HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

You guys got LOLBarbera!

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2009, 07:37 AM
LaLaLand

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Dolemite;17060376]Not. LaBarbera was in a bad situation in LA. He's got skills but has been rotting away on a crappy team with even crappier goaltending coaches an even worse defensive corps.

LaBarbera has the skills. However, when you rot away on a perpetually crappy team year in and year out, winning attitudes don't always come easy.

hmmm... you guys got pump faked hard on this trade... barbs has skills? i guarntee he loses you games purely on his raw talent...

and lets be real, like you guy have been much better, you had a great playoff run last year even with the sedin sisters and what ever other scrubs you guys got in your locker room... the sad thing is were seven points away from you guys and we have some serious question marks in our line up, within two seasons see how " crappy " our team is

Last edited by LaLaLand: 01-01-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old
01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Not. LaBarbera was in a bad situation in LA. He's got skills but has been rotting away on a crappy team with even crappier goaltending coaches an even worse defensive corps.

LaBarbera has the skills. However, when you rot away on a perpetually crappy team year in and year out, winning attitudes don't always come easy.
There is nothing like a mother's love.

Thank you for coming here and sharing your thoughts Mrs. LaBarbera.

Old
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Better stop talking about LA defense... That doesn't go over well with their fans.
The worst are the ones who have their location set as Vancouver, but cheer for the Kings and only come on the boards when the Canucks are playing the Kings. They come in our gameday threads and spit straight venom at every single one of our fans about how crappy and overrated the Canucks are and how good the Kings will be in the future and won't leave. I'm talking about that Rob something guy with the team USA avatar and a couple others. The most violent of those type always seem to sport the USA Hockey avatar. lol
So I just assume that they were born in LA and were forced to move here for work or something.
God DAMN are they angry though! In general, fans of any other team that live in Vancouver seem to be the angriest towards the Canucks.

Old
01-01-2009, 06:17 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Wellwood is God View Post
The worst are the ones who have their location set as Vancouver, but cheer for the Kings and only come on the boards when the Canucks are playing the Kings. They come in our gameday threads and spit straight venom at every single one of our fans about how crappy and overrated the Canucks are and how good the Kings will be in the future and won't leave. I'm talking about that Rob something guy with the team USA avatar and a couple others. The most violent of those type always seem to sport the USA Hockey avatar. lol
So I just assume that they were born in LA and were forced to move here for work or something.
God DAMN are they angry though! In general, fans of any other team that live in Vancouver seem to be the angriest towards the Canucks.
Probably because if you live in Vancouver you're force-fed the Canucks.
Which is what makes it a great place to live, really.

Old
01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

I've actually found that while most of the strongest Canuck haters live in Vancouver, or BC in general, a lot of fans of other teams (that live in Vancouver) are actually some of the most knowledgeable fans overall. I have a couple friends in Vancouver that are Flames fans, but since they actually watch Canucks games, they can actually acknowledge the strengths of the team, rather than be biased blind haters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
Probably because if you live in Vancouver you're force-fed the Canucks.
Which is what makes it a great place to live, really.
Vice-versa, I bet you're pretty sick of LeafsNation, eh KDizzle?

Old
01-01-2009, 06:45 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
I've actually found that while most of the strongest Canuck haters live in Vancouver, or BC in general, a lot of fans of other teams (that live in Vancouver) are actually some of the most knowledgeable fans overall. I have a couple friends in Vancouver that are Flames fans, but since they actually watch Canucks games, they can actually acknowledge the strengths of the team, rather than be biased blind haters.

Vice-versa, I bet you're pretty sick of LeafsNation, eh KDizzle?
I don't listen to the Fan590 out here. And I don't listen to radio much in general so I stay isolated from LeafsNation. When I watch Sportsnet it's always SPac on my digital cable box.

And my friends who are Leafs fans aren't obnoxious... although I have a few acquaintances who are obnoxious, I've grown accustomed to tuning them out

Old
01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

LA Fans: Go away, stop trolling our forum. Your team sucks, that sucks for you but we don't really care about your opinion.

Old
01-01-2009, 07:21 PM
DreamCatcher*

LA Fans for the last 5 years: "Watch out everyone our team is going to be a dynasty.... next season!"

Old
01-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
There is nothing like a mother's love.

Thank you for coming here and sharing your thoughts Mrs. LaBarbera.

Riddle me this, who's the new whipping boy for the Kings suckage now that LaBarbera is gone?

I also love how none of these Kings 'fans' aren't watching the game today to see how good LaBarbera does when he has actual talented players in front of him.

Old
01-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoalMan11 View Post
and lets be real, like you guy have been much better, you had a great playoff run last year even with the sedin sisters and what ever other scrubs you guys got in your locker room... the sad thing is were seven points away from you guys and we have some serious question marks in our line up, within two seasons see how " crappy " our team is
Gotta love trash talking from a fan of a club that has accomplished as much as the Canucks have in their entire history - which is squat.

Old
01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

I don't feel like babysitting this thread, and i'm pretty sure we've covered everything.

Locking.