Flyers victory in your first Flyers game!

Hartnell was pretty sweet. Richards did the same thing last season in Vancouver.

It's always a treat to watch the Flyers live. I went down for the pre-game and took a whole bunch of pictures; I'll post a few on the weekend. Many, many Philly fans in the building again.

Hopefully Gags is alright. I haven't popped in to the injury thread to see the updates, but it didn't look good live that's for sure. Bieksa absolutely tuned Richards in that fight as well.

I thought Kalinski, Powe, Gratton and Hartnell all had pretty solid games. Giroux showed flashes of brilliance, but looks like he hasn't adjusted to the speed at the NHL level yet; that'll come in time. Coburn and Jones made some really scary decisions with the puck. I'm lovin' the chemistry between the Hartnell-Carter-Lupul line. They really look like they're having fun out there.

Congrats to Kalinski on his first career goal!
(A personal thank you to Alex Edler for being soft along the boards and giving up the puck and then, again, for his lax coverage on Kalinski as he buried the puck.)

My live Flyers record improved to 12-2! Woo!

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Congrats on the tournament win and a Flyers victory in your first Flyers game!
Thanks buddy...it was a great day...I could do no wrong. Hell, after the game I managed to swing into my favourite pho-house right before closing. It was awesome.

Quote:
It's always a treat to watch the Flyers live. I went down for the pre-game and took a whole bunch of pictures; I'll post a few on the weekend. Many, many Philly fans in the building again.
I really wanted to be at the pre-game for pictures too but I guess that wasn't in the cards. I noticed there was a lot of Orange and Black too. Actually, when I sat down in my seat the woman next to me (in a Linden Jersey) sighed and said "I'm surrounded by them." I look over and four seats down I see her Dad who's in the Home Flyers jersey. Midway through the game, it turns out the guy on the other side of me is also a Flyers fan.

Quote:
Hopefully Gags is alright. I haven't popped in to the injury thread to see the updates, but it didn't look good live that's for sure. Bieksa absolutely tuned Richards in that fight as well.
I missed this. This was probably the only down point of the day...I really wanted to see Gagne play. At least the prognosis is good...it'd suck to lose Gagne for an extended period.

Quote:
I thought Kalinski, Powe, Gratton and Hartnell all had pretty solid games. Giroux showed flashes of brilliance, but looks like he hasn't adjusted to the speed at the NHL level yet; that'll come in time. Coburn and Jones made some really scary decisions with the puck. I'm lovin' the chemistry between the Hartnell-Carter-Lupul line. They really look like they're having fun out there.
I'll agree with you about Kalinski, Powe and Hartnell. Maybe even Gratton to a degree. I just want to say the instant I saw Gratton on the ice on a slight scramble in the d-zone I had a feeling of dread...which was proven right when Kesler, the man Gratton should have covered, scored.

Quote:
Congrats to Kalinski on his first career goal!
(A personal thank you to Alex Edler for being soft along the boards and giving up the puck and then, again, for his lax coverage on Kalinski as he buried the puck.)
I loved looking up at the jumbo-tron and seeing the massive grin on his face. Good for him!

Quote:
My live Flyers record improved to 12-2! Woo!
That's pretty effing good man...is there any way we can get you seasons tickets for the Flyers?? All 82 games and playoffs???

Old
12-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
where I used to live, playing street hockey was like the game they are playing now. insane.

I love when they do major construction, the collingswood circle was like riding a bull. but its nicer now.
For shiz?! I have to drive up 130 to the Walt Whitman every game and that light gets so out of hand now. Traffic gets backed up all the way back to the light at Connies during rush hour. At least with the circle, traffic kept moving. Then again, I think I'm the only person in Jersey that appreciated and didn't mind the circles, once I mastered the skill of maneuvering around one. And the construction is definitely still there. I don't think that **** is ever going to get done.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:06 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
For shiz?! I have to drive up 130 to the Walt Whitman every game and that light gets so out of hand now. Traffic gets backed up all the way back to the light at Connies during rush hour. At least with the circle, traffic kept moving. Then again, I think I'm the only person in Jersey that appreciated and didn't mind the circles, once I mastered the skill of maneuvering around one. And the construction is definitely still there. I don't think that **** is ever going to get done.
The skill of maneuvering in a circle, ah the greatest assest any driver can aquire in the grand state of NJ.

