HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Confirmed] LaBarbera Traded to Vancouver for a 7th Rounder

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2008, 02:12 PM
LombardiTool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
What about his stomach? He was belly-flopping all over the place towards the end....
It did get old at the end. It was time for him to move on. The games he played right before Christmas, I was watching with my dad. I was so frustrated with him, I started yelling at the screen. My dad started getting on my case about Babs. I immediately thought "Now I know what Beauty feels like".

Scary that I was thinking about yer ass at christmas!

Old
12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
As happy as I am () I still think he was worth a little more.
Could we have... probably. I think we had a space problem up with the Kings and Vancouver did us a favor by taking him. Makes this weeks roster decisions much easier.

Old
12-31-2008, 02:31 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
As much as I hated his play, I hope he goes on to succeed with the Canucks. He probably won't, but remember, with the Kings, he was the best goalie in minor hockey, and also played decently under Crawford's reign of error.

Old
12-31-2008, 02:34 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Could we have... probably. I think we had a space problem up with the Kings and Vancouver did us a favor by taking him. Makes this weeks roster decisions much easier.
we did Jason a favor by moving him there, too.

He's a goaltender, it's going to be a lot easier for him to play well there, in a place he's comfortable and excited to be playing, as opposed to say, Tampa.

Old
12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Wow, woke up to hear this wonderful news. . .2009 is going to be a great year

Old
12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
CrazyCanucks

You Kings fans act like LaBarbara is our #1 goalie now for the rest of the year. Remember we do have Luongo and the only reason for this trade was Sanford is on the IR as well.

How many games is he really going to play for the Canucks anyways? 5 max?

Also, why would Lombardi be the GM of the year? Last I looked, I cant recall when a GM won Executive of the year when being 1 game bleow .500. Wasnt he the same GM who traded for Cloutier after we got Luongo and we still got 2 high dratft picks and Lombardi signed him to an extension, that he had to buy out??? Oh ya great GM Material there...

Old
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
King Blazer

Good Luck to him! He helped the Monarchs have their best run ever and I will always appreciate what he meant to the run!!!

Old
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Randart

Well Said KB...

I too appreciated his run an we actually were sad he was not able to come up to the Kings cause of the waiver deal! And I was one who did support him for our starter! Sadly he was ever and always a streaky guy.

And as many here said seems like the league maybe has figured out how best to get to him. The elite players make him look foolish alot, and his practicing rebounds to use for breakouts really wanted to make me pull out my hair!!!

He is a good teamate and cept for his glaring at our beloved younger players when he was beaten was a good cheer leader for our team. Sadly he was not able to retain the top spot he was groomed for.

Good luck to him in his career, but I am very happy his tenure with the Kings is over!
Even if he becomes better thru coaching or change of scenery his last few games were,
some of the sadest I have had to witness cept for Cluutz. The losses were especially hard to swallow.

To KPD I say this, just because someone has a viewpoint different from yours are they on a band wagon you abhorr? Do you thinik you might be just a bit hard an harsh with your fellow fans in this case? Do you tend to lump people into categories as a rule or just in this case? As an individual and american a society built on individualism I was taught to take each person an case as a unique one, something for you to consider as you compartmentalize the world an its peoples...

Happy New Years to all on this board may it bring us all that we wish for, and deserve... Go Kings!!!

Old
12-31-2008, 03:31 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
You Kings fans act like LaBarbara is our #1 goalie now for the rest of the year. Remember we do have Luongo and the only reason for this trade was Sanford is on the IR as well.

Also, why would Lombardi be the GM of the year? Last I looked, I cant recall when a GM won Executive of the year when being 1 game bleow .500. Wasnt he the same GM who traded for Cloutier after we got Luongo and we still got 2 high dratft picks and Lombardi signed him to an extension, that he had to buy out??? Oh ya great GM Material there...
Easy there fella. Dont be coming in and slamming all Kings fans over a few peoples comments. Quote a thread then slam.

Old
12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Perspective.

Our "clear" number 1 goaltender at the beginning of the season was just traded for a 7th round pick.

Perspective.

Beer.
What does that say, if anything, about how our coaches evaluate Goaltending talent?

I dont wat to think about that now!

Old
12-31-2008, 03:55 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
What does that say, if anything, about how our coaches evaluate Goaltending talent?

I dont wat to think about that now!
Not much. They gave the two guys that deserved the shot a shot at taking it. Babs couldnt run with the ball so he is gone. People want to knock management for giving a loyal player every shot in the world. Nothing came of it so they moved on. Win win for everyone.

Old
12-31-2008, 04:04 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
He went from being our #1 goaltender at the start of the season to being traded for a 7th round pick 37 games later. When people laugh at the Kings franchise - this is one of the many reasons why.

One of the underlying reasons people are thrilled is that this signals the turning of a page for the Kings organization. We're growing and training our own goaltending talent, and after several years we're starting to see a glimpse of those efforts pay off.

- T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I get it. It's ok to suck if you start out not sucking. Welcome to the reality of sports. It's not what you have done, but what you are doing. As a fan, I have every right to bash anyone who I think sucks. Labs is not even an AHL caliber goalie atm, how could you possibly STILL be defending him?

Reality is, Cloutier = Labs right now. I don't really care what happened 2 years ago.

Edit: you act as if the complaints have ill feelings towards to person himself. Most posts bashing labs is based on his performance, and nothing to do with him as a human being. I wish him well in life, but i'll be damned if I sit here and actually wish he was still part of the organization as a fan.
While I have "bashed" the Nothingman, its his play and NOT his person that bears the brunt of the BASH...Guy couldn't get the job done and watching him in close games, and worse in Shootouts, was brutal. Every scorer in the league makes the same move on him and they all score.

Dont wish him bad luck, (excpet when he plays us) but SO GLAD TO SEE HIM GO.
I still have concerns about what our coaches were thinking when they named him the number 1 Goalie pre-season, but it appears there has been a sea-change in how we view our Goaltenders, and that can not be a bad thing given how poor they have been in the recent and distant past.

Here's to Quick and Ersberg or Ersberg and Quick, however it shakes out for the better!!!

GO KINGS GO!!!

Old
12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

If that.

Quote:
Do you not have a sense of humor? Yes we are all aware of Dean Lombardi's shortcomings and failures (Cloutier being one of them).

Old
12-31-2008, 04:09 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I don't think anyone here confuses me with a Lemming.
Hey no name, follow me!!!! The Piper with the flute up in front is playing such a good tune . . . it sounds so good I just cant stop myself, right over the edge of that cliff.

Old
12-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Good Luck to him! He helped the Monarchs have their best run ever and I will always appreciate what he meant to the run!!!
Class.

Old
12-31-2008, 04:52 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Am I the only Kings fan that thinks that Labs is going to pull a Garon and we'll be plagued by Vancouver fans asking us why we traded him?

Old
12-31-2008, 04:56 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Am I the only Kings fan that thinks that Labs is going to pull a Garon and we'll be plagued by Vancouver fans asking us why we traded him?
Maybe, 'cause if you ask an Oil fan, it looks like Garon has pulled a LaBarbera.

Old
12-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Probably. 1) he's not going to get much time, 5-10 games max? and 2) They have a guy named Luongo who will be playing no matter how well the other goalies up there may be doing.

Old
12-31-2008, 05:13 PM
ILuvLA

Had a great year while in the AHL for the Kings - was ok or inconsistent otherwise. This year has been downright awful. Good luck elsewhere Labs.

Old
12-31-2008, 05:15 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Probably. 1) he's not going to get much time, 5-10 games max? and 2) They have a guy named Luongo who will be playing no matter how well the other goalies up there may be doing.
Ah good point.

Still think it's hilarious how people still think the Kings have the defense of last season.

Old
12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:

Good luck with Gillies!

Good luck especially next season when the Sedin's are UFA's.

Good luck with Steve Bernier's crap contract.

Old
12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Quattro

damn, what happened to the "Don't Feed the Troll" smiley?

Old
12-31-2008, 06:57 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Handzus has been awesome but thanks.
I agree Zues has played better this year than last, but his play has died off recently. I'm still going to have to pay DL on my bet with him about Zues, but He has been awfully queit as of late.

Old
12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
mikealive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
I agree Zues has played better this year than last, but his play has died off recently. I'm still going to have to pay DL on my bet with him about Zues, but He has been awfully queit as of late.
try watching his defensive game lately, it's only gotten better.

Old
12-31-2008, 07:08 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Trolling posts have been removed, along with the responses to them. Please don't feed the trolls.

- T

Closed Thread