Ill agree the lights suck there when the traffic gets heavy (which is pretty much all the time). and trying to get off 130 onto 30 blows. but its not as bad as the 70/73 circle with all those effing traffic lights they put in there. Id rather have my teeth drilled out by a rusty drill than drive through that abortion. Especially at rush hour. god.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I hope Giroux gets a few more games with Richards and Knuble. I think the first few games Giroux was just nervous because in preseason and the first part of the season he wasn't up to where he was supposed to be and he was just thinking too much and trying not to make mistakes. Once he gets into the flow of a normal routine, he will be very good and will be even more valuable if we can keep him on that line and put Briere back with Gagne.
Agreed here, I thought Giroux and Cannon looked excellent together, gave me goosebumps thinking about the future, with Van Riems coming up as well, we are gonna be strong for a while in the front.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:26 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
I'll agree with you about Kalinski, Powe and Hartnell. Maybe even Gratton to a degree. I just want to say the instant I saw Gratton on the ice on a slight scramble in the d-zone I had a feeling of dread...which was proven right when Kesler, the man Gratton should have covered, scored.
While Gratton was responsible for backchecking Kesler on that goal, I was cursing out Carle for his horrible turnover and tipping my hat to Kesler for a great deflection.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
The skill of maneuvering in a circle, ah the greatest assest any driver can aquire in the grand state of NJ.

Ill agree the lights suck there when the traffic gets heavy (which is pretty much all the time). and trying to get off 130 onto 30 blows. but its not as bad as the 70/73 circle with all those effing traffic lights they put in there. Id rather have my teeth drilled out by a rusty drill than drive through that abortion. Especially at rush hour. god.
I know what you mean about that circle. I had to go to a class over the summer for my job right in back of that big ass shopping center with Fridays and the movie theatre, and the fastest way to get there was to shoot right down 70 from work. I used to dread having to come to that light. Still do, but I'm not down there as often anymore.
When it comes to the Berlin circle, though, I'd rather that one have stayed too. I used to go to the Palace Diner all the time and it'd be a simple turn and I'd be there. I stopped going for a while, and still don't go there a lot anymore, but when I do, I have to turn onto some retarded long ass u-turn thing and it's just a pain. And the friggen intersection. What a joke. You got traffic coming from like 6 directions. I swear, Jersey tries to fix its mistakes and just ****s things up even more.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
I know what you mean about that circle. I had to go to a class over the summer for my job right in back of that big ass shopping center with Fridays and the movie theatre, and the fastest way to get there was to shoot right down 70 from work. I used to dread having to come to that light. Still do, but I'm not down there as often anymore.
When it comes to the Berlin circle, though, I'd rather that one have stayed too. I used to go to the Palace Diner all the time and it'd be a simple turn and I'd be there. I stopped going for a while, and still don't go there a lot anymore, but when I do, I have to turn onto some retarded long ass u-turn thing and it's just a pain. And the friggen intersection. What a joke. You got traffic coming from like 6 directions. I swear, Jersey tries to fix its mistakes and just ****s things up even more.
I think us 3 only know what we're talking about. Everyone else here doesn't live in Sj haha.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
That is so true. I just love that circle being gone if im crusing down 73. if you need to make a simple right hand turn, you end up in texas.

I wish theyd build that freekin overpass at the 73 70 circle like they said they would.

Old
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I think us 3 only know what we're talking about. Everyone else here doesn't live in Sj haha.
i love route 55 though. it rules. lol. going away from deptford, once it meats 42 forget it.

Old
12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
While Gratton was responsible for backchecking Kesler on that goal, I was cursing out Carle for his horrible turnover and tipping my hat to Kesler for a great deflection.
That was a great deflection by Kesler...

Old
12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Photos:

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